Abs Issues - AnabolicMinds.com

Abs Issues

1. New Member

Abs Issues

I am a prototypical ectomorph. I naturally carry a very low body fat percentage. I have visible veins in my forarms and biceps and have a very flat stomach, no flab (when flexed can hardly pinch anything).

Although I have this lean build and decent muscle tone I cannot see my abs. When I flex I can see the top two or so (no obliques) and without flexing my abs are non existant. If anything my stomach protrudes a little.

I eat a clean diet. 90% of the sugar I consume comes naturally from the fuit I eat with the remaining coming from low fat yogurt or a granola bar. Same goes with fat, my only vice is the steaks I like to eat but I stick with lean cuts and try to cut off as much of the fat as possible.

In the gym I dont kill myslef with abs b/c I have heard time and time again with a low enough BF% the abs will stick through on thier own, no need to over-do them. I stay away from cardio however b/c when I do, being an ecto, I shrink considerably fast.

I am currently 6ft tall and weigh 173 pounds. What is the issue? Does anybody know what I will have to do to have a legit 6-pack? I dont think lowering my BF% any lower is possible if I want to keep any bulk in my body. I am realalistic and dont plan on looking like a freak of nature but I would love to have abs resembling this...

http://i.ehow.com/images/a04/f...pack-abs-800X800.jpg

Any suggestions? Diet? Training?

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

You need to develop abs just like other muscles. If your BF is that low and you don't see them you need to work on them more.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  238 lbs.

Do heavy cable crunches and build the muscle you want to show.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacktail View Post
    Do heavy cable crunches and build the muscle you want to show.
    Sit ups/crunches with weights
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

Hit them hard with varying heavy and higher rep movements, not necessarily going to failure. Use short rests of about 30 secs or so.
    2-3 times per weeks has worked well for me, my abs were at their worst, strength and appearance wise when I was doing them only once per week.
    But i'm not you I guess.
  6. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

u say u want abs and they dont show only when u flex but u dont work them out cause they show already???? do abs every other day, even at home. get a medicine ball and sit with ur feel levitating and twist to each side to get obliques. there are numerous oblique and abs workouts. just google it
    Hardcore Supps for the Hardcore Trainer
    Use Discount Code AM20 To Save 20% At www.ironflexsupps.com

7. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.

What a difference adding weight to your crunches makes... I highly recommend decline crunches with extra weight. holding a 25 to 35 pound weight over the top of my head (not my face) while doing decline crunches is pretty great. Then, once I feel like I can't do any more, I put the weight on my chest and bang out some more.
  8. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  228 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by buuzer0 View Post
    What a difference adding weight to your crunches makes... I highly recommend decline crunches with extra weight. holding a 25 to 35 pound weight over the top of my head (not my face) while doing decline crunches is pretty great. Then, once I feel like I can't do any more, I put the weight on my chest and bang out some more.
    Weighted ab/lower back work is where its at, especially if you want to lift injury free on the big 3.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastRonin View Post
    Weighted ab/lower back work is where its at, especially if you want to lift injury free on the big 3.
    I'll keep this in mind. I just really started taking deadlift seriously, and started doing squats the way they're supposed to be done (below parallel) and I definitely don't want to get injured. I think my lower back needs the most work, so gonna start doing the lower back incline thing with weights more often.
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Deff train your abs with weight. You just have to make them bigger so their more apparent which shouldnt be a problem with your low bf %.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Anyone had any issues with
    By TheMouth in forum Supplements
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-25-2008, 03:06 PM
  2. Sit up issues, err i can sit up too much lol
    By ultra2extreme in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-20-2007, 06:38 PM
  3. New here & having some issues.
    By James Howlett in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 2