smith machine vs reg bench ?

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. smith machine vs reg bench ?


    What exactly is the difference ?


  2. Stability muscles
    •   
       


  3. Angle, stabilizers, Smith is usually lighter and counter-weighted.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  4. Use smith as little as possible

  5. Alright appreciate the info
    •   
       


  6. The difference is stabilizers. Do both. They both play a purpose. Unless ur on juice then it really doesn't matter.

  7. Smith is a crutch can be counter productive in ability to build. also may put a lot of tension on wrists or back depending on exercise because it stays on the same plane compared to free weights.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by matt8483
    The difference is stabilizers. Do both. They both play a purpose. Unless ur on juice then it really doesn't matter.
    ^^^^^comments like these get people hurt....do not listen to this advice!

  9. Why is that ?

  10. Being on aas DOES NOT mean you can start training carelessly. No matter if your a natty or chemically enhanced you should always train with good form and always listen to your body. Any exercise or machine that does not conform to your body's natural planes of motion should be minimized. Arnold, ferrigno, mentzer...all built phenomenal physiques without smith machines. Stick with mainly compound movements and throw in your other stuff here and there for finishing moves and/or just to switch it up a little. This is the tried and true method my brother! Good luck!

  11. the argument that smith is lighter is dumb. if its lighter then add more weight. simple. and i love smith. i rotate smith with DB. if i do BB, it kills my shoulder for some reason. also, it helps me when i dont go with my partner so i have a spotter as the machine. get stuck i can just rack it.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by R1balla
    the argument that smith is lighter is dumb. if its lighter then add more weight. simple. and i love smith. i rotate smith with DB. if i do BB, it kills my shoulder for some reason. also, it helps me when i dont go with my partner so i have a spotter as the machine. get stuck i can just rack it.
    I had that same problem with my shoulder. I started doing a few warm-up rotator cuff exercises on my back, shoulder, and chest days along with some super cissusrx....all better now. Just my 2 cents.

  13. Just your 2 (cents) sense is right. That because that juice fried your other senses. I never said juice balls don't have to train carelessly. They just don't have to train as much/hard as the people who are doing it the right way. And I never pointed u out. So you must have took it personally. But thats ok. It's expected from y'all distended bellied juice balls. And everyone is entitled to their opinion, so mind yours. Who are u to tell this person, who he should listen to. First of you ain't Arnold of Ferrigno. They actually made a career of it. And yes the did put in the work. But most juice balls think they can be Arnold by juicing up and pumping a few sets out at the gym, then walk around with their distended bellies and think its all good. In actuality they look like ****. It's not normal or healthy. Their just lazy and don't wanna sweat. I don't know about u but I don't know to many juice balls that sweat when they workout. Except the very few like Arnold who was making a living at it.

  14. Also the smith puts more focus on the chest. Where the bench has u working more muscles. So if you wanna focus more on the chest the smith is good. Don't get me wrong, the bench is far more superior to building mass. Like I said before, do both.

  15. Distended abdomen does bot cone from aas you ****ing tard. You just proved my point that you have no idea what your talking about...so thank you. Also I don't know what kind of "juice balls" so to speak you know but an EDUCATED aas user knows that aas are worthless without spot on diet, nutrition and training. And for your information **** face aas increased healing time=training more frequently and LONGER AND HARDER! Increased nitrogen retention=more food and calories....PLEASE DO NOT TAKE THIS IDIOTS ADVICE! I have a NASM certification in personall training and corrective exercise (so I have made a career out of it also) so don't argue with me about exercise dip**** bc you are wrong! I train with pros daily and if it was as easy as pinning some juice and throwing up a few sets everyone would do it. This is how it goes...train hard and consume proper nutrition for as may years as it takes to reach your genetic potential and THEN AND ONLY THEN should anyone think about aas. It's only for once you reach your genetic limit and you wish to move past that. (which is what I have done) .....thank you I'm done with this guy! And oh yeah...ps. distended torso comes from extended use of Gh and in son cases insulin. Igf1 attaches itself to the intestines and causes growth. If ANYONE in your gym who is not planning on turning pro or competing at a national level is taking slin or Gh for anabolic reasons then they are just as uneducated as you are.

  16. It's more an accumulation of VAT from heavy androgen usage and also stomach distention from the amount of food that they have to eat to maintain their size. The whole idea that GH/IGF-1 causes intestinal growth is a myth as they would cause a myriad of GI problems.

    That being said, saying that AAS is cheating and that users are lazy is just plain ignorant.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  17. **** all y'all marble nut ass bitches. Y'all r in little man denial! Get off that **** and then talk. Y'all have this crazy problem about being huge. When actuality you can deal with what ur genetically born with. Chumps!!

  18. If u get gratitude from being fake more power to u. Ur a little man that takes steroids to feel BIG! (just like the rest of them).Then once u get off that **** permanently, ur gonna look and feel like ****!

  19. Quote Originally Posted by matt8483 View Post
    If u get gratitude from being fake more power to u. Ur a little man that takes steroids to feel BIG! (just like the rest of them).Then once u get off that **** permanently, ur gonna look and feel like ****!
    Your stupidity doesn't even warrant a rebuttal.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  20. Back to the main topic. I have a four year degree in exercise science. Not some Mickey mouse certificate. He's just trying to justify his addiction. Take that **** at ur own risk. Many of people have died from juice!!

  21. Quote Originally Posted by matt8483 View Post
    Back to the main topic. I have a four year degree in exercise science. Not some Mickey mouse certificate. He's just trying to justify his addiction. Take that **** at ur own risk. Many of people have died from juice!!
    I have a Master's degree in Exercise Physiology and have been accepted into the PhD program at the University of Texas.

    Show me the bodies and the CDC data backing up your claims that "many people have died from juice."
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  22. People are dying all the time from juice. Heart attacks left and right. That one wrestler benoist or whatever his name was. Macho man. I think. Either way, it's proven. It's in every health class in middle school and high school. The **** isn't healthy. I cant believe you would even condone it. Your school hasn't taught u much then
  23. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    MidwestBeast's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by matt8483 View Post
    Many of people have died from juice!!
    That sounds like a black comedy title.
  24. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    MidwestBeast's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by matt8483 View Post
    People are dying all the time from juice. Heart attacks left and right. That one wrestler benoist or whatever his name was. Macho man. I think. Either way, it's proven.
    For what it's worth, you're not helping your argument.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by matt8483 View Post
    People are dying all the time from juice. Heart attacks left and right. That one wrestler benoist or whatever his name was. Macho man. I think. Either way, it's proven. It's in every health class in middle school and high school. The **** isn't healthy. I cant believe you would even condone it. Your school hasn't taught u much then
    Wow, that's such compelling evidence. The high death-rate amongst professional wrestlers cannot be solely attributed to steroids when opiate, narcotic, and tranquilizer abuse is very, very prevalent. I'm pretty sure that AAS didn't cause Benoit's brain to resemble, "...an 85 year-old Alzheimer's patient." Like I said earlier, when you make a claim like that, you're going to need some citations and evidence. It's too bad that your school didn't give you the ability to do your own independent research and look beyond what is written in archaic textbooks. Look at how many BB'ers from the 50's, 60, and 70's are still alive and I can guarantee you that they used copious amounts of AAS.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  26. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja
    It's more an accumulation of VAT from heavy androgen usage and also stomach distention from the amount of food that they have to eat to maintain their size. The whole idea that GH/IGF-1 causes intestinal growth is a myth as they would cause a myriad of GI problems.

    That being said, saying that AAS is cheating and that users are lazy is just plain ignorant.
    Thanks for the clarification on that. Now I can order my igf lol. The research I've done seemed made it seem plausible that igf would attach to the intestines...but maybe not....thanks bro.

  27. Quote Originally Posted by matt8483
    People are dying all the time from juice. Heart attacks left and right. That one wrestler benoist or whatever his name was. Macho man. I think. Either way, it's proven. It's in every health class in middle school and high school. The **** isn't healthy. I cant believe you would even condone it. Your school hasn't taught u much then
    This guy REALLY should be banned before he makes this whole site look bad to newcomers. I've been at another sight for yrs and decided to venture into new territory recently. If his posts were the first I saw I would've never joined assuming everyone else was as ignorant as him

  28. What makes u think that putting something in ur body that doesn't belong there is healthy?? Also, if it wasnt cheating why is it banned in all sports?? The only way I can see it somewhat healthy is if a DR prescribes it to u. Because then u need it. Y'all can bash me all u want but I was just trying to say my piece. Nobody should be telling this guy or anyone else that it's ok to juice up! That's not for u to decide. And like I said once u get off that ****, u are worse than where u started. Arnold looks like **** now! And the only reason some of them are still alive is because they have the money to stay alive!

  29. Quote Originally Posted by matt8483
    People are dying all the time from juice. Heart attacks left and right. That one wrestler benoist or whatever his name was. Macho man. I think. Either way, it's proven. It's in every health class in middle school and high school. The **** isn't healthy. I cant believe you would even condone it. Your school hasn't taught u much then
    Health class also teaches you that marijuana kills brain cells. The studies went like this...permanently attach a gas mask onto a monkeys face and SUFFOCATE it to death with marijuana smoke. When the OXYGEN DEPRIVATION TO THE BRAIN KILLS THE MONKEY AND IT'S BRAIN CELLS..they say MARIJUANA kills brain cells. New stuies, that I've even seen on the show manswers, show that marijuana PROTECTS the brain from alcohol induced cell damage and actually STIMULATES brain cells NOT KILLS THEM!

  30. Dude! Get off that ****! You ****ing JUG head! U are not cool! Telling people juice is ok?!? Ur the ignorant one. Not everyone that wants advice, wants advice from a JUG HEAD! Moron!!
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Smith machine bar
    By Pipes in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-29-2011, 06:23 PM
  2. Smith machine?
    By mcgee1516 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-28-2010, 09:30 PM
  3. Smith Machine
    By abnxtwo in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-27-2009, 11:46 PM
  4. Bench Press - Smith Machine vs. Standard
    By big daddy in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-04-2009, 03:15 AM
  5. Reverse-Grip Bench Press on Smith Machine for Triceps
    By Rock Lee in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-21-2008, 04:58 AM
Log in
Log in