Holy sh*t, P90X just beat my ass.

henryhavoc

Awards
Wow guys. I just did the "Ab Ripper X" routine, and it's like 300+ total reps. I couldn't keep up! My entire core is burning.

Anyone else try this out? I'm not using the cardio bit because I'm trying to bulk, but this program is actually really intense. I'm going to burn it all to DVDs tomorrow and start doing this on days that I don't hit the gym.

Jay Edit: We're not providing links or advocating the stealing of people's property. If you're getting results from it then BUY it!

xink

Awards
  • Established
I hope you slipped on some PeerGuardian Protection prior to downloading! ;)

Note to anyone new to Torrents, they're great but be safe by using PG!

Back to P90X...

I saw a vid on it and the entire routine looked pretty sick, I was thinking of giving it a try this week, how long did the entire thing take? How often is it recommended a week?

henryhavoc

Awards
The routines are really crazy. I skip out on the cardio bit because I'm in the middle of a bulk, but I still can't even keep up! It's a lot of fun too, I was impressed.

The workouts are great - the bigger ones like chest and back take around an hour to do, but that includes warm up, stretching, water breaks, etc.

sentinelxs

Awards
dude i've been doin it for about 3 weeks now and im getting some major results. that ab ripper x is a killer though

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Anyone got some real before an afters? I dont care to see what their website wants to show us.

shortstop1616

Awards
I've been doing the P90X in the morning and I also do these crunch time workouts during my lunch. After 2 weeks a friend of mine didn't even recognize me.

I think I got some pictures... I gotta find em and post em

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
A buddy of mine, age 46, threw out his hip a couple of weeks ago doing P90X. Now his son and I intentionally hum Shakira's "Hips Don't Lie" around him.

smallguy28

Awards
Glad for this post. I work overnights and every channel on cable is running the add for it. I wanted to order it but last time i order something (body by jake Ab sissor), it sucked big time! i might give this a try. Ill try the torrent DL first lol but shhh!

REEVESDIESEL

REEVESDIESEL

Awards
  • Established
My gf burned P90X for me to try out. I haven't yet but looking forward to a hard-intense workout! I hear great things about it. I'll use it as a finisher.

Also, FYI, if you want a intense killer workout that will get you in shape QUICK. Try Matt Furey's Hindu workout consisting of Hindu squats, Hindu pushups and bridgeing. There's many varations with the pushups and squats. **** is TUFF and will kick your ass for sure! I believe you can buy it for less than $100

warsteiner

Awards
  • Established
I've started replacing my gym ab work with Ab Ripper X this week. So far I've done the workout twice after my normal gym workout and it has really shown me how poor my ab/core development is. My lower ab strength really sucks :(

I going to stick with the Ab Ripper X once or twice a week from now on instead of my normal gym ab routine.

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
P90X is the real deal... well, at least one of several programs that really work.

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
This guy henry havoc said he would send me the link to P90X videos about 2 weeks ago and hasnt sent me it........

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
P90x Ab Ripper is killer and I also like the Kenpo X routine for a cardio replacement. Those are the only 2 I have attempted so far.

waynaferd

waynaferd

Awards
  • Established
This guy henry havoc said he would send me the link to P90X videos about 2 weeks ago and hasnt sent me it........
It's like source posting....just google torrents, and download a "downloader" to get movies, music, etc.

For example, I just downloaded District 9 but in russian. I downloaded the english audio seperatley, and just hafta get them to play together :D I'll F with it later.

And find a site that has comments and thanks.....the more thanks the better the quailty. New in theater movies are usually cam, older ones DVDRip.

And I've tried the P90X stretching, for an hour, then figured if I have an hour for P90X I have an hour for lifting :D

enswalters

Awards
Try the P90X Core Plus routine instead of just doing the Ab ripper routine. It's 20 minutes but focuses more on the entire core instead of just abs.

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
The chest and back is killer i couldnt get to do Pylometrics today so im doubling tommorow Pylo in morning Shoulders arms night gonna be hell cause i heard pylo the hardest : ( : ( : (

jimmbow

jimmbow

Awards
I started this last Monday, and when I went to weigh in on Thur. I lost 4 pounds :D . I'm sure its mostly water but, I also lost about an inch of my waist. Pylometrics was the one thing I couldnt do all the way through, its such a killer! Ab Ripper X as well! But this week I'm(trying) to start with cardio in the AM, most likely around 4 before I get ready for work, then the muscle routines in the evening. I'm hoping I can get through most of Pylo this week!

I just did the Kenpo(err....I think thats what tis called) last night, man its so fun!

warsteiner

Awards
  • Established
Good luck with the P90X jimmbow and keep us updated on your progress.

I'm starting to incorporate more and more of P90X into my workout now so may do the actual program at some point in the future.

C6rider

Awards
I've been on P90x for 8 weeks now and im starting my final 5 week phase tomorrow. I've worked out for years but for the last 3 1/2 years i've done nothing. So after being completely out of shape and ready to finally get back in to shape I figured I would give this P90x a shot. I started out at 220lbs and this morning I weighed 203lbs. The work outs are brutal but on of the hardest things is the diet. Like I said I have worked out for years but nothing has given me results like this so fast after taking time off. Once I finish this round in 5 weeks im gonna take a week off and then start over, and after that im going to go back to the weight lifting but I will definitley be mixing it up with the P90x vids. No bs this stuff is for real you just gotta try it to believe it.

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
Im sorry, but if P90X kicks your ass, youve never done hard training in your life.

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
Im sorry, but if P90X kicks your ass, youve never done hard training in your life.
I strongly disagree, strongly. Explain to me how a traditonal bodybuilding routine is more tiring then P90X unless your doing no rest and a crap load of weight i dont see how P90X doesnt kick your ass please inform me. Just because its a DVD set as seen on TV! so it cant work because its on TV! Well im sorry but P90X can kick anyones ass if you go hard enough sure you can dog it and be like oh thats easy but if you push yourself, tell me who wouldnt get beat doing Pushups,Pullups etc for 45 min straight with minimal rest????? Im sorry i disagree with that statement. Id like to see your views why since it kicks our ass we have never done hard training in our lives please humor me.

C6rider

Awards
Like I said i've been in the gym for years on and off and unless you've tried this then you dont know what your talking about. In the gym guys do a set and then take a little break, pace around get some water and then do another set. This is non stop pretty much pushing yourself to the limit exercise after exercise.

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
Granted there are people that work themselves to the brink of exaustion traditional styles but that doesnt mean P90X doesnt work i shouldnt of made it a comparison. But it works straight up and i guess it doesnt matter what people say as long as it works for you, its weird that people are different and react different to different workouts so keep that in mind -.-

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
It is what it is-I was a little skeptical at first, then I tried some of it, even for the accomplished 'athlete'-its about what you put into it. Maximal effort with 100% intensity will yield some decent results. I like the kempo, plyometrics and chest/back routines from the series as well, and will be incorporating these into my regular week.

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
It is what it is-I was a little skeptical at first, then I tried some of it, even for the accomplished 'athlete'-its about what you put into it. Maximal effort with 100% intensity will yield some decent results. I like the kempo, plyometrics and chest/back routines from the series as well, and will be incorporating these into my regular week.
I agree i dont care as much for shoulders and arms but chest and bakc is very good kenpo-x is solid and so is pylometrics i mean its a different style then that of traditional bodybuilding which isnt meant for everyone.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am on week 7 now and I def like it. I would say I was in pretty bad shape starting out so it kicked my butt good. I wouldn't compare it to a great wrestling practice but a workout that only lasts 50 mins its great.

It is more about how hard u try and push urself. U can't cut urself short and expect results.

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
I am in the escrow process of purchasing a house. I should have the keys in about 3 weeks and will be leaving my current gym. Do you think P90X will keep me in half the shape I am currently in? Assuming I may loose alot of size?

jimmbow

jimmbow

Awards
I am in the escrow process of purchasing a house. I should have the keys in about 3 weeks and will be leaving my current gym. Do you think P90X will keep me in half the shape I am currently in? Assuming I may loose alot of size?
Yeah dont expect it to keep your size. However if you do buy a set of weights for the program, you can do other lifting stuff to supplement that ;)

It depends on what you mean by size, you wont be big, but you will be lean.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It will keep/get u in shape. U shouldn't lose too much size unless u cut calories drastically.

But I would NEVER suggest someone do P90X if they are on a bulk and trying to add size.

OutWorkU

Awards
I see p90x as one of those things you can use to take a "break" from the deadlifts, heavy squats etc. Maybe to give your CNS a break. Or, use it simply to lean out. It really depends on how big you currently are. If you're Branch Warren, don't expect to stay that way on P90x. It's like anything else though. Follow the diet (the hardest part) and you will lean out, pretty much regardless of the exercise program.

Personally, I'm going to do p90x sometime around February of '10. I'll finish up right around spring and be fairly lean but also fairly weak. It's just going to be a break from my normal routine. Before and after, I'll be flipping tires, squatting heavy and pullin' big (lol, me and my 265 dead lift :laugh2:).

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
I see p90x as one of those things you can use to take a "break" from the deadlifts, heavy squats etc. Maybe to give your CNS a break. Or, use it simply to lean out. It really depends on how big you currently are. If you're Branch Warren, don't expect to stay that way on P90x. It's like anything else though. Follow the diet (the hardest part) and you will lean out, pretty much regardless of the exercise program.

Personally, I'm going to do p90x sometime around February of '10. I'll finish up right around spring and be fairly lean but also fairly weak. It's just going to be a break from my normal routine. Before and after, I'll be flipping tires, squatting heavy and pullin' big (lol, me and my 265 dead lift :laugh2:).
Thats a sensible way of looking at it. Im sure nobody here who is a fan of the p90 is claiming that it will replace hardcore weight training, but I think the general consensus seems to be that the program itself definitely has some redeeming qualities, and for the most, seems to be something that can be incorporated into an already established training routine, but definitely not on a bulking type diet or training program.

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
Thats a bold statement......
Not really.

I strongly disagree, strongly. Explain to me how a traditonal bodybuilding routine is more tiring then P90X unless your doing no rest and a crap load of weight i dont see how P90X doesnt kick your ass please inform me. Just because its a DVD set as seen on TV! so it cant work because its on TV! Well im sorry but P90X can kick anyones ass if you go hard enough sure you can dog it and be like oh thats easy but if you push yourself, tell me who wouldnt get beat doing Pushups,Pullups etc for 45 min straight with minimal rest????? Im sorry i disagree with that statement. Id like to see your views why since it kicks our ass we have never done hard training in our lives please humor me.
I guess Ive just trained harder. I played football, gone through military schools, boxed competitively, and now train in whats basically bodybuilding. Boxing drop kicks P90X in the nuts outright. Its not even close.

Like I said i've been in the gym for years on and off and unless you've tried this then you dont know what your talking about. In the gym guys do a set and then take a little break, pace around get some water and then do another set. This is non stop pretty much pushing yourself to the limit exercise after exercise.
Being in the gym on and off? Oh ****. You still think in terms of strictly weight lifting.

Broadway

Broadway

Awards
TexasTitan...have you actually done a whole P90X routine? Just the basic...not even the doubles?

jcp2

Awards
  • Established
I have been ignoring this thread for a while. So this is a program you get on an infomercial, huh? And you guys post on what is basically a bodybuilding/strength training website. I can do a set of 100 deadlifts, and i will puke, and possibly crap on myself. And what have i done in terms of gains, not much. I guess if your goal is to look like the guy who teaches the stepper class, this is for you. If your goal is to get big and strong, this is probalby not for you. If you want to do some conditioning on top of lifting, get some kettlebell challenge videos, and supplement your training.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It is a little more than cardio. There are actual weight lifting days. It is a change of pace. I am using this as a way to cut and increase my conditioning.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Excellent.
They are basically circuit routines with supersets. They hit major muscle groups and sometimes pair them with smaller muscles.

3 times a week isnt going to make great strength improvements but it will help burns some extra fat. Plus I cant complain about being able to do 22 chin ups.

jcp2

Awards
  • Established
It is a little more than cardio. There are actual weight lifting days. It is a change of pace. I am using this as a way to cut and increase my conditioning.

In all seriousness, i have no problem with anyone doing whatever it is they want to do. But two guys on this thread who are pumping up this "program" are 6"2 and 6"3 and under 200lbs. Not exactly what most people are trying to achieve on this message board. Now I am sure their are some fighters and other who are extremely thin, but that is not the norm. their are countless ways to "get in shape" that are not from infomercials, and they can be incorporated as part of an efficient hypertrophy or strength plan. When it comes time for me to train to look like everyone else when i am clothed, it is time to die.

And one more thing, don't get your panties in a bunch if i mentioned you, for all i know you guys started training at 150, but i was told to emulate guys who are where i want to be. And i think that goes for most people.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In all seriousness, i have no problem with anyone doing whatever it is they want to do. But two guys on this thread who are pumping up this "program" are 6"2 and 6"3 and under 200lbs. Not exactly what most people are trying to achieve on this message board. Now I am sure their are some fighters and other who are extremely thin, but that is not the norm. their are countless ways to "get in shape" that are not from infomercials, and they can be incorporated as part of an efficient hypertrophy or strength plan. When it comes time for me to train to look like everyone else when i am clothed, it is time to die.

And one more thing, don't get your panties in a bunch if i mentioned you, for all i know you guys started training at 150, but i was told to emulate guys who are where i want to be. And i think that goes for most people.
I am doing it because it is at home and quick. With going to school it is hard to go to a fitness center I cant stand. Especially when it gets packed. I am 5'6/7" 200lbs. I am not every1s ideal build but it is a work in progress and P90X is just another step. It will help me move in the right direction so I can be in shape to help coach/wrestle. It is about making changes and seeing what works for each person. Trust me I am chomping at the bit to get back in the gym and do some DC training. I base my training on what I want at that particular time in my life. Come wrestling season I will probably do full body 3 times a week just to maintain. Then DC to blow back up.

jcp2

Awards
  • Established
I wasn't using you as an example, and getting in shape for wrestling is not what most are on here trying to improve. i also think people are better off reading and learning and experimenting than trying out an infomercial workout, especially the younger guys. thier is so much info out now, as opposed to when i was young, i am jealous.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I wasn't using you as an example, and getting in shape for wrestling is not what most are on here trying to improve. i also think people are better off reading and learning and experimenting than trying out an infomercial workout, especially the younger guys. thier is so much info out now, as opposed to when i was young, i am jealous.
Ok just making sure. Ya not likely. I am going for a big change too. 215 to 190. And by the end of the seaon try and be 180 so I can have a solid bulk. Ya it is just the easy way out. I have found a few different things on the internet I have liked. Lol well atleast u still have time to use it.

Anthony23

Awards
Nothing replaces a gym and the atmosphere you get when your at a gym you know? I actually have P90 and honestly It was way to much for me. The Yoga sucks I mean half the stuff they do in there is damn near impossible for me to do. I didn't really like it cause I don't have the money to buy dumbells to up in weight every time cause just 25lb DBs are light for me. I personally rather hit the gym up and do my cardio on a trac kand field. It may work for some and may not work for others.

doggzj

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
During a Pro Bowl interview last year, Ray Lewis mentioned that he used P90x in the off season to get in the best shape of his life. He's one person who's word I'd believe.

plenny

plenny

Awards
  • Established
i've started cutting back in may, doing what i always do. by the first week of july i was where i wanted to be. So i went off my cut halfway through july and by end of august i lost some definition. I was bummed out. An old buddy of mine, whom i didnt see for awhile was about 5% bf (he was about 15-16%) last i saw him. He did p90x and followed the diet somewhat. So to get back to where i was 2 months ago, i tried it just last week..and i NEVER thought i would be sore from 25lb dumbells until now. The ab workout is tough as well as the plyometrics...after 7 days i feel alot more tighter and definately more vascular....i am stoked...im going to do the whole 90 days now

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established

I realize your talking about me, so the general concenious is that at around 6'2-6'3 a optimal weight for bodybuilding is around 230-240lbs thats cool im not a bodybuilder. Just because this thread is on a bodybuilding website doesnt mean its for BODYBUILDING. Not everyone on here is looking to compete some just looking to get in shape and for some people like me that means being the lowest bodyfat with strength. While most people are coming in here bashing this product are only doing it because it doesnt fit into traditional bodybuilding. NOWHERE did we say it does its absurd to hear people bashing it because a 6'3 guy at 190 lbs is promoting it when you dont even know the person. Im not gonna go to indepth i could go on for hours if you wanted but why argue over something thats as pointless as a BODYBUILDER vs ATHLETE. If it wasnt clear thats where my stance was at begining that im doing this as an athelete you guys are just so quick to start a fight and bash P90X because its an informercial you didnt pick that up.

So congrats on being 6'3 255 pounds and have 60 lbs on me cool congrats but where did i ever say i wanted to be like that?

OutWorkU

Awards
Ultimately, this argument can be boiled down to GOALS. what is it that you want to accomplish/achieve?

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I realize your talking about me, so the general concenious is that at around 6'2-6'3 a optimal weight for bodybuilding is around 230-240lbs thats cool im not a bodybuilder. Just because this thread is on a bodybuilding website doesnt mean its for BODYBUILDING. Not everyone on here is looking to compete some just looking to get in shape and for some people like me that means being the lowest bodyfat with strength. While most people are coming in here bashing this product are only doing it because it doesnt fit into traditional bodybuilding. NOWHERE did we say it does its absurd to hear people bashing it because a 6'3 guy at 190 lbs is promoting it when you dont even know the person. Im not gonna go to indepth i could go on for hours if you wanted but why argue over something thats as pointless as a BODYBUILDER vs ATHLETE. If it wasnt clear thats where my stance was at begining that im doing this as an athelete you guys are just so quick to start a fight and bash P90X because its an informercial you didnt pick that up.

So congrats on being 6'3 255 pounds and have 60 lbs on me cool congrats but where did i ever say i wanted to be like that?
I agree. I been there at 240/6'1... now my goals are all different and going for more sport oriented fitness... so meaning leaner/ more functional build. My goals corrospond perfectly with plyometrics.

wingzors

Awards
P 90x really isn't for bulking is more of getting lean or cutting. The workout are more so directed toward being athletic, lean or cutting not so much the size of the muscle.