Curious as to what your joint health protocols are

Wordz_Worf

Wordz_Worf

Awards
  • Established
I, like I am sure some of you on here, have some nagging injuries.

My biggest problems are my lower back (slight herniation and degeneration at L5-S1)and left knee which I hyper-extended last year and made worse.

The lower back was helped tremendously by core exercises and an inversion table, the knee I wear a brace on sometimes. The pain comes and goes.

I am curious what you guys have in your supplement regimen for joint health.

I take 2-3 grams cissus ( Primaforce)
2-3 grams MSM,
2 grams of vitamin C,
30 grams collagen powder spread out
I also recently started taking 2 grams of glucosamine again.

The cissus and collagen do help. Jury is out on MSM and glucosamine but they are so cheap, I figure its better to take them versus not.

How about you guys.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I've tried various things and honestly, I don't find anything useful. I get nothing at all out of collagen or glucosamine, at least nothing measurable. I find fish oil and cissus mildly helpful.

I did get a lot of relief out of injecting bpc 157 but I don't think your talking peptides when you say supplements.

If anyone has anything they think is worth trying that's supplemental I'd love to hear it as well

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Fish oils and lots of them.
Circumin.
Probiotic.

Tons of stretching daily.
Lots of stretching! Best thing I've found is throwing on my wrist straps with the hooks and just hanging from a bar. Opens up my shoulders and wrists a lot. Feels good on my lower back too

Em3

Awards
  • First Up Vote
The patented collagen, UC-II, I believe its called exactly. Does wonders for my shoulder pain.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Fish oils and lots of them.
Circumin.
Probiotic.

Tons of stretching daily.
This! I take orange triad by CL and then fish oil daily. I agree with a lot of stretching and warming up helps.

Darkhorse192

Darkhorse192

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Some things you can try other than what you have mentioned here are

Celadrin
Solgar No 7
DMSO (best for soft tissue not joint)
Wobenzym N
Boswellia

Poliquin Step Ups for the knee could be life-changing

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!

Celadrin
Solgar No 7
Wobenzym N
Boswellia

Other then dmso, I have never heard of any of those things. Typically I feel like I've heard of everything but those just completely had me scratching my head lol. Now I gotta go do some reading lol

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Since I'm repping for maresearchchems now I figure I'm gonna start stocking up on cjc dac and bpc 157 and use those 2 for a healing protocol. Both are very good at reducing inflammation and once I get that going il plug a link in here. Probably won't be till closer to may tho as I need to stock up on products to run the doses I'm thinking.

cbs49er

Awards
  • First Up Vote
SNS joint support xt and 2 grams of their powdered cissus xt have helped my shoulder a lot.

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I take UC-II (Swanson brand since it's on sale). I take double the suggested dose. I noticed a definite improvement in my joint pain.

Wordz_Worf

Wordz_Worf

Awards
  • Established
The patented collagen, UC-II, I believe its called exactly. Does wonders for my shoulder pain.
I need to read more about the different types of collagen. I know the powder I take is type 1 & 3.

Celadrin
Solgar No 7
Wobenzym N
Boswellia

Going to look into all these. I should do more knee exercises. I saw a PT and he gave me a print out to do.

Since I'm repping for maresearchchems now I figure I'm gonna start stocking up on cjc dac and bpc 157 and use those 2 for a healing protocol. Both are very good at reducing inflammation and once I get that going il plug a link in here. Probably won't be till closer to may tho as I need to stock up on products to run the doses I'm thinking.
Discount code? 😊😊😜

I take UC-II (Swanson brand since it's on sale). I take double the suggested dose. I noticed a definite improvement in my joint pain.
I love Swanson. May need to put in another order. Their deals make you just want to buy up a bunch of stuff.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I need to read more about the different types of collagen. I know the powder I take is type 1 & 3.

Going to look into all these. I should do more knee exercises. I saw a PT and he gave me a print out to do.

Discount code? 😊😊😜

I love Swanson. May need to put in another order. Their deals make you just want to buy up a bunch of stuff.
Lol, where are my manners 😂😂code - smont
Gets you 15% off orders

andrewski48

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My number one pick is Helios100 from apex alchemy. It has made by far the most noticeable difference in my joint pain.

Over the past few years I have slowly had to change the position my arms were in due to pain in my elbows and shoulders when sleeping. Years ago I started with my arms over my head and under my pillow. A few months ago I was sleeping with both arms by my side. Since using Helios, I have woken up most mornings with my arms above my head with no pain. Had I done that months ago even if sleeping I would've woken up shortly after due to numbness or pain in my arms.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
J-Flex9 by the lab
20+g collagen

I think preventing further decline is the best some people can expect. If your knees were slowly getting worse and worse and then you take something for six months with no further decline then IMO the product did work. Some of these things are very long-term and dose dependent. How many people have taken 30g collagen, 8g MSM, and 6g glucosamine for six months? Not many.

Wordz_Worf

Wordz_Worf

Awards
  • Established
J-Flex9 by the lab
20+g collagen

I think preventing further decline is the best some people can expect. If your knees were slowly getting worse and worse and then you take something for six months with no further decline then IMO the product did work. Some of these things are very long-term and dose dependent. How many people have taken 30g collagen, 8g MSM, and 6g glucosamine for six months? Not many.
I have been taking most of that stuff for years. I feel it may have helped my injuries not get any worse.

It will be interesting to get a new MRI and see how much more degenerated my L5-S1 disc is. Orthopedic doctor I saw says that is usually the first to go and most people will have degeneration at that level. A lot of people have it and have no pain. There is a genetic component to back pain it seems.

www.chirogeek.com is a great site for really digging into back pain and the science behind it.

I agree that preventing any further decline is the best move. I try to stretch, warm up, use my inversion table. stuff like that. Usage of an inversion table is shown to help prevent further spinal disc breakdown as it keeps the discs more hydrated and supple.

ironkill

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have been taking most of that stuff for years. I feel it may have helped my injuries not get any worse.

It will be interesting to get a new MRI and see how much more degenerated my L5-S1 disc is. Orthopedic doctor I saw says that is usually the first to go and most people will have degeneration at that level. A lot of people have it and have no pain. There is a genetic component to back pain it seems.

www.chirogeek.com is a great site for really digging into back pain and the science behind it.

I agree that preventing any further decline is the best move. I try to stretch, warm up, use my inversion table. stuff like that. Usage of an inversion table is shown to help prevent further spinal disc breakdown as it keeps the discs more hydrated and supple.
Gonna be honest, as someone with 3 herniated discs, it becomes a life sentence. best you can do is try to minimize pain and slippage. It’s miserable but can be worked around.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I, like I am sure some of you on here, have some nagging injuries.

My biggest problems are my lower back (slight herniation and degeneration at L5-S1)and left knee which I hyper-extended last year and made worse.

The lower back was helped tremendously by core exercises and an inversion table, the knee I wear a brace on sometimes. The pain comes and goes.

I am curious what you guys have in your supplement regimen for joint health.

I take 2-3 grams cissus ( Primaforce)
2-3 grams MSM,
2 grams of vitamin C,
30 grams collagen powder spread out
I also recently started taking 2 grams of glucosamine again.

The cissus and collagen do help. Jury is out on MSM and glucosamine but they are so cheap, I figure its better to take them versus not.

How about you guys.
Try orthogen. It has just about everything you described in this post and more.

Joint support xt and sns cissus xt good too.

I started playing rugby in 93 all the way til 2015, I’m 52. Either one of those 2 work great for me. Also been working out since I was 14.

Last edited:

tullius

Awards
I just take animal flex and fish oil mostly. Seems to do the trick and I notice my torn cartilage more when I don't take it but beyond that I dont think about it much.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Orthogen by Morphogen

2-3g Fishoil
Glucosamine

crpav

crpav

Awards
  • Established
Going to also recommend Orthogen. I am on my 3rd tub so 3 months of use and it's amazing. Flavors are both pretty good and mix easily.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Orthogen by Morphogen

2-3g Fishoil
Glucosamine
That is a great formula. Do you know if they plan to reformulate it? I notice it is OOS and the new Morphoprime has changed significantly with the new label and the formula.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
That is a great formula. Do you know if they plan to reformulate it? I notice it is OOS and the new Morphoprime has changed significantly with the new label and the formula.
Not certain. Would be a great question for their customer service.
I assume most products will have tweaks to them, as far as what they are, that I won't know as a consumer.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
don't forget the YouTube kneesovertoes. he has some of the best info regarding stretching and training to fix joints. hes not really a physical therapist though. for a real PT I like Squat University (on YT). they helped me figure out how to fix my hips

ironkill

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
No joint formula will help your back. Certain exercises and therapies will but supps wont do anything for the health of the intervertebral discs unfortunately.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Any recommendations for best fish oil products on the market?
My go to is Controlled Labs Orange Omega for fish oil. Can't beat it paired with Orange Triad in my opinion.

Darkhorse192

Darkhorse192

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Any recommendations for best fish oil products on the market?
Krill oil has been proven in the literature to be superior to regular fish oil, but is more expensive and less accessible. That said, Nordic naturals and Carlson are in the elite class of fish oil manufacturers. However, they are going to be much more expensive. Is the ROI worth the increased price? The jury is still out on that. I personally feel like the better quality is worth it, but 3-4x's the price? ehhh. Really hard to say. While quality is important, I think even more important is that you are getting an actual effective dose of EPA...3g daily.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Krill oil has been proven in the literature to be superior to regular fish oil, but is more expensive and less accessible. That said, Nordic naturals and Carlson are in the elite class of fish oil manufacturers. However, they are going to be much more expensive. Is the ROI worth the increased price? The jury is still out on that. I personally feel like the better quality is worth it, but 3-4x's the price? ehhh. Really hard to say. While quality is important, I think even more important is that you are getting an actual effective dose of EPA...3g daily.
Costco krill oil is good and USP certified