Classic Dilemma

jcbthree

Awards
whats up everyone. im 24, and ive done prohormones before, always love them. im planning on doing epitest 8 weeks (only done 4 weeks before), and plan on getting some serious gains. so, i have two questions that i have my own opinion about, but asking experienced guys (and girls?) couldnt hurt and i would love to hear some good stuff.

1. would you recommend the same workout routine throughout, or switch after the first 4-6 weeks? (also, if you have a good bulking workout, let me know! :firedevil:)

2. usually, prohormones give me RIDICULOUS muscle stamina and recovery rates. so normally, i do 3 day rotation, usually with only one day or rest (sometimes none!) it usually looks like this .. chest tris/back bis / shoulders traps calves / (optional day off) / repeat... - what rotation of days off would you recommend?

for example, on/on/off/on/off OR on/on/on/off OR etc...

ill cater my workout around what most of you recommend

thanks all

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hormone usage aside, I recommend you train your legs.

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
Hormone usage aside, I recommend you train your legs.
LOL, true.

Considering legs are THE most important muscle group in order to increase overall size and weight it is quite shocking that you disregard them this much. They are responsible for releasing the most testosterone in your body as well.

You could get some serious gains if you trained your legs more without the help of steroids.

Just saying.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
5'11 173 lbs, needs juice at 24 to gain muscle and doesnt train legs...one of those guys i see...

jcbthree

Awards
5'11 173 lbs, needs juice at 24 to gain muscle and doesnt train legs...one of those guys i see...
haha you're 5'8" and 188 lbs. and im only 173 at the beginning of working out, why do people think im sitting on this forum updating my height and weight everyday? you're one of those guys i see ..

one amateur bodybuilding competition more than you tho, right?

thanks for the advice, i train my legs with calves and ive been working out for 2 years, i know how imp legs are.

i was mainly asking split routine/full body, but im usually a split body guy, so im gonna try full body this go-around.

i have a bunch of good programs, but if you have success stories with full body or a good program u recommend id appreciate it.

other advice/comments i dont need thanks

owlicks

owlicks

Awards
haha you're 5'8" and 188 lbs. and im only 173 at the beginning of working out, why do people think im sitting on this forum updating my height and weight everyday? you're one of those guys i see ..

one amateur bodybuilding competition more than you tho, right?

thanks for the advice, i train my legs with calves and ive been working out for 2 years, i know how imp legs are.

i was mainly asking split routine/full body, but im usually a split body guy, so im gonna try full body this go-around.

i have a bunch of good programs, but if you have success stories with full body or a good program u recommend id appreciate it.

other advice/comments i dont need thanks
Sorry buddy, working out for two years hardly qualifies you as an expert. I've been lifting for 12 years, and I'm still learning new information all the time.

Secondly, regardless of your recovery times, I think full body workouts are a waste. Listen to your body, and if you feel like you can handle it and you have the time, do a two day morning/evening split. I'd structure it as follows:

Monday Morning: Chest/Back
Monday Evening: Legs/Abs
Tuesday Morning: Shoulders
Tuesday Evening: Biceps/Triceps
Wednesday: Cardio

Then start the whole routine over again on Thursday and take Sunday off. As for whether you should switch your routine up -- the whole key is to make it not a routine. If a workout is going well, I'll stick with it for a few weeks, but I'll switch exercises after that. With some muscle groups, I'll modify the workout slightly each time I go. I never skip the classic compound lifts though like heavy squats and heavy flat bench.

jcbthree

Awards
sweet advice .. thanks man, i like that idea and have looked into two-a-days, if i have the time i would do it, my recovery is usually great so ill keep it in mind. appreciate it.

owlicks

owlicks

Awards
sweet advice .. thanks man, i like that idea and have looked into two-a-days, if i have the time i would do it, my recovery is usually great so ill keep it in mind. appreciate it.
No prob!

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Your first post didnt show much experience. Also i dont train for size atm so im happy at 190. I'd say look into layne norton's power/hypertrophy split or 5/3/1. They focus on strength which is an important factor for growth.

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Theres a very high probability that you'll burn out after a few weeks training 2 a day 4 days a week.

The majority of the programs I prescribe are based around an upper body lower body split with different focuses.

You could split upper body like this:

Day 1: Upper push, pull ancillary
Day 2: Upper pull, push ancillary

Or

Horizontal focus, vertical ancillary
Vertical focus, horizontal ancillary

Mean while, I'm a big proponent of splitting the lower body into posterior and quad dominant

Squat focus (anterior), deadlift ancillary (single leg RDLs, glute work, etc.)
Deadlift focus (posterior), squat ancillary (split squat, VMO work, stationary lunges, etc)

A simple

Lower 1
Upper 1
off
Lower 2
Upper 2
off

Br