Deadlift Injury!

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by rush808 View Post
    When I had ran into a back injury, it took me 2 and a half months. it sucked i remember sitting at lunch with coworkers laughed at a joke then couldn't even get up off my seat for a good 5 mins. Doc said it was a small muscle somewhere in my mid center of my back which is easy to pull, and gave me some flexrill (sp?).
    I believe it is the rhomboid. I tore my right side rhomboid years ago. I started going to a chiro this past summer due to a break in my toe which changed my walk. In doing the xrays etc... found an old break in my back as well.
    Mr. Supps Board Rep

2. Quote Originally Posted by Nolanaf67 View Post
    I just notice it more when I am sitting down then stand up. More painful to straighten my body out after sitting. But like I said it is much better than yesterday. I am hopeful that it is only just a strain. I will find out soon enough though lol.
    Sounds just like my symptoms, and I have a L5-S1 herniated disc that has been haunting me for almost two years on and off now. I ignored all the symptoms in the begining because I thought it was a strain and it only got worse. I really think you should get it checked out man, and can get very painful. Does your lower back and glutes get really tight? If so that leads me to believe the sciatic nerve is fired up. Look up the Mckenzy stretches they will really help you relieve the stickness in your back.
    •   

3. I just injured myself the EXACT same way with regards to the symptoms. I got some flexeril, and vicoden from the doc. Tore a ligament in my lower back. Doc said 7-10 days to heal... wait a couple weeks before resuming full fledged. its been about 4 days now and the pain all but gone at the moment and things are looking up. I will resume at least cardio tomorrow.
    The Historic PES Legend

4. Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    I believe it is the rhomboid. I tore my right side rhomboid years ago. I started going to a chiro this past summer due to a break in my toe which changed my walk. In doing the xrays etc... found an old break in my back as well.
    yeah believe it was a strained rhomboid the smaller lower portion, hasn't bothered me since.

OP, did u figure out what it was 4 u?

5. ..could be a pinched nerve,..... I have felt similar pain plenty of times doing Deads in the past, which puts me on the ground and I am fine after the w/o, and the next day. I have contributed it to horrible form back in the HS days using a hex bar for deads. There is no popping, or extreme pain, but more a sharp quick pain that surprises the hell out of you,... similar to having cramped hamstring and having to stretch the leg out immediately. So I would think it is a pinched nerve, or a strain as others have stated.
    •   

6. Quick update. It was feeling better so I went for a run the other day and had a really good tri workout. It is really stiff and the pain moved from a centered area to my right side. Hurts to bend over and what not. Going to make an appointment with doc ASAP.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. A Little Old to be deadlifting...! Healing a injury
    By Diesel4874 in forum 35 and Older
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-26-2015, 04:23 PM
  2. Lower Back Injury from deadlift
    By iddc in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-03-2014, 11:40 PM
  3. Deadlifting injury
    By swan1209 in forum Training Forum