right bicep pain on and off

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
I havn't worked out in awhile and my right bicep keeps hurting. It's been hurting on and off for few weeks. Is there anything I can do to help?

nilebo2

Awards
Try getting a strap for your forearm. I had something similar happen to me that developed into tennis elbow. It sounds as if you are re-aggravating a tendon near your bicep. If the problem persists, you may need to back off on all bicep work or ice it when you do.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
Try getting a strap for your forearm. I had something similar happen to me that developed into tennis elbow. It sounds as if you are re-aggravating a tendon near your bicep. If the problem persists, you may need to back off on all bicep work or ice it when you do.
Well I'm haven't been doing any work at all and I have gotten pain around my elbow as well. Sometimes my right tricep will hurt. I have been wearing wrist braces a lot recently. IDK if that could be a reason why I have this pain. When I have m brace on and I'm at the computer chair, it feels like it increases the should discomfort sometimes.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I havn't worked out in awhile and my right bicep keeps hurting. It's been hurting on and off for few weeks. Is there anything I can do to help?
It's possible that you have aggravated your biceps tendon; I have this, and the pain can be a b*tch even at the best of times. You can't do much but try not to do exercises that will aggravate it further. Icing perhaps, when the pain gets bad. Otherwise all about pain management.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
It's possible that you have aggravated your biceps tendon; I have this, and the pain can be a b*tch even at the best of times. You can't do much but try not to do exercises that will aggravate it further. Icing perhaps, when the pain gets bad. Otherwise all about pain management.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT
How long does this kind of thing usually last. I mean it's not like this will set me back a lot, since I still have to wait for my knee, shoulder and wrists to heal. It seems I just keep getting hurt.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How long does this kind of thing usually last. I mean it's not like this will set me back a lot, since I still have to wait for my knee, shoulder and wrists to heal. It seems I just keep getting hurt.
Depends whether or not there are any other issues with the tendon; it can continue indefinitely, or it could heal if you don't do anything to aggravate it. Sometimes you've just got to push through the pain and do what you can with how you feel.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
Depends whether or not there are any other issues with the tendon; it can continue indefinitely, or it could heal if you don't do anything to aggravate it. Sometimes you've just got to push through the pain and do what you can with how you feel.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT
Well hopefully it'll go away. The pain is far less then it was two weeks ago.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
From what I was reading I think I have Biceps Tendinitis. My right shoulder was hurt a lot at the front and on the top as well as the side. Is it better to ice the area or use a heating bad?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
From what I was reading I think I have Biceps Tendinitis. My right shoulder was hurt a lot at the front and on the top as well as the side. Is it better to ice the area or use a heating bad?
Ice it.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

jim623

I have a similar situation only it's in my forearm doing reverse grip curls. It's been a almost a year, it doesn't go away. Biofreeze will sometimes help get me through an arms day. Try some cissus.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
I have a similar situation only it's in my forearm doing reverse grip curls. It's been a almost a year, it doesn't go away. Biofreeze will sometimes help get me through an arms day. Try some cissus.
Well for me my shoulder pain is going away, but I still have a moderate amount of bicep pain. Also I am taking cissus. The good news is my knee pain is almost gone

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
You would benefit from adding soft-tissue work like active release, deep tissue massage, etc. It won't be pleasant (the biceps tendon is a tender area) but is worth the extra pain for it's healing benefits.

As far as supplements go, wobenzym is good and is fairly inexpensive.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
You would benefit from adding soft-tissue work like active release, deep tissue massage, etc. It won't be pleasant (the biceps tendon is a tender area) but is worth the extra pain for it's healing benefits.

As far as supplements go, wobenzym is good and is fairly inexpensive.
What do you mean soft tissue work?

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
Is it okay to do shoulder stretches if I have bicep tendinitis?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
A massage (NOT deep-tissue).

Yes. Flexibility exercises should be an important part of your rehabilitation.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT
could I give myself this massage?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
could I give myself this massage?
If you know what you're doing (it's generally better to have someone else do it, though).

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
Today my arm feels really weak. No pain though. I can't get anyone to massage my arm, but me. Insurance doesn't cover things like massages or chiropractors

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
A massage (NOT deep-tissue).
I'm curious as to why you you are opposed to deep-tissue work. While stateside, ART kept me relatively pain free.

Recently, the tendonitis in mt brachialis flared-up. Within two treatents of tuina (chinese deep tissue massage)

Today my arm feels really weak. No pain though. I can't get anyone to massage my arm, but me. Insurance doesn't cover things like massages or chiropractors
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qfm5gchms4M"]YouTube- Upper Arm Massage: Do It While You View It[/ame]

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm curious as to why you you are opposed to deep-tissue work. While stateside, ART kept me relatively pain free.
I am NOT opposed to deep tissue massage (please do not assume); it has its place in an athlete's regime. However, it often takes quite a few weeks to go that deep, and sometimes it can actually make a situation worse and it is generally pretty painful (i.e. there are different types of massage for a reason and you need to choose the appropriate one for each situation).

~Rosie
Team APPNUT