Tendon and Ligament strength...

BigFatPanda

BigFatPanda

Awards
So I'm about start a WS4SB routine... heres an example...

Monday
Max Effort Upper Body
Rows
Flys
Cuban Presses
Pressdowns

Wednesday
RDL
Split Squats
Abs

Friday
Rows
Flys
Cuban Presses
JM Presses

Saturday
Max Effort Lower Body
RDL
Split Squats
Abs

This is just an example, but I'm sure you guys get the point. The thing is I've been reading about tendon and ligament strengthening and I would really like to integrate that into my work out. From what I understand consistency is important. So, if I wanted to integrate bench press lockouts, rack pulls, should press lockouts, and quarter squats... how could I do that? I'd like to do those exercises once a week. I understand that I wouldn't be doing them for singles... but what sort of volume scheme should I use and is it possible to do something like this...

Saturday
Deadlift - 3 rep max
Rack Pulls - 3 x 5 or Quarter Squats - 3 x 5
SLDL
Split Squats
Abs

Monday
Bench Press - 3 rep max
Bench Press Lockouts - 3 x 5 or Shoulder Press Lockouts - 3 x 5
Rows
Cuban Presses
Pressdowns

Thanks,
BigFatPanda

shizz702

shizz702

Awards
The best way to do it imo would be to use it as assistance to your max effort lifts. Westside and its variations utilize the conjugate method, so you should be rotating your max effort lifts, and for whichever lift you do, you could use the rack work as assistance for it afterward. For example, you do max effort squats, hit up some quarter squats afterward. You do bench pressing, hit up lockouts afterward.

Keep the reps really low, they are best with low reps, no more than 5. 5x5 would be a good rep scheme, meaning warming up with 2 progressive sets of 5, then 3 sets of 5 for work sets, or even 3 sets of 3. In the grand scheme it doesn't really matter, but imo rack work is best with low reps.

russy_russ

Awards
  • Established
Tendons and ligaments will strengthen as needed with resistance training.