Please help with strain recovery tips!!

1. Please help with strain recovery tips!!

Hi guys,

While doing push presses, I feel like I either pinched a nerve behind my shoulder blades or strain the lower part of my trap. Looking to the left and sometimes even straight ahead aggravates it.

I don't stretch before training, I just do a few warmup sets with light weight, but stretch afterwards.

I stopped training pretty soon thereafter and took a long hot shower, and now i have a cold pack on the area.

How can I recover from this? I need the gym to get all my pissed off daily life frustrations out!!!

thanks bros

2. Rest, ice, moderate stretching, nsaids, and a foam roller will help. Give it a few days, don't do anything that aggravates it and ease back into your workouts.

3. Quote Originally Posted by HATEFULone View Post
    Rest, ice, moderate stretching, nsaids, and a foam roller will help. Give it a few days, don't do anything that aggravates it and ease back into your workouts.
    I'd also add in rotator cuff work to this. It could easily be a strain of the subscapularis.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

•   

4. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    I'd also add in rotator cuff work to this. It could easily be a strain of the subscapularis.
    Thanks for the replies guys.

I gave up doing heavy weighted dips a long time ago because of rotator cuff tenderness, and stopped going behind the neck with presses also. A couple years ago I added in the DC rotator-cuff stretch where you hold a broomhandle in front of you and rotate it over your head and to your back. This is the first time I've had any back/shoulder strain

Had a ****ty time sleeping last night, wish i could bring a cold pack to university, heh.

5. Quote Originally Posted by HATEFULone View Post
    Rest, ice, moderate stretching, nsaids, and a foam roller will help. Give it a few days, don't do anything that aggravates it and ease back into your workouts.
    Good advice.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-27-2011, 07:17 PM
  2. neck strain on most exercises
    By DerickVonD in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-04-2009, 11:09 PM
  3. eye strain with lifting?
    By freeze313 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-06-2008, 02:48 AM