Big to Cut..

1. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.67%

Big to Cut..

So for the longest time i've tried just to get stronger, gain mass, and fill out my shirts. But, i've noticed that, even in my arms, i look big but there are no cuts or extreme definition. I am a very lean person and its not a fat problem.

current workout:

chest/tris

flat bench - 5x5
    incline bench - 5x5
    decline bench - 3x8

rope pulldowns - 4x8
    overhead db press- 3x8
    skullcrush - 4x15

I do alot with heavy weight obviously for my strength, then i'll continue to volumize the tri's. What types of changes should be made so that i can KEEP my strength, but get more cut and defined.

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  238 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.46%

Quote Originally Posted by Ju1cedUp View Post
    So for the longest time i've tried just to get stronger, gain mass, and fill out my shirts. But, i've noticed that, even in my arms, i look big but there are no cuts or extreme definition. I am a very lean person and its not a fat problem.

current workout:

chest/tris

flat bench - 5x5
    incline bench - 5x5
    decline bench - 3x8

rope pulldowns - 4x8
    overhead db press- 3x8
    skullcrush - 4x15

I do alot with heavy weight obviously for my strength, then i'll continue to volumize the tri's. What types of changes should be made so that i can KEEP my strength, but get more cut and defined.
    Diet for a change in bf % is your biggest change that you need to accomplish to see detail in your muscles.
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.67%

Quote Originally Posted by Blacktail View Post
    Diet for a change in bf % is your biggest change that you need to accomplish to see detail in your muscles.
    alright man, i think it may go alittle further than that though. I've been at 6% before, and i see guys more cut than me all the time at the gym.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  238 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.46%

alright man, i think it may go alittle further than that though. I've been at 6% before, and i see guys more cut than me all the time at the gym.
    How did you measure your bodyfat? I hope not with calipers. If lean and you have a very bulky look though, and your goal is to bring out individual muscles more, add some detail exercises and use slightly higher reps, with slow even control. Although I have never seen anyone with 6% bf who did not have excellent definition. Any pics?
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.67%

How did you measure your bodyfat? I hope not with calipers. If lean and you have a very bulky look though, and your goal is to bring out individual muscles more, add some detail exercises and use slightly higher reps, with slow even control. Although I have never seen anyone with 6% bf who did not have excellent definition. Any pics?

that was a month after my cut down to 6%, wasn't bulking yet. not the best picture for ya, but what i have at the moment. I just have hardly any veins, i have tons of muscle in my arms but you can't see the horseshoe in the tricep or any type of cut in the biceps. Its just.. mass.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.88%

Not sure how old you are, but it could have something to do with muscle maturity. Sometimes, also, genetics are a bitch! I don't like to limit people like that, but it could also contribute.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  238 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.46%

that was a month after my cut down to 6%, wasn't bulking yet. not the best picture for ya, but what i have at the moment. I just have hardly any veins, i have tons of muscle in my arms but you can't see the horseshoe in the tricep or any type of cut in the biceps. Its just.. mass.
    Hmm you look more like 10-12% to me in that pic. Not sure if you have read this thread before http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=214711
    but it gives you a good idea of what you would look like. You have a small waist which makes you look more cut than you are. The muscle maturity comment is accurate to a point but most of the time if you want to see more of the striations you must build large muscles and have low bf% period.
  8. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.67%

Hmm you look more like 10-12% to me in that pic. Not sure if you have read this thread before http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=214711
    but it gives you a good idea of what you would look like. You have a small waist which makes you look more cut than you are. The muscle maturity comment is accurate to a point but most of the time if you want to see more of the striations you must build large muscles and have low bf% period.
    yea that was a bad picture cuz i was bending over, my stomach looks fat haha.