change of routine

mikaveli06

mikaveli06

Awards
  • Established
Still fairly new to seriously working outand need some advice. I was doing m-w-f-general upperbody and 30 min cardio, and t-t-s hour cardio and do legs once in a while Realizing this is no good I am switching to a push-pull-leg split. I want to know if
m-push
t-pull
w-leg
t-push
f-pull
and most saturdays leg (real busy work days)

and 30 minute cardio daily sounds solid or
m-push
w-pull
f-leg
and cardio 30 min those days, and hour on off days

Which would u suggest to build lean mass and lose weight (just generally get healthy) and why

ps...are flys considered a push or pull...i did them today with push

ps no.2 i did 3 sets of 8 to 12 depending on excercise...would it be better for my goals to do less weight and 12 reps or lil heavier and do 8-10and do the 3 sets sound right

thanks in advance

mikaveli06

mikaveli06

Awards
  • Established
OK...2 days into this i think 6lift daysis gonnabe too much..Thinking of going push-pull-legs-off then repeat...First 2 days have been pretty intense..maybe its more reps and less down time idk...i have been spent when done and couldnt even finish cardio so i was thinking doing 20-30 min cardio as a warm-up then lift and off days maybe hit cardio for hour...anyone agree or disagree

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
you want to build lean mass AND lose weight? u cant do both. u gotta either bulk, cut, or recomp. tell us what u wanna do and we will help. or at least I will lol

mikaveli06

mikaveli06

Awards
  • Established
well i beleive i have been doing so because i was so fat to start...ive lost 53lbs so far and have def gotten stronger....was 335and down to 283 and dropping

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
well if you really are getting stronger while cutting, thats pretty rare. at least from my experiences. how many days a week would u like to workout. 6 days, at least for most, is a bit too much. most ppl do 3 to 5. i personally do 4. how long have u been on the push pull routine for?

mikaveli06

mikaveli06

Awards
  • Established
i know its gonna stop soon but i just had so much extra weight too start...im only 2 days into the push-pull...and i thought id be ambitous and do 6 but see now thats too much... thinking im gonna do push-pull-legs then off and repeat...does half hour cardio before lifting too much....maybe just 20min??

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
if it was me, id do my cardio AFTER training, and warm up on the bike for 10 min before training

mikaveli06

mikaveli06

Awards
  • Established
Ok, sounds like solid advice...looking over work schedule coming up and looks like ill be able to get to gym m-f and some sat....not many sundays tho...so im gonna try
m-push
t-pull
w-legs
th-push
f-pull

is one day of legs ok to two days push and pull or is this not advised...not for long term...just so i loose some more weight and then work out eveny