loose feeling muscle

LIFTEDnGIFTED

LIFTEDnGIFTED

Awards
I have been working out often and effectively for some time. My muscles have always felt very loose, and it's really annoying. When I train them they are tight but they are quite loose otherwise. I thought maybe it was because there was fat in the muscle itself, which makes the muscle loose. I feel ultimately it has to do with the way i train but i do not know. Any thoughts?

kxyx8611

Awards
It may be how much bodyfat you are carrying around or the type of workout routine you are on. Usually a higher rep program will tighten up the muscles a bit more than low reps. Certain supplements can also contribute to excess water which can cause the muscles to look loose.

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
You're muscles are supposed to be relaxed (loose) unless you are contracting them. In fact, if a muscle is chronically contracted (flexed), then you start running into issues of tonicity.

Take home message: if you're muscles are hard when you are working out, flex, or are pumped...then its not an issue of intermuscular adipose.

Br

LIFTEDnGIFTED

LIFTEDnGIFTED

Awards
kxyx8611: I like to think that I don't have a ton of fat on me but I probably have a good 10% or so. I am trying to loose weight at the moment but I am still performing a high weight low rep workout

Sounds good to me though. Thanks for the help guys.