How are you guys splitting your sessions?

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
Lately it seems like I'm getting weaker, and size is slow to come.

For the most part my training has been two on, one off, two on, one off.

I train one body part per session.

Chest would usually be:

Incline press db or bb 10,8,6,10-12
Flat bench 10,8,8,12
db flys 10,10,12
cable crossover 15,15,failure

back would usually be:

Pull ups 3 or 4 sets - how ever many I can crank out
BB row 10,8,6-8, 10-12
pulldowns 10,10,8,12
seated cable rows 3 sets mid rep range.
sometimes incorporate drop sets on pull downs and cable rows.

Arms:
Chin ups - 3 sets
bb curl 10,8,6-8
incline curl - 3 sets 8-10 reps
rev curls -3 sets 10-12 range

shoulders:
Rear delt movement - 3-4 sets 8-12 rep range
upright rows 3 sets 8-12 range
lateral raise 3 sets 8-12 range
maybe a little front delt work
Shrugs - exercises vary 6 to 8 sets total.

Legs:
I'll be honest, sometimes hard working, sometimes shameful.

I've only recently added the forth set to some of my movements.

I've been pretty stressed out lately, but I try to harness that in my training. So I don't know if its that thats weakening me or my CNS is just shot.

I've never really done "deconditioning" or deloading" weeks. I would just sometimes take an extra day or two (at most) off. after awhile.

I try to keep my calories in a surplus. I eat pretty much every three hours and always chug casein before bed.

Sorry for the long read. How do you peeps work your sessions? Thanks for your time and feedback :)

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Do you ever change up the exercises for any given muscle group?

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
Yes.

What I have posted is what my sessions for the last few weeks have been like.

Oh and I'm currently finishing up a 6wk run of LG's M1D and MMV3. Soon to be starting Formadrol PCT.

Tonight is Arms. I think I'm just gonna go through a light (through the motions) workout.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So you lift weights five days a week? Maybe try a three or four day split.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lately it seems like I'm getting weaker, and size is slow to come.

For the most part my training has been two on, one off, two on, one off.

I train one body part per session.

. . .

I've never really done "deconditioning" or deloading" weeks. I would just sometimes take an extra day or two (at most) off. after awhile.

I try to keep my calories in a surplus. I eat pretty much every three hours and always chug casein before bed.

Sorry for the long read. How do you peeps work your sessions? Thanks for your time and feedback :)
If you're getting weaker and not making progress or going backwards - particularly if nutrition is on track - then your body is trying to tell you something, especially since you mention that you do not give yourself "easy" or "deloading" weeks, or schedule in weeks off.

Everyone is different in what they do. Personally, my training re splits (I've done and do body-parts, full-body, circuits, amalgamations of everything, etc., with single-day sessions, 2-a-day training, etc.) and progressions change weekly, depending on my how the last week went, how my body feels, results, goals and needs of that phase, and other factors. If you've ever followed any of my logs, you will see what I mean.

I schedule in a day off all training once a week, and I have an "easy" or "deload" week (could be as extreme as taking a week off resistance training, or just decreasing my training volume for that week by doing only 2-3 weights' sessions and less cardio) when my body requires. I do believe that you need to have a week off ALL training every 8-16 weeks, since recovery time is very important for you body and essential in making progress - trust me, I know, since I was one of those people who only had about a week off every YEAR, and my body eventually just gave out on me and I've had issues since if I push it too hard and don't take time out when it's needed. My body usually goes ~16 weeks before it tells me such a week (or "easy" week) is needed, and although the last time I had a week completely off all training was ~6 months ago, I'm currently having a cardio-only "easy"/"recovery" week (my last one was ~16 weeks ago).

In the end, you have to do what's right for you at any given time. Your training should be planned and periodized, whether linear, non-linear, or something else altogether, towards your goals. There should be a method to your personal madness, and if there is not, then you need to step back and make sure there IS.

~Rosie~

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
Thank you, Rosie.

Oh, and I noticed I left my triceps exercises off my "arm" workout.

Recently consists of
JM Press 4 sets
Tate Press 3 sets
Incline skull crushers FST-7 style.

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
I did an easy arm night, last night. Follow the same routine, minus a couple of extra sets, and didn't push myself. I found that to be difficult.

Thinking of switching to Push/lower body/pull, routines.

The hard part about constructing one, is how many exercises, and sets, in one session.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thinking of switching to Push/lower body/pull, routines.

The hard part about constructing one, is how many exercises, and sets, in one session.
All depends on your goals and needs, really, although I would say aim for making your resistance sessions last no longer than ~45 minutes in total (inclusive of sets and recovery between them). You don't need to do many exercises as long as you cover what you have to each session - something as minimal as 1-2 exercises can be adequate enough, and adjust sets and reps for it.

~Rosie~

Pika

Awards
Yh id listen to these guys, try rushing your sets for exsample if your taking a min break between sesh cut it in half push yo self to you feel weak and sikky maybye or try gettin a spotter and put like 20kg more then you can left and try and left atleast 2 rrep

Strenge is all in the mind what one man can do another can do :) true words

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
I started a new split, last night.

Chest/Back/Bicep. Two movements per muscle, 3 sets each.

Tonight will be Quads/Hams/Tricep/Shoulders.

Tomorrow, off day.