Just getting started

chiefc

Awards
Well you can tell by the subject I have decided to stop the roller coaster. I am in the army active duty and I have been fighting the battle of the bulge for a long while. I left high school at 300+ lbs got into a head on collision with a bigger car and lost. I was laid up for 6 months. I have no desire to return to the state I was in in high school ( BTW the 300 was not muscle) I still continue to fight the weight. I would like to build muscle and erase the fat. I lifted every day while deployed and all that got me was flagged for missing the hight weight. I want to do this right can anybody help? I am lifting now and using andro shock. As you can tell by the job not a whole lot of money to spend on supplements . I have a wife and three boys I am trying to set a good example for.

chiefc

Awards
In order to help you out my questions to you are how much time do you plan to include in your workout regime and what goals to do you have? I can help figure out a routine that would be efficient in time. Loosing the weight is a lifestyle change not just a workout regime. I have found myself to lose a total of 60 pounds from January 2010 and have managed to maintain a healthy 190lbs. I am stil trying to become leaner at 180 to 185, but it becomes more challenging.
Well I weigh about 215 right now my goal is to try to stay about the same weight but muscle I don't know if I can do that at the same time. I am not supposed run that much any more I messed my feet up in Iraq. I used to run 6 mi three times a week. I get an hour for pt three days a week. Do you know how much protein I should be getting a day to build muscle while dieting. What supplements do you recommend to help me along the way?

chiefc

Awards
Well I weigh about 215 right now my goal is to try to stay about the same weight but muscle I don't know if I can do that at the same time. I am not supposed run that much any more I messed my feet up in Iraq. I used to run 6 mi three times a week. I get an hour for pt three days a week. Do you know how much protein I should be getting a day to build muscle while dieting. What supplements do you recommend to help me along the way?
I get pt 1 hour a day 5 days a week

chiefc

Awards
1 hour a day five days a week

Doss

Doss

Awards
  • Established
If you're lifting, I've found that by dropping some weight and adding a few more sets with lower rest intervals, you can get your heart really pumping. I think it might be something that could help you. It makes lifting feel a little more like cardio so you can get your heart rate up and tone-up/build some muscle.

If you take the last few sets of each exercise to failure you're going to see some results, even with lighter weights. Give it a shot if it sounds good. best wishes.

chiefc

Awards
I appreciate the advise I will give it a try. Do you recommend any supplements to help?

gaijininjapan

Awards
  • Established
You don't need supplements right now. get your eating habits in check, and get your training in check, 3 days resistance, 2 days running. I'd stick to compound movements for the resistance training, squats, bench, rows, OHP, etc. Just to build basic overall strength.

Overall, it depends on what your goals are, but it seems like you just need to get into a good habit right now, and build a good foundation first.