I, Bodybuilder and the CNS

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
TMUSCLE.com | I, BODYBUILDER: Radical Strategy for Radical Hypertrophy

At first, I was rolling my eyes since every program/diet/etc they come up with "REVOLUTIONIZES EVERYTHING FOREVER" but there was one thing that was said in the video and in the article that made me pull my head back upright from the intense eye rolling and it was when the dirty Canadian said,

"The nervous system is the boss. It is the future of bodybuilding."

Now, this is something that really caught my interest. Will this new program center around manipulating it? Because if so, Im very very interested. Anyone else?

1meand

Awards
The whole program only works if you use their new product Anaconda. Ha Ha
I was interested in what they were saying until I realized the whole article was an ad for a new super supplement that cost a fortune to make, but they are willing to sell it to us for cost, because it is that awesome. Why does most of the stuff they sell always cost more than anybody else's when I know first hand that it isn't any better and sometimes worse? I'm not hatin, I've gotten a lot of good info from that site. I just couldn't believe it when I read through that whole article to find out it was an ad.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What a steaming pile.

A lifter at my gym has a bottle of Anaconda that he brought in for me to look at. $90 in cost, my left testicle.

There was ONE unique ingredient in it - which appears to be an alternate form of creatine - and the rest was pretty standard stuff. Decent formula, but not "every ingredient custom made!!111lulzbuyit90bucks!!"

Biotest has been overcharging for years.

and the "we'll get into the science in a bit - but first HERE's THE LOGS BRO" seems to have consumed so much of the article that they never really get around to it.

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
What a steaming pile.

A lifter at my gym has a bottle of Anaconda that he brought in for me to look at. $90 in cost, my left testicle.

There was ONE unique ingredient in it - which appears to be an alternate form of creatine - and the rest was pretty standard stuff. Decent formula, but not "every ingredient custom made!!111lulzbuyit90bucks!!"

Biotest has been overcharging for years.

and the "we'll get into the science in a bit - but first HERE's THE LOGS BRO" seems to have consumed so much of the article that they never really get around to it.
yeah i agree some of there stuff is pretty good but for the most part over price and over hyped.

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
TMUSCLE.com | I, BODYBUILDER: Radical Strategy for Radical Hypertrophy

At first, I was rolling my eyes since every program/diet/etc they come up with "REVOLUTIONIZES EVERYTHING FOREVER" but there was one thing that was said in the video and in the article that made me pull my head back upright from the intense eye rolling and it was when the dirty Canadian said,

"The nervous system is the boss. It is the future of bodybuilding."

Now, this is something that really caught my interest. Will this new program center around manipulating it? Because if so, Im very very interested. Anyone else?
LOL

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
Well yeah, I dont think anyone expect Anaconda to anything crazy/new, but mostly I made this to talk about the Central Nervous System and lifting. How to manipulate it for our benefit it, understand it better, etc. I wont pretend to know much about it, but I mean, I think we all know how good it feels to take like a week off from the gym and come back and hit it hard, is it truely because of muscle fatigue and recovery or is it the CNS recovering.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well yeah, I dont think anyone expect Anaconda to anything crazy/new, but mostly I made this to talk about the Central Nervous System and lifting. How to manipulate it for our benefit it, understand it better, etc. I wont pretend to know much about it, but I mean, I think we all know how good it feels to take like a week off from the gym and come back and hit it hard, is it truely because of muscle fatigue and recovery or is it the CNS recovering.
Likely both - depends on how you train.

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
Likely both - depends on how you train.
Well I mean, Im sure both are a factor, but for example, coming from boxing and having done no weight training for months, I felt amazing every day and like I could lift the world and put on about 20-30lbs in a month of just eating like a monster and lifting heavy stuff. Granted, my recovery rate and body was trained to a sensational point through boxing, I mean, my pulse was high 30s, but yeah. Not sure how it all ties together. I mean, could doing intense cardio one week and then lifting really heavy the next lead to more staying muscle and great mass gains? I think we get bogged down while bulking in a sense...Was it the CNS's state that gave me those gains? Being fresh in the weight room again? I dont know. Sigh, time to google...

I mean, Im progressing nicely but I wonder if there is a way to really keep the CNS fresh everyday...

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Well I mean, Im sure both are a factor, but for example, coming from boxing and having done no weight training for months, I felt amazing every day and like I could lift the world and put on about 20-30lbs in a month of just eating like a monster and lifting heavy stuff. Granted, my recovery rate and body was trained to a sensational point through boxing, I mean, my pulse was high 30s, but yeah. Not sure how it all ties together. I mean, could doing intense cardio one week and then lifting really heavy the next lead to more staying muscle and great mass gains? I think we get bogged down while bulking in a sense...Was it the CNS's state that gave me those gains? Being fresh in the weight room again? I dont know. Sigh, time to google...

I mean, Im progressing nicely but I wonder if there is a way to really keep the CNS fresh everyday...
The only way I have found, when lifting heavy; is to either not lift heavy, (lol), roids (not wantign to do any) or some sort of GH manipulation (currently clc/ghrp-6)

CNS burnout has quickly become my number one competitor these past 2 years. I think the older I get the more I feel hungover in the head after really intense workouts

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Anaconda lol, I thought this was going to be some super workout routine thing..

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Apart from their new product, what else was new about this program? The ruling principle behind their lifting style is just yet another high intensity program, not unlike DC or Mike Mentzer's HIT.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
REEVESDIESEL

REEVESDIESEL

Awards
  • Established
The whole program only works if you use their new product Anaconda. Ha Ha
I was interested in what they were saying until I realized the whole article was an ad for a new super supplement that cost a fortune to make, but they are willing to sell it to us for cost, because it is that awesome. Why does most of the stuff they sell always cost more than anybody else's when I know first hand that it isn't any better and sometimes worse? I'm not hatin, I've gotten a lot of good info from that site. I just couldn't believe it when I read through that whole article to find out it was an ad.
It's just not the Anaconda, though, that is the main one from what I've heard. But it's the timing of Surge, and all their other products. Timing, insulin, and all that stuff. I'm sure they'll throw in the Fini Bars somewhere as well! Ha! It's goin to be around $250 + a month for all the supps. It's pretty wild. But can't wait to see how Nate Green and the others do with it. It's exciting for sure. It's the new Arthur Jones/Casy V. expeirment. What will make a huge difference is they'll have nothing but time on their hands to take naps, sleep 10+hrs. a night, Christian T. pushing the hell out of them plus the top notch supps. So they should make some outstanding gains.

Nate also has said Tim Patterson has a mansion for them and I'm sure they'll have a chef as well.

But for sure I can't to see how it goes. I like T-Nation / Biotest products, but they have hyped this ALOT along with Anaconda bs for over 2 yrs. now.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's just not the Anaconda, though, that is the main one from what I've heard. But it's the timing of Surge, and all their other products. Timing, insulin, and all that stuff. I'm sure they'll throw in the Fini Bars somewhere as well! Ha! It's goin to be around $250 + a month for all the supps. It's pretty wild. But can't wait to see how Nate Green and the others do with it. It's exciting for sure. It's the new Arthur Jones/Casy V. expeirment. What will make a huge difference is they'll have nothing but time on their hands to take naps, sleep 10+hrs. a night, Christian T. pushing the hell out of them plus the top notch supps. So they should make some outstanding gains.

Nate also has said Tim Patterson has a mansion for them and I'm sure they'll have a chef as well.

But for sure I can't to see how it goes. I like T-Nation / Biotest products, but they have hyped this ALOT along with Anaconda bs for over 2 yrs. now.
I like Biotest as well and I've used their products in the past with a positive experience. However, this over-hyped video promotion reminds me of "The Strap."

REEVESDIESEL

REEVESDIESEL

Awards
  • Established
I like Biotest as well and I've used their products in the past with a positive experience. However, this over-hyped video promotion reminds me of "The Strap."
:laugh2: First I was like...hmmmm the strap? Then it hit me! I remember that crap, Fizogen or whatever that comany is. I use their Power Drive and Spike Tabs, but that's it, everything else is too expensive.

What will make this I, Bodybuilder fail? If these guy only gain 10 lbs. or so? Because they're saying BIG gains will come from it. V E R Y interesting indeed!

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
Regardless of the products used, we can duplicate the science without buying overhyped ****. Instead of focusing on Anaconda, I really wanted to figure how we can manage the nervous system and still go balls out.

REEVESDIESEL

REEVESDIESEL

Awards
  • Established
Regardless of the products used, we can duplicate the science without buying overhyped ****. Instead of focusing on Anaconda, I really wanted to figure how we can manage the nervous system and still go balls out.
Amen to this above! I'll be using my Diesel products.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know what you're saying, and truth be told, I was perfectly willing to continue reading even after I realized the fueling motive was a new supplement. However, this whole idea of dialing with the CNS has been thought about since the 70's, it's not new or revolutionary. I'm not dumping on you, so I hope I don't sound like I'm being a douche toward you, but I think this is just the first time you've personally read anything so CNS emphasized, but I'll tell ya, it's an old idea.

I'm really not trying to come off like a ****, so I apologize if I did or am, but I'm just say'n, awareness of the role of the CNS is in my opinion, common knowledge.

I'm sure the video wasn't meant to be all revealing of their secret program, but from what I saw and from what I heard in that echoing interview, their revolutionary program consists of:

#1. They're trying to tax the muscle extremely hard upfront in order to recruit the most motor units available (motor units innervate muscle fibers, therefore, control contraction), then with the neural system is primed with deeply activated motor units, which does happen when lifting heavy, the goal is to exploit that neurally super-stimulated atmosphere and continue hitting it heavy, as though they've found the key to super strength exploitation (via profound activation of motor units). Therefore, leading to new & exciting hypertrophy in their opinion.

#2. The second ingredient to any CNS suited routines is the philosophy of rest time between workouts or frequency. Traditionally, high intensity routines go with a long rest period (in order to prevent CNS fatigue). HIT goes as far as 5 days rest between workouts, DC is I think likes to limit sessions to 3 times a week. This anaconda program suggests that they are seeing success by increasing the frequency of lifts, which is traditionally, the antithesis to preventing CNS fatigue. Therefore, leading to new & exciting hypertrophy in their opinion.

Judging by the logic of high intensity + high frequency, combined with that video workout we saw, I can only begin to assume from here (because we didn't have the anaconda program fully revealed.).

"IF" the full chest workout was as short and heavy as the video suggested, then even without seeing the full workout, I believe their logic is this. INCREDIBLY short & heavy workouts, with the primary goal of activating deep motor units, then continuing to go HIT (High Intensity Training), but keep the workout short enough as to not over-tax the CNS, while allowing for high frequency as high frequency workouts are highly associated with high hypertrophy.

Bottom line, short "VERY HEAVY" lifting sessions, many times a week, and thus, coupling two opposing principles of lifting high intensity + high frequency, and as a result of the short lifting sessions, keeping the CNS fresh even in the midst of high frequency.

Therefore, one must seek out Anaconda to be able to achieve success in such an atmosphere.

However, even their nutrition theories are in my opinion, a bit common knowledge. The only thing "new" going on here is their new product.

Send your "I think you're a pretentious douche" hate mail to Mulletsoldier :paranoid:

REEVESDIESEL

REEVESDIESEL

Awards
  • Established
It will most likely be 2 a day workouts. I'll tell you this much, I'm no douche, and wont be buying this CRAP when it comes out. They've been hyping this up for so long, so IMO they think everyone and they're pimple ***got brother will be buying this in bulk like it's going to transform them into Flex Lewis! I JUST CAN'T WAIT TO SEE HOW THIS ALL GOES DOWN. Exciting bs this is. ;P

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
I know what you're saying, and truth be told, I was perfectly willing to continue reading even after I realized the fueling motive was a new supplement. However, this whole idea of dialing with the CNS has been thought about since the 70's, it's not new or revolutionary. I'm not dumping on you, so I hope I don't sound like I'm being a douche toward you, but I think this is just the first time you've personally read anything so CNS emphasized, but I'll tell ya, it's an old idea.

I'm really not trying to come off like a ****, so I apologize if I did or am, but I'm just say'n, awareness of the role of the CNS is in my opinion, common knowledge.

I'm sure the video wasn't meant to be all revealing of their secret program, but from what I saw and from what I heard in that echoing interview, their revolutionary program consists of:

#1. They're trying to tax the muscle extremely hard upfront in order to recruit the most motor units available (motor units innervate muscle fibers, therefore, control contraction), then with the neural system is primed with deeply activated motor units, which does happen when lifting heavy, the goal is to exploit that neurally super-stimulated atmosphere and continue hitting it heavy, as though they've found the key to super strength exploitation (via profound activation of motor units). Therefore, leading to new & exciting hypertrophy in their opinion.

#2. The second ingredient to any CNS suited routines is the philosophy of rest time between workouts or frequency. Traditionally, high intensity routines go with a long rest period (in order to prevent CNS fatigue). HIT goes as far as 5 days rest between workouts, DC is I think likes to limit sessions to 3 times a week. This anaconda program suggests that they are seeing success by increasing the frequency of lifts, which is traditionally, the antithesis to preventing CNS fatigue. Therefore, leading to new & exciting hypertrophy in their opinion.

Judging by the logic of high intensity + high frequency, combined with that video workout we saw, I can only begin to assume from here (because we didn't have the anaconda program fully revealed.).

"IF" the full chest workout was as short and heavy as the video suggested, then even without seeing the full workout, I believe their logic is this. INCREDIBLY short & heavy workouts, with the primary goal of activating deep motor units, then continuing to go HIT (High Intensity Training), but keep the workout short enough as to not over-tax the CNS, while allowing for high frequency as high frequency workouts are highly associated with high hypertrophy.

Bottom line, short "VERY HEAVY" lifting sessions, many times a week, and thus, coupling two opposing principles of lifting high intensity + high frequency, and as a result of the short lifting sessions, keeping the CNS fresh even in the midst of high frequency.

Therefore, one must seek out Anaconda to be able to achieve success in such an atmosphere.

However, even their nutrition theories are in my opinion, a bit common knowledge. The only thing "new" going on here is their new product.

Send your "I think you're a pretentious douche" hate mail to Mulletsoldier :paranoid:
Hmm. Ive read about the CNS before but I guess I just never really took it that serious. I knew it was an issue but figured it was just another thing people would talk about and look too much into to make a buck. I also have a personal problem with chronic fatigue. I never set foot into the gym feeling fresh. So here I am now.

Anaconda is nothing special Im sure, but I want to see whats in it just to see what the hell they are at least trying to pump up so hard. Curiosity more than anything. Ill keep my bcaas and whey for intra.

If nothing else, I was just remembering back to the days when I was transitioning from boxing to lifitng again and wondering how to regain that feeling without boxing for several months.

Wait...what? :think:
Signifying I was well conditioned with a high metabolic rate.

alwaysgaining

alwaysgaining

Awards
  • Established
lol read the whole article and its nothing i didnt already do or know,.. man product write ups are really getting good,
really guys many olympic coachs already know all that and way more

BifWebster

Awards
well it's out. $345 and it won't even last a month.

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
these guys are starting to make muscle tech look good lol. must have hired the same marketers.