Massive forearms

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
I was wondering does anyone know what is best to develop forearms? Specificlly the upper side of the forearm. The part runs from the top of your hand to the elbow. I want forearms like John Grimeks or Chuck Sipes.

Attachments

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Deadlifts. You can tell the guys who have big arms, but don't deadlift. The next time you look at Vin Diesel, look at his forearms. I bet he has never done a deadlift in his life. I hope you understand that forearm development has a lot to with your genetics...

Longdog

Awards
  • Established
I have no problem getting my right forearm to grow, but the left is another story ;)

Reverse curls are good for upper forearm (brachioradialis), as are reverse wrist curls. Grip exercises work well too.

Mike Oxlong

Awards
tossing your straps aside when doing back, except the last heavy set if you really need them, is a good idea.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I like behind the back wrist curls too....they'll add mass like no other exc. I've ever done.....too bad I can't do them anymore cuz they tear your wrists to high hell.... :mad:

jjjd

Awards
  • Established
imo, iso contraction (like people get from deads) is mediocre at best for forearm DEVELOPMENT (iow size vs. strength factors).

i've trained with enough pl'ers and OL'ers (the latter use hook grip, btw) to conclude that you can build very very strong grip strength while getting concommitantly mediocre DEVELOPMENT.

moving the muscles through a greater ROM, for higher reps than the 1,2,3's that strength athletes usually do, will yield superior visual results, imo

lots of exercises you can do, including the classic rolling up a weight hanging from a rope (thicker bar yields better results), doing wrist raises with a plate, etc.

some of the best forearms i have ever seen have been on merchant marines. completely popeye like (which is where the cartoonist got his ideas - sailors who work with ropes for hours on end).

MUCH longer time under tension, and much greater rom than one will get with deadlifts and the like. and much more impressive forearms.

oracle

Awards
try getting one of those grips you can carry around with you that you squeeze, every time you are driving your car, switch between hands every fifty squeezes or so, and just squeeze and drive away till your hearts content.....

kelsey

Awards
  • Established

Attachments

willieman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I bucket on a rope tied to the middle of a one inch diameter stick.Fill the bucket with rocks, sand water...watever, and dangle the bucket over a deck, stairs, out a window...now roll the the stick twisting the one inch rod,(while forearms are supported)winding up the rope until the bucket reaches the top of the stick, and then slowly let it back down agian...burns like hell...

Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established
Hammer Curls do a good job on the upper forearm for growth.

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for everyone's replies. I'll have to keep some of these in mind.