Training regime designed by IFBB pro

GrowthMan1

GrowthMan1

Awards
16 weeks out (4 weeks ago) my coach, who is an IFBB pro had me do the following:

Mon: Back
24-28 sets
Abs
8 sets

Tues: Chest
20 sets
Calves
8 sets

Wed: Arms
16 sets for biceps
16 sets for triceps

Thur: Shoulders
20 sets for delts
8 sets for traps

Friday: Legs
24-28 sets Quads/Hams combined

Sat: Rest, sleep lots

Sun: Rest, sleep lots

No cardio other than 5 minute warmup
Stretch after cardio for 10 minutes

My coach says cardio is over rated. My anxiety is through the roof since Im not doing cardio but we'll throw it in soon. Note the high volume; over the last 10 years that I have trained I have tried every split imaginable; push/pull/legs, low volume, high volume, 1 bodypart per week, 2 bodyparts per week...the above has been getting me extremely sore. Considering the source I'm not going to question...just run the race.

alih92

Awards
Does he recommend any SPECIFIC exercises, I'm interested in this :)

GrowthMan1

GrowthMan1

Awards
Does he recommend any SPECIFIC exercises, I'm interested in this :)
Not really. 95% of the exercises are done with free weights. This training program was tailored to my physique. We all are made differently, and we may have different goals as well. The exercises change weekly. We just go hard and heavy, reps ranging from 6-15.

alih92

Awards
Not really. 95% of the exercises are done with free weights. This training program was tailored to my physique. We all are made differently, and we may have different goals as well. The exercises change weekly. We just go hard and heavy, reps ranging from 6-15.
Well then one question...when doing rows, can you give me some tips?
For example, when doing seated cable rows, should I lock my lower back and keep it tight in one position or is it correct to lean forward when you bring the weight back and forth?

JLT

Awards
I have had great success with that same split. Though I have been thinking of changing my routine, just to try something different/

Brenn

Brenn

Awards
Good call. If youve spent money on a trainer, best to follow his advice!

Aside from being sore, how are the results so far? A lot can be done in this 8 weeks weeks, so you can relax about the cardio, Bro.

Just curious, are your trainer's initials P.H.?

GrowthMan1

GrowthMan1

Awards
Well then one question...when doing rows, can you give me some tips?
For example, when doing seated cable rows, should I lock my lower back and keep it tight in one position or is it correct to lean forward when you bring the weight back and forth?
I'm no certified trainer so I would be talking out of my ass if I was to give tips on form. I can tell you that I roll slightly forward, just enought to let my shoulders roll all the way forward...stretching the lats. Then pull in to your sternum, squeezing the **** out of the lats and back. Keep the arms limp and use your back only. If you focus on keeping your shoulders down you will feel it more in the back. Keep in mind, stretch, squeeze, stretch, squeeze...stimulate the muscle.

GrowthMan1

GrowthMan1

Awards
Good call. If youve spent money on a trainer, best to follow his advice!

Aside from being sore, how are the results so far? A lot can be done in this 8 weeks weeks, so you can relax about the cardio, Bro.

Just curious, are your trainer's initials P.H.?
Fortunately for me this pro helps me out. I get one hour of his time per week to pose, weigh, pinch fat, etc. Granted pinching is inaccurate, however, it is a means to guage progress.

No, different pro but I'm wondering who PH is? :ponder: