Curious

Bulldawg2010

Awards
Hello All I am new to this forum and relatively new to bodybuilding. I am about to be a true freshman in college and plan to try out for the football team at NAU. I am 6'2" 201 lbs. I am looking for a sound mass gaining workout program with the goal of weighing about 220 before i check in for camp in august. As i said i am still a greenhorn to this so if this is impossible please let me know. Any advice and or workout plans are greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Dillon

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
If you are new to body building or weight lifting more specifically (dont see how as your pretty big) you could make quite a bit of "noob" gains and possibly surpass your goal. If your training for mass you want to constantly confuse your muscles for maximum hypertrophy; meaning change up your workouts, rep range and lifting days constantly. Have at least 2 days of rest. Heres a big one, SQUAT, ALOT!!! That means go at least parallel. Stick to 6-10 rep range.. IMO.. Eat like a MAN... that means a surplus of calories; its ok to feel sick and bloated after a meal ;)... SLEEP is important try to get between 7-8 hours of sleep per night. Dont drink alcohol; you will be tempted to in college...

Bulldawg2010

Awards
Thank you very much, I am not new to weightlifting, Ive set my high school records in all max categories but squat. I just never have had a sound workout program if that makes sense...