Workout routine

johnathan1995

johnathan1995

Awards
I'm going 17 in a few months time and has been lifting for few months with not much results.i get advice saying I should do more compound workouts for my age but im confused on a workout routine.can anyone help me out?i train each group of muscles once a week.

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
Google madcow 5x5 and DC training. Not making progress means not making size gains. Are you getting stronger?

johnathan1995

johnathan1995

Awards
I think I have some little increase in strength though.i don't feel sore after workouts anymore and I lift a little heavier now.

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
Sometimes it is difficult for us to notice a change in our own bodies. It also could be a factor of bad form, diet, not training hard enough, overtraining, weak or inconsistent program, etc. It is really hard to say. Follow a good program, make sure you are eating to gain weight, and concentratecon your form.

johnathan1995

johnathan1995

Awards
Thanks very much.i will now look into these.

Newtonselite

Newtonselite

Awards
  • Established
i agree at your age i would focus mainly on routines that help you gain strength, provided your weak in those areas, make sure form is correct ect, and your eating to grow. in your situation i would roll with wendlers 5/3/1 BBB routine, but the above mentioned are still good, DC may be a little advanced for you just yet since youve only been lifting for 3 months.

so to sum it up 5x5 and 5/3/1 BBB would be my starting choices. and a good bulking diet. the results should come!