Help Organize My Workout

Wudog

Wudog

Awards
  • Established
I have always worked out the same way for as long as I can remember. I have finally compiled an actual workout split and exercises; but need help organizing them. Feel free to suggest different exercises or to get rid of some. I need help specifically putting the exercises in order for each day. Thanks in advance!

Day 1:
Chest
Bench Press
Incline Press
Cable Crossovers
Seated Press
Incline Fly's
Fly's

Tri's
Skullcrushers
Dips
Tricep Rope Extensions
Seated Single Dumbbell Triceps Extensions

Shoulders
Military Press
Seated Dumbell Press
Shrugs
Front Dumbbell Raises
Shoulder Press Machine

Day 2:
Back
Bent Over Rows
Pull Ups
One Arm Dumbbell Rows
Deadlifts
Lat Pull downs (regular/far grip)
T-Bar Rows
Back Extensions

Bi's
Dumbbell Curls
Hammer Curls
Concentration Curls
Incline Dumbbell Curls
Preacher Curls
Cable Curls

Day 3:
Legs
Squats
Calf Raises
Hamstring Curl Machine
Lunges
Leg Press
Leg Extensions

Forearms/Grip
Grip Machine
Reverse Curls
Behind The Back Curls
Dumbell Forearm Curls

Neck
Neckmachine

elgenyo

elgenyo

Awards
  • Established
I have always worked out the same way for as long as I can remember. I have finally compiled an actual workout split and exercises; but need help organizing them. Feel free to suggest different exercises or to get rid of some. I need help specifically putting the exercises in order for each day. Thanks in advance!

Day 1:
Chest
Bench Press
Incline Press
Cable Crossovers
Seated Press
Incline Fly's
Fly's

Tri's
Skullcrushers
Dips
Tricep Rope Extensions
Seated Single Dumbbell Triceps Extensions

Shoulders
Military Press
Seated Dumbell Press
Shrugs
Front Dumbbell Raises
Shoulder Press Machine

Day 2:
Back
Bent Over Rows
Pull Ups
One Arm Dumbbell Rows
Deadlifts
Lat Pull downs (regular/far grip)
T-Bar Rows
Back Extensions

Bi's
Dumbbell Curls
Hammer Curls
Concentration Curls
Incline Dumbbell Curls
Preacher Curls
Cable Curls

Day 3:
Legs
Squats
Calf Raises
Hamstring Curl Machine
Lunges
Leg Press
Leg Extensions

Forearms/Grip
Grip Machine
Reverse Curls
Behind The Back Curls
Dumbell Forearm Curls

Neck
Neckmachine
What are your goals? You're taller and lighter than me so I'll take a stab and assume you're wanting to put on lean muscle. If that's the case I say drop most of the exercises and concentrate on compound movements and lifting heavy. Do a three day split concentrating on squat, deadlifts, bench press, overhead press, bent over rows, pull/chin ups. Lift heavy and intense and rest and eat in between. I've got a bit of bf to lose so I keep my calories at or slightly above maintenance. Work on building the mind muscle connection before doing all the isolation exercises.

There's nothing wrong with doing everything you've listed. It all depends on your experience level and although most won't admit it, almost everyone can learn something by going back to a beginners strength routine. After 3 years of doing magazine routines and spinning my wheels I didn't see as much progress as I have doing a simple strength program. The way I look at it is you have to build it up before you can chisel it and refine it down. Just like a sculptor.

Wudog

Wudog

Awards
  • Established
What are your goals? You're taller and lighter than me so I'll take a stab and assume you're wanting to put on lean muscle. If that's the case I say drop most of the exercises and concentrate on compound movements and lifting heavy. Do a three day split concentrating on squat, deadlifts, bench press, overhead press, bent over rows, pull/chin ups. Lift heavy and intense and rest and eat in between. I've got a bit of bf to lose so I keep my calories at or slightly above maintenance. Work on building the mind muscle connection before doing all the isolation exercises.

There's nothing wrong with doing everything you've listed. It all depends on your experience level and although most won't admit it, almost everyone can learn something by going back to a beginners strength routine. After 3 years of doing magazine routines and spinning my wheels I didn't see as much progress as I have doing a simple strength program. The way I look at it is you have to build it up before you can chisel it and refine it down. Just like a sculptor.
my size now is based on the fact of close to 5 months of not being able to do anything due to a broken thumb and pins in my hand. I was up to almost 200lbs. Benching 225x10, 245x10, 265x7. I was pretty solid all the way around. I am just looking to switch stuff up. See if I can get some input on organizing these workouts. My goals are to put more mass back on, along with obviously strength. I can lean out w/o a problem.

SRS2000

Awards
  • Established
I would second the notion to keep things simple and focus on the big compound movements to get your size and strength back. You could throw in a couple of isolation exercises here and there at the end of workouts, but I think all the stuff you have listed is overkill given your situation.

Smitty77

Smitty77

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
do you plan on subbing in different exercises every couple of weeks or something?

you don't plan to do everything you've listed on their respective days, do you?

what would a sample day look like in terms of sets/reps/exercise selection?

ZamaMan

ZamaMan

Banned
Awards
  • Established
IMO this is horrible!!!!! I mean really bad unless your injecting a ton of drugs. There is really way too much volume. For one your either gonna be at the gym for hours or your rest time will be so short that you will not be able recover enough for your next set. Second and more importantly your volume is so Incredibly high that you are just doing unneeded damage to the muscles that will just take longer to repair. There's a big differance between stimulating your muscles to grow and destroying them.
I only do 4-6 sets max per body part, even while on cycle. Not excercises but total sets. The way I figure IOC you can't get growth off that than your not working out hard enough.

gimli

Awards
I agree with srs2000, this workout defiantly is overkill. With a routine like this you might see some gains within the first few weeks or so (if you haven't torn your muscles to shreds), but after that you will stop, and possibly even get weaker. Focus on your three main lifts (four if you want to include military press), bench press, squat, and dead lift. I would recommend a west side routine or something similar. You should separate your lifting days into to groups, max effort, and dynamic effort. Max effort days obviously are to improve your big lifts. Lifts on these days are generally low volume with higher weight. Dynamic effort days, or speed days if you want to call it, focus on explosiveness to help your big lifts. For more information look up any west side routine and it will be explained in much greater detail. Now if your an athlete, I recommend checking Joe DeFranco's website.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ya please tell me this is just a sample list of exercises to choose from. I personally have started only doing 1 heavy pressing exercise for chest and shoulder days. The rest of the work comes from flyes and raises mostly. For back I like to go heavy but have to go with more reps due to weight limitations. So I make sure to bring the intensity. Legs I have been leaning toward more compound lifts. Like to have a day set aside for arms.