How does this look?

W13NY

Awards
I haven't changed my routine in a while so its time for a change. Before I start this I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions for it?

Stats:
Height: 5'10
Weight: 185
GOAL: To gain size and be 195lbs before July.

Monday - Back
DB Rows - 4 Sets (1 Warmup) - 8-10 Reps
Deadlifts - 3 Sets - 8-10 Reps
Wide Grip Pulldowns - 4 Sets - 8-10 Reps
Narrow Grip Pulldowns - 3 Sets - 8-10 Reps

Tuesday - Shoulders
DB Press - 5 Sets (1 Warmup) - 8-10 Reps
Side Raises - 3 Sets - 8-10 Reps
Face Pulls - 3 Sets - 8-10 Reps
BB/DB Shrugs - 4 Sets - 8-10 Reps

Wednesday - Arms
Biceps
DB Curls - 4 Sets (1 Warmup) - 8-10 Reps
Hammer Curls - 3 Sets - 8-10 Reps
Preacher Curls - 3 Sets - 12-15 Reps
Triceps
Close Grip Bench Press - 4 Sets (1 Warmup) - 8-10 Reps
Dips - 3 Sets - 8-10 Reps
Straight Bar Pushdowns - 3 Sets - 8-10 Reps

Thursday - Legs
Squats - 4 Sets (1 Warmup) - 8-10 Reps
Leg Press - 3 Sets - 8-10 Reps
Leg Extensions - 3 Sets - 8-10 Reps
Leg Curls - 3 Sets - 8-10 Reps
Calf Press - 4 Sets - 8-10 Reps

Friday - Chest
Incline DB Press - 4 Sets (1 Warmup) - 8-10 Reps
Flat BB Press - 3 Sets - 8-10 Reps
Decline DB Press - 3 Sets - 8-10 Reps
Cable Flys - 3 Sets - 8-10 Reps

urbanski

urbanski

Awards
  • Established
hopefully it will work for you. too much volume and not enough rest for me. it looks like a good layout if you can pull it off. i'd start with the DL on back day, and flat BB bench on chest day, just as you start w/ squats on leg day.

crux

Awards
Looks ok. You're 18 with some size on you so you can probably handle the volume, but it is a little high in terms of total number of exercises, sets and reps. You may want to progressively change up your rep range and go a little heavier/lower reps on your primary lifts. I have always preferred to deadlift at the end of my back session so that my CNS is fully warmed up, but do what works for you. Also, I would not personally want to train triceps (especially with close grip bench) two days before chest. My tris would still be fried. My workaround would be to do legs on Wed, Chest on Thurs, arms on Fri. It's a compromise, though, because you would only have one day in between deads and squats. Whatever works for you.

What you don't mention is intensity and diet. Specifically, how much rest between sets and what you're eating to support your goal. Keep your diet clean, and eat at least 1g of protein per lb of bodyweight per day.

Just my $.02. Hope that helps.

Markusrulezzz

Markusrulezzz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
As far as volume

Chest, Legs BAck = 9 - 12 sets MAX
Bicep, triceps, shoulders = 6 sets Max

that works the best for me !

SRS2000

Awards
  • Established
I would do something that emphasizes the big lifts more with less isolation work. Really pour your efforts into getting stronger on the main lifts like SQ, DL, BP, overhead press, and rows. If size is your main goal get stronger in the 6-12 rep range on these lifts then add a limited number of isolation exercises to "finish" things off. Combine that with lots of food and you will gain size.
If you want something that puts it all together, I would recommend something like 5/3/1 since it will give you a framework and progression but still allow you customize your assistance work a bit.

W13NY

Awards
Some changes I have made thanks to your suggestions is moving arm day back to tuesday so that I have plenty of rest before my Chest session on Friday.

I also took out a few sets on each day.

Also my diet is clean and I usually take in 1-1.5g of protein per lb each day.

W13NY

Awards
Also if anyone can help me out quick with this.. Do you think you get better gains doing Squats and Leg Press or should I just do Squats on Leg day to avoid overtraining?

W13NY

Awards
Anyone have a suggestion on if I should Squat and do Leg Press or is that too much?

Markusrulezzz

Markusrulezzz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Do squats and do those leg curl machines... don't over do your legs because you must do deadlifts and you use your legs when you do deads !

or do 3 sets of Squats and 2 sets of leg presses and that's it for your legs ! no more training them

W13NY

Awards
alright thanks man. ill probally do the squats and the machines