need help with cardio routine - AnabolicMinds.com

need help with cardio routine

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  199 lbs.

Question need help with cardio routine

ive been doing cardio every monring fasted with a fat burner some hmb for about 30min med int.130-150bpm with mon n fri doing hiit but now im getting worn out mid morning i get up at 5:30 and hit it at 6:15 soon as im done i drink 5g glut 10g bcaa and eat breakfast at 7:30 eat about 320g pro 310g carbs and 90-100g fat on w/o days 3200cal and 2500cal on non w/o days im 33 200lb with 8-9%b/f just want rid of small love handles and fat on lower part of gut where the only fat i have is any help would be great and i lift heavy 3x aweek with fri and sat being explosive rep days kinda light

2. New Member

Have you tried walking on an 8-9 incline at 3-4 mph for 45 min- an hour? I find that works wonders for me.
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.

How long have you been working on this? Fat doesn't disappear overnight - it takes work.

I had great success with some pretty high intensity rowing for about 45 mins a day - five days a week.

That worked fine for the most part but now I'm down to the last little bits of stubborn fat like you are - really not much at all. I've been experimenting with Tabata Protocol - still dialing it in but it seems to have promise for me.

Saves a helluva lot of time too.
    •   

4. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  123 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by tubbednova View Post
    ive been doing cardio every monring fasted with a fat burner some hmb for about 30min med int.130-150bpm with mon n fri doing hiit but now im getting worn out mid morning i get up at 5:30 and hit it at 6:15 soon as im done i drink 5g glut 10g bcaa and eat breakfast at 7:30 eat about 320g pro 310g carbs and 90-100g fat on w/o days 3200cal and 2500cal on non w/o days im 33 200lb with 8-9%b/f just want rid of small love handles and fat on lower part of gut where the only fat i have is any help would be great and i lift heavy 3x aweek with fri and sat being explosive rep days kinda light
    If you've just started training, then HIIT three days a week, on the days alternate to your resistance training days for ~12 minutes is sufficient for effective and successful fat loss if you're giving 100% in your efforts, and have your nutrition and the rest of your training on track.

Try doing Guerilla Cardio (it's what I do, and have done variations of since 2004) - doing it running is best:
    a. 4 min jogging
    b. 8 x 20 sec sprint effort (as hard as you can go) / 10 sec easy or recovery
    c. 4 min jogging

~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  199 lbs.

when i use the treadmill i do 15% at 2.5 to 3.5mph for 30min but i always do something different for my cardio
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  199 lbs.

the only real rest days from weights is thursday and sunday and ive been traing for over 2yrs in some way and form but just now been doing fasted cardio my hiit is usally 5min w/u with 8 45sec 11mph and 90sec c/d cant run no faster thats a 1mph jump from when i started.dont know what my heart rate is doing hiit cant do anything else but to not fly off the treadmill i do know when i do my 30min of reg cardio my heart rate is always 140-150bpm after about 2min into it.should i be taking anything other then d4 and hmb? or lose hmb and take my glut and bcaa before instead of after.my lifting is mon chest bi's and forearms tue is legs calves and tri wed is shoulders back and traps thur rest fri explosive training or 1rm testing ofchest legs bi tri forearms sat shoulders back calves traps light weight and few sets i usally do my abs afterwards
  7. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  123 lbs.

when i use the treadmill i do 15% at 2.5 to 3.5mph for 30min but i always do something different for my cardio
    Ok.

the only real rest days from weights is thursday and sunday and ive been traing for over 2yrs in some way and form but just now been doing fasted cardio my hiit is usally 5min w/u with 8 45sec 11mph and 90sec c/d cant run no faster thats a 1mph jump from when i started.dont know what my heart rate is doing hiit cant do anything else but to not fly off the treadmill i do know when i do my 30min of reg cardio my heart rate is always 140-150bpm after about 2min into it.should i be taking anything other then d4 and hmb? or lose hmb and take my glut and bcaa before instead of after
    It doesn't matter what your heart rate is doing - and the higher it is during cardio, the better you are going to be re fitness and ability to burn fat.

If you use the treadmill when doing efforts, get on for the effort, and get off to rest between efforts - this is what I do (I start out at 8-9 miles an hour for 1-4 minutes, and then I set the treadmill to anywhere from 10-12 miles an hour for my efforts, and get on and off between efforts).

You don't need anything but the Basic Staples (creatine, multivitamin/antioxidant, good fats, protein, and BCAAs, honestly - certainly not d4, HMB, or L-Glutamine. You can use BCAAs - pre and post, or whenever you need them. And you're already using a fat burner.

~Rosie~

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  199 lbs.

thanks for your time and wisdom im not a runner by far cause doing 11mph for 30-45sec bout kills me for only doing it for 8x and walking fast for 1.5min
  9. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  123 lbs.

thanks for your time and wisdom im not a runner by far cause doing 11mph for 30-45sec bout kills me for only doing it for 8x and walking fast for 1.5min
    No worries

I'm not a runner either, LOL - what I gave you was just an example of how you could utilize a treadmill for efforts (sprinting outside is really the BEST way to so HIIT, IMO); you would obviously use a pace that is challenging for you, but that you can handle without falling off the treadmill. You don't need to do effort for 30-45 seconds - as I said in an earlier post, 20 seconds is adequate enough, and if it's something you're not used to, trust me, it IS enough!

~Rosie~

10. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  199 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    No worries

I'm not a runner either, LOL - what I gave you was just an example of how you could utilize a treadmill for efforts (sprinting outside is really the BEST way to so HIIT, IMO); you would obviously use a pace that is challenging for you, but that you can handle without falling off the treadmill. You don't need to do effort for 30-45 seconds - as I said in an earlier post, 20 seconds is adequate enough, and if it's something you're not used to, trust me, it IS enough!

~Rosie~
    i like to push myself as hard as i can which is usally to hard because after i get done i feel great cause i did it but then soo worn out rest of my day sucks and i.ll try any thing a couple times and running outside would suck here its 10 outside
  11. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  123 lbs.

i like to push myself as hard as i can which is usally to hard because after i get done i feel great cause i did it but then soo worn out rest of my day sucks and i.ll try any thing a couple times and running outside would suck here its 10 outside
    Which is good - INTENSITY (albeit doesn't have to be long) gets results (is your NUTRITION AND rest of your TRAINING are in line).

Just experiment with different things - try skipping or boxing or something (both great cardio modes), and you can do variations of HIIT with them as well. Start thinking outside the box - even swimming sometimes (swimming is very taxing on the body, and even the slowest pace if you're not used to it is intense).

~Rosie~

12. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  199 lbs.

what im running into is im getting fatigue mid morning after doing these things.im doing cardio 6x a week with sunday being my only day of rest which i still alittle worn out from the week i guess
  13. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  123 lbs.

what im running into is im getting fatigue mid morning after doing these things.im doing cardio 6x a week with sunday being my only day of rest which i still alittle worn out from the week i guess
    Maybe you need to cut your cardio back to 3-4 days a week and just ramp up the intensity. Like I said earlier, alternating cardio with your resistance training days and having a day off is a good schedule. Remember that more is not always better - you want to train SMART.

~Rosie~

14. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  199 lbs.

your the third one to say that i just feel odd not doing anything in the morning but i gotta do what i gotta do i guess hiit 3x 1 or 2 nice med longer ones
  15. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  123 lbs.

your the third one to say that i just feel odd not doing anything in the morning but i gotta do what i gotta do i guess hiit 3x 1 or 2 nice med longer ones
    We're not saying it for no reason! You have what you need to know - now APPLY it! I am not needed here anymore - over and out.

~Rosie~

16. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  199 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    We're not saying it for no reason! You have what you need to know - now APPLY it! I am not needed here anymore - over and out.

~Rosie~
    thank you soo much for time once again
  17. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  199 lbs.

so i changed my diet and my cadio taking in 1000 less cal mainly from fat and carbs and doing morning fasted cardio 3x for 30-40min at about 115-130bpm feeling little better already
  18. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  123 lbs.

thank you soo much for time once again
    No worries

so i changed my diet and my cadio taking in 1000 less cal mainly from fat and carbs and doing morning fasted cardio 3x for 30-40min at about 115-130bpm feeling little better already
    For effective and successful fat loss, you do NOT need to go 1,000 calories below Maintenance - ~500 calories less tops is MORE than adequate, especially if you are ALREADY creating more of a caloric deficit by adding in cardio or more training!

~Rosie~

19. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  199 lbs.

im not my maint. is 3000 and im eating 2300-2400cal except on sat i go 400 over maint its only my second day on it but so far so good
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  235 lbs.

Ever tried jumping rope? I've found that to be the best for me.

What I do is I jump rope for about 3 - 5 minutes, once that hits I hit the ground and do abs, weighted sit ups, then lats and then lower abs, then get right up and do another 3 - 5. If you do this 3 - 5 times you should have done a very decent workout.

You can always wear chin weights to further make it difficult and heavier jump rope.

Just a thought, not to mention it's one of the most fun workouts out there.
  21. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  199 lbs.

i really suck at jumping rope about 30sec is my avg.
  22. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  235 lbs.

i really suck at jumping rope about 30sec is my avg.
    You don't have to not miss a jump... Just whenever you do stop, just get back on it. With time you'll get better and it is a killer workout
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. How often should I do cardio with my current routine?
    By DerickVonD in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-16-2010, 09:41 AM
  2. 20 Rep Routine and Cardio
    By android04 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-07-2009, 09:18 AM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-15-2007, 10:22 PM
  4. Please help with my routine/cardio layout.
    By OmarJackson in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-26-2004, 02:18 PM
  5. Cardio Routine That Worked for YOU
    By YellowJacket in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-19-2003, 10:57 AM