8 week program hypertrophy/strength
- 10-09-2010, 03:29 PM
- 10-09-2010, 03:46 PM
This sounds like it may be good for you. Ive tried several hypertrophy routine's and some modified 5x5 routine's. And nothing has ever kicked my a$$ like this man. Im not kidding today was the shoulder/back/traps day for me. Lets just say if you do this properly truely superset it no rest at all and then 90second breaks between each superset and only 2-3minutes MAX between each excercise you will be experiencing some serious hurt! Reviews on it are great as far as strength/mass gains go its the best of both worlds i guess.
- 10-09-2010, 03:55 PM
10-09-2010, 10:02 PM
10-09-2010, 10:17 PM
Training for strength is generally in the 2-5 rep range and takes much longer rest with times from 3-5 minutes.
M.Ed. Ex Phys
10-10-2010, 08:27 PM
I'd suggest a few things.
1. Train your lower body twice a week. 48% of your muscle mass resides below the belly button, upon countless other benefits to placing equal emphasis on lower body compared to uppper body.
2. Perform an equal number pulling to pushing exercises. This means if you have two push days (chest and shoulders) you should have two push days (rows and pull up based).
3. Maybe try a simple linear periodization schedule. Start in sarcoplasmic hypertrophy with reps around 12-15 with 1 minute rest for 2 weeks. 3 weeks in the 7-10 range with 2 min rest, 3 weeks in the 3-5 range with 3+ min rest.
4. Keep the same main movements for the cycle, but alter your ancillary movements (arm work, isolation work, stabilizor/fixator work, core work) every 2-3 weeks. Next 8 week mesocycle, choose a different set of core exercises (like front squats in place of back squats, etc.)
Similar Forum Threads
- By TGD in forum Training ForumReplies: 6Last Post: 11-05-2009, 05:24 PM
- By ILiftBig in forum Training ForumReplies: 5Last Post: 02-18-2009, 02:10 PM
- By cranghel099 in forum Workout LogsReplies: 7Last Post: 02-22-2008, 11:14 PM
- By kelsey in forum Powerlifting/StrongmanReplies: 0Last Post: 03-04-2006, 01:35 AM
- By kelsey in forum Training ForumReplies: 2Last Post: 11-29-2004, 08:26 AM