Messed up delt?? Help please

ammoarsenal

ammoarsenal

Awards
  • Established
Recently I've been having a sharp pain where my delt/ bicep meets my chest muscle. This seems to happen while doing low rows or dumbell rows on back days, I've also noticed a drop in strength in Bench exercises. It's a very sharp pain and I am unable to train back very good and it only happens during back days. I can do pulldowns pain free. Anyone have a similar problem and what would help this? I do not take joint support because I've never had a problem until now

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
Could be a impingement, or nerve compression issue.

ammoarsenal

ammoarsenal

Awards
  • Established
Well say I'm doing low rows with the close hand grip attachment. When I pull back and start to squeeze my lats is when I feel the sharp
pain. I have been Doing very light weight for 3 weeks (sets of 15-20) and the pain isn't as noticable but still bothers me. Heavy liitng hurts very bad so I'm stayin away

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
And you feel the pain in the anterior of your shoulder? When you contract your lats?

ammoarsenal

ammoarsenal

Awards
  • Established
And you feel the pain in the anterior of your shoulder? When you contract your lats?
Correct. It's where my delt/ bicep area meet my chest. And if I were pulling the grip back towards my chest and squeeze my lats is when I feel pain

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
Very odd. I think its time to see a doc.

ammoarsenal

ammoarsenal

Awards
  • Established
Don't fnck around. I did, and I regret it.
Ok I'll lay low for a while and maybe pick up some joint support or something? Would cortizone help? Ha I'm asking about a steroid that's non anabolic imagine that lol

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
Ok I'll lay low for a while and maybe pick up some joint support or something? Would cortizone help? Ha I'm asking about a steroid that's non anabolic imagine that lol
What a meant by that statement, was not to lay low, but to get it looked at. Just because you lay low doesn't mean an injury is gonna go away.

TravisG

TravisG

Awards
  • Established
Do this for me but listen to directions carefully or I'm only going to hurt you. Grab two dumbbells that arnt "light" for you but are less than your normal working set for lateral raises. I want you to do a normal set of dumbbell lateral raise with your palms facing the ground. Bringing your arms to horizontal with your shoulder. You should probably feel pain. Next I want you to do the same exercise with your THUMBS UP. So your palms are going to be facing away from you. KEEP THEM FACING AWAY AND THUMBS UP THE WHOLE TIME. The pain will go away if its impingement. It disingages your infraspinatus with the thumbs up. an interior muscle. Give that a shot and IM me if that does the trick. If it doesnt than it is doc time.