What Muscles on What day?

S

Seabee1507

Awards
i currently run a wierd split (in my oppinion) i go monday, tuesday, off wednseday, and back on thursday and friday, weekends off. this is my self made routine. i am ready to move on and do something new. please give me some suggestions of what muscle groups to work on what days, when to split. and even some new workouts. and look at the sets/reps. how would i change the workout for bulking and for cutting.
any advise is good. i am open to try anything.

• 20 minutes cardio
• 4 sets bench- 10-10-8-6
• 4 sets incline dumbbell- 10-10-8-6
• 4 sets decline bench- 10-10-8-6
• 3 sets CL-1 chest press- 10-10-10
• 3 sets vertical chest- 10-10-10
• 3 sets pec/delt fly- 10-10-10
• 20 minutes abs

Tuesday: Back/legs

• 20 minutes cardio
• 3 sets Barbell bent-over row- 10-10-10
• 10 chin-ups
• 10 dips
• 3 sets Dumbbell push press- 10-10-10
• 3 sets Dumbbell row- 10-10-10
• 10 chin-ups
• 10 dips
• 3 sets Barbell front squat- 10-10-10
• 3 sets squats- 10-10-10
• 3 sets goblet squats- 10-10-10

Wednesday: rest day

Thursday: arms/shoulders

• 20 minutes cardio
• 3 sets standing curl- 10-10-10
• 3 sets preacher curl- 10-10-10
• 10 chin-ups
• 3 sets bicep curl (machine)- 10-10-10
• 3 sets dumbbell single arm row- 10-10-10
• 3 sets close grip bench- 10-10-10
• 10 dips
• 3 sets alternating dumbbell bench-10-10-10
• 3 sets dumbbell incline fly- 10-10-10
• 10 8 counts
• 20 minutes abs

Friday: Mix it up

• 20 minutes cardio
• 3 sets shrugs- 10-10-10
• 3 sets bench- 10-10-10
• 10 chin-ups
• 3 sets CL-1 chest press- 10-10-10
• 3 sets E-Z curl- 10-10-10
• 10 dips
• 3 sets bicep curl (machine)- 10-10-10
• 3 sets lower back machine- 10-10-10

Thanks for reading, now please let me kno what you think. is what im doing good, or am i a idiot!!!

The Neck

The Neck

Awards
  • Established
Right out of the gate your routine lacks balance. I see 3 -upper days and only 1-lower? Way too much iso work & no deads.

The Neck

The Neck

Awards
  • Established
I would reccomend something along these lines. Shown below are your core exercises & one accessory, you will need to add in the rest, depending on what muscle groups need the most work. Work cardio in where ever you want.

Mon - Military Press (Core)
-"Weighted" Dips

Tues - Squat (Core)
- Good Mornings

Wed - Off

Thur - Flat BB Bench (Core)
- Incline Bench

Fri - Deads (Core)
- Stiff Leg Deads

Sat - (Optional) Here's where you can work on grip training & biceps if you deem necessary

Sun - Off

S

Seabee1507

Awards
Right out of the gate your routine lacks balance. I see 3 -upper days and only 1-lower? Way too much iso work & no deads.
i know, i realy do need to work my legs more. i run quite a bit. but rarely strength train them, what is iso work and deeds???
can you suggest something better???

The Neck

The Neck

Awards
  • Established
i know, i realy do need to work my legs more. i run quite a bit. but rarely strength train them, what is iso work and deeds???
can you suggest something better???

Iso = Isolation & Deads = Deadlift.

I would spend more time performing compound movements i.e. squats, deadlifts, good mornings, standing military presses, stiff leg deads versus a bunch of isloation work. And deadlifts are a must in any routine.

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like what Neck proposed. Another idea is to split your training by movement.

Monday: Squat
Tuesday: Upper body horizontal (bench press, bent over barbell rows)

Thursday: Deadlift
Friday: Upper body vertical (standing over head press, pull ups)

Br

SMOKEPALADIN

SMOKEPALADIN

Awards
  • Established
Move the cardio to the end of your workout or to off days.

wolverines

wolverines

Awards
  • Established
okay, monday and friday! why do you suggest that?
IMO legs are the most neglected / hardest muscle group to train. If you can consistently train them twice a week, the rest of your body will grow without a doubt.

Personally, I like to be the guy who squats on a monday while everybody else is doing chest and dead lifting on a friday when everyone is doing arms.

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In addition to what wolverine stated, here's the second problem with the typical muscle and fiction bodybuilding splits.

The lower body comprises 48% of the muscle mass on the body. Yet, on a typical 5 day split, the lower body only recieves 20% of the training stimuli. Further, the upper body is broken down into absurd muscle groups and pairings, such as an etire day dedicated to arms, which comprise only a small percent of the muscle mass. And yet, with over 5 major muscle groups (gluteals, hamstrings, quads, adductors and calves) in the lower body, all this is grouped into one training session. Its kind of silly.

Furthermore, the type of spine loading that occurs with lower body movements has many positive outcomes, such as increased core strength, increased bone mineral density, and increased gh and test production.

Br

wolverines

wolverines

Awards
  • Established
In addition to what wolverine stated, here's the second problem with the typical muscle and fiction bodybuilding splits.

The lower body comprises 48% of the muscle mass on the body. Yet, on a typical 5 day split, the lower body only recieves 20% of the training stimuli. Further, the upper body is broken down into absurd muscle groups and pairings, such as an etire day dedicated to arms, which comprise only a small percent of the muscle mass. And yet, with over 5 major muscle groups (gluteals, hamstrings, quads, adductors and calves) in the lower body, all this is grouped into one training session. Its kind of silly.

Furthermore, the type of spine loading that occurs with lower body movements has many positive outcomes, such as increased core strength, increased bone mineral density, and increased gh and test production.

Br
Awesome post right there I wish everyone on the boards would read this.

S

Seabee1507

Awards
thank you all for the help. i will be doing more legs and less upper body work. i do not exactly understand how my whole body will get bigger by working my legs more but i will deffinatly try it out.