Help with Sheiko

hamr9

Awards
I am doing shekio #29 and I am halfway through my 2nd week. The dumbbell flys are killing my pec minor and the DL up to knee feels just retarted. I actually have to use less weight going just to the knees where as if i did full lock out i can go much heaiver.

Im looking for some suggestions to swap out the dumbell flys with something else, and maybe just a confirmation the DL to the knees is actually worth it?

also if anyone has everdone sheiko im still confused as to how this is going to make me stronger too, because its almost the exact same workouts with the exact same weights for 4 weeks at less than 80% of RM.

spadesofaces

Awards
Dont switch **** dude. The program has worked time and time again for dudes way stronger than you and me both. Just have faith in it and do it as Rx'd, you'll see good results.

High frequency with low volume can lead to phenominal neural gains, just make sure your form is spot on and consistent from day to day. Plus, in the later weeks the %'s really ramp up.

hamr9

Awards
I'll keep going but I really think I need to swap out the DB Chest Flys, due to pain, is there anything else i can do that is comparable to the flys? i was thinking dips maybe if the goal of the flys is to create a good stretch? or maybe pullovers?

rammy222

rammy222

Awards
I'll keep going but I really think I need to swap out the DB Chest Flys, due to pain, is there anything else i can do that is comparable to the flys? i was thinking dips maybe if the goal of the flys is to create a good stretch? or maybe pullovers?
subbing flys for dips??
thats like subbing bench press for over head shoulder press..

Flys are there for a shaping and stretching.
Maybe try cable flys

hamr9

Awards
subbing flys for dips??
thats like subbing bench press for over head shoulder press..

Flys are there for a shaping and stretching.
Maybe try cable flys
rammy22, love the profile pic....yea i was thinking subbing flys for dips, as in non weighted dips, pause at the bottom get a good stretch and come back up.

cable flys are the same kind of pain, deep inside the pec, almost near the shoulder

rxp1997

rxp1997

Awards
  • Established
I'd suggest going much lighter and working up, they are meant to stretch, dont sub things around. the sheiko programs are tried and true... i found the DL to knees helpful, allowed me to work on keeping my back straight and setting up correctly, and allows you to squeeze two DL workouts in one session. Wait til you have to hit the deficit DLs....

hamr9

Awards
I'd suggest going much lighter and working up, they are meant to stretch, dont sub things around. the sheiko programs are tried and true... i found the DL to knees helpful, allowed me to work on keeping my back straight and setting up correctly, and allows you to squeeze two DL workouts in one session. Wait til you have to hit the deficit DLs....
rxp do you DL conventional or sumo?

Yea, I noticed the deficit DL coming up too I have never done these before and how many inches do you reccomend? I was thinking of standing on 2 45lb plates which would be about 4 inches, we also have a step box at the gym which is about 7-8 inches.

rxp1997

rxp1997

Awards
  • Established
I DL conventional. I used the 45s also, before that I used a reebok stepper but they started flexing under the weight, my last run around I was on elevated platform that had rack pin-outs all the way to platform level. if its your first time start with just a couple of inches, then bump it up to 4 or so later in the cycle or next cycle. all that matters is that you are elevated.