B&G's Questions

Mrbobcat

Awards
I've been doing the Blood and Guts program for almost 10 weeks now and have been making my best gains in years. Granted the first 3 weeks or so I wasn't going to absolute failure as I started about 80-90% since this was a new way to train for me and mostly new exercises. I know its supposed to be a 6 week program, but how long can you keep going it if your getting results? I'm just now getting to the point that I'm hitting the wall on a lot of the smaller exercises like leg curls, calf raises, side raises and curls in which I lost about 3 reps when I added the last 5 pounds and I've only lost at most one rep before. But some exercises like for back and legs still have some room to go as I'm still getting all the reps out and still adding weight every workout. Although my shoulder is starting to bother me after chest workouts for the first time this routine (it usually bothers me sooner when doing regular benching and not declines). I'm thinking I should take a break in the next week or two? I'm not sure what to do then? I think your supposed to go light for a couple weeks and then start the program again. But how light do you go and do you do the same exercises? Then when you start up heavy again do you do the same exact routine with the same weights you ended with or go about 85% or so to get some momentum? I'm thinking it would be better to switch up most of the exercises to try to get some PR's in those too and the fact you see Dorian doing a lot of different exercises in some videos so I'm sure he did'nt do just the ones in the 6 week trainer.