16 week bulk training help

ih8uselessppl

ih8uselessppl

Awards
Hey, so I'll keep this simple because simplicity is good.

Next 3-4 months, 16 weeks about, I wanna do hardcore mass build. I'm 155lbs at 10%bf and I don't want to cut anymore because I DONT HAVE WEIGHT TO CUT. So I wanna do mega mass build. Like 2-3 protein shakes a day, eat lean, train like a monkey. I've heard stuff on like 5x5 training but I'm not sure what that is. 3x3 training is 3 sets of 3 right?, but I heard 5x5 was something different? Not sure unless it's just 5 sets of 5... Anyways what would be some good training numbers to go by? I have my excersises down, I just need numbers to go by so I can adjust the weights I perform these excersises at. Thx

Also, I weigh 155-160, how much protein/carbs/fat should I be eating?

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
"mega-mass training"

look into the 5x5 on google...

eat steak and potatoes and drink milk every day

GLHF

GLHF

Awards
  • Established
so ur just stating that ur doing all the mass building muscle split but in actually ur question is "what are some good starting numbers for 5x5?"

.......wtf dose that mean. wow kid, how dumb can u get. go in the gym, and find out by actually doing the exercises physically, not just mentally.

ih8uselessppl

ih8uselessppl

Awards
so ur just stating that ur doing all the mass building muscle split but in actually ur question is "what are some good starting numbers for 5x5?"

.......wtf dose that mean. wow kid, how dumb can u get. go in the gym, and find out by actually doing the exercises physically, not just mentally.
You dont have to be an *******, I'm asking what are some good sets/rep numbers to use that are good for MASS, while of course maintaining proper nutrition/caloric intake while watching macros

Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It's mostly about nutrition. Of course how you train matters, but nutrition should be the focal point. If my nutrition is on, then it really doesn't matter as much what kind of training program I'm on. I'd just pick mostly compound movements and supplement that with some isolation exercises. Keep the reps under 10. I like the 6-10 range mostly.

Also, get in the calories. Here's a good recipe that I use for breakfast shakes. You can take them later in the day too, but it does have a lot of sugar so I wouldn't drink directly before bed or anything. I usually drink one in morning and then drink one a little more than an hour after I lift (my first actually-food post-workout meal).

1 cup oats... Throw these into a blender and blend until powdery. An electronic coffee grinder works best.
1 ripe banana
1 scoop protein powder... Best if a blend of whey/casein, but just whey works because you'll be adding milk anyway
2 to 2.5 cups milk... Thickness depends on how much oats used, so if it's thicker, add more milk
(optional: peanut butter, or anything else for that matter)

Adjust the ingredients to suit your needs. These things taste delicious!!! You can get a ton of calories in like this..

Turnitup122

Awards
Imo you don't need 3 shakes a day. Too much fast protein is very much like having too much sugar and it will most likely result in unwanted fat gain(unused protein can turn to glucose in the body). Imho you should chew your calories not drink them. At least this is what my research has told me and it works for my body. I mean unless u have a reaally fast metabolism then id say go at it. Just keep researching and keep an open mind