Am I doing this right?

Machwon1

Awards
  • Established
Ok long story short... Workouted for 2 years with little gains... Want strength now.... Decided to do starting strength..... I just had my first workout and was done in 15-20 min.... I wanted to start light very light.... Do I still eat as much even though it wasn't that hard.... Here was my workout....

Squat.... 3x5 with 95lbs
Bench 3x5 with 95lbs
Deads 3x5 with 135lbs..

Added dips 2x8 bodyweight....

Is that all I do? Add 5lbs to every lift every workout.....? Also even though I only did 95lbs on squats my legs burn...mostly in the front on the thigh is this the right place? I'm working on form...

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Just kidding... That seems pretty light overall. You'll find that as you are getting to real maxes that you'll need the 2-3 minute rest between sets, which will make it a good bit longer.

Machwon1

Awards
  • Established
Ya I wanted to start as light as possible to get the most out of the program.... So I can do like 170 5 times proablly but wanted to start light.... My squat sucks to don't know why....

As that pic as weird as it is.... Is hot as hell

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah, as you get close to your 5 rep max, you'll need longer rests between so it wont seem so fast.

Machwon1

Awards
  • Established
Ok cool... Hoping to bench two plates after this program....

Machwon1

Awards
  • Established
Well that's fine.... I wasted 2 years already.... Getting no where fast.... But if I add 5lbs a workout that's roughly 2-3 months untill I get there if no deload is needed...

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Since you are starting so light, its a good time to add in a lot of GPP and ancillary work to build up core, stabilizator, and fixator strength.

Single leg work
Hip abductor work
Face pulls, supine rows, bent over db flys, band pull aparts, external rotations, scaptions, scapula depressions
Various bridges and other abdominal and core work

It will improve muscular balance and manifest in better lifts with better techinque when you get into the heavier weights.

Don't forget stretching either.

Br

Machwon1

Awards
  • Established
Hmm... All the time I see don't mess with the program...

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hmm... All the time I see don't mess with the program...
I'd agree, but does the program suggest starting at 50-60% of your 5rm? I'm not sure, haven't really looked at SS that hard in the past.

Machwon1

Awards
  • Established
I think it's like start at 70-80% of your 5rm... The book is on the way to my house now.... So I can tweak as soon as it gets here...

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
The SD you are on should be helping your lifts out quite dramatically...

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The SD you are on should be helping your lifts out quite dramatically...
Thought this looked familiar...

Just for reference before spending too much time in this, guys:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/180253-how-strong-sd-2.html#post2959519

lol this story is becoming all too common with you... it's not even being told straight anymore.

In this thread you say you say you used Beastdrol at 10/20/20/20 with no big gains.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/178836-biting-sd-bullet-2.html#post2931618

In this thread you say you ran Beastdrol at 20/20/30/30 and you gained only 5lbs.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/179523-sd-pulse-high.html#post2942006

And in a more recent thread you say you ran Beastdrol and STOPPED at week 3 (you went all 4 weeks every other time) and get this, you gained 3 lbs this time.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/180262-massdrol-beastdrol.html#post2953066

Stop trolling.

And if you can lose a pound a week on a 1700 calorie diet BUT gain naturally on a 2300 calorie diet *cough* bullsh*t *cough* I don't understand why you bother with steroids. You're a superhuman bro!

Machwon1

Awards
  • Established
Ya the sd is helping I believe thanks for asking