abs vs. obliques
- 06-23-2009, 10:09 AM
- 06-23-2009, 10:10 AM
Training the entire core is far more important (this includes the erector spinae).M.Ed. Ex Phys
- 06-23-2009, 03:24 PM
06-24-2009, 02:04 PM
ok thanks for your help....
06-24-2009, 02:57 PM
You know, some people can work out obliques and not build their sides, but I see as I get a little older the more I train obliques, I feel I am getting muscle-love-handles. And I just dieted for a show so it isn't fat. lol
If you do decide to train obliques directly, keep an eye on that.
06-24-2009, 03:09 PM
What are these "abs" you speak of?
06-28-2009, 05:24 PM
I do a core circuit every other day (technically my off days).
I usually pick 5 or 6 exercises. My favs are:
Weighted Russian Twists
A typical core workout for me would look like this:
Weighted V-Ups, 12 reps
Chinnies, burn out
Russian Twists, weighted 15 reps
Weighted Side Extensions, 8 reps
Side Plank, 45 sec per side
--3 Times, resting one min at end of circuit.
06-28-2009, 06:21 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By Shoe in forum Training ForumReplies: 5Last Post: 04-07-2011, 04:37 PM
- By JasonblkZ06 in forum Training ForumReplies: 5Last Post: 09-09-2010, 03:56 PM
- By Shogun33 in forum Training ForumReplies: 3Last Post: 07-14-2010, 05:54 PM
- By Jake Fires in forum Training ForumReplies: 9Last Post: 02-15-2010, 11:44 AM
- By wbted23 in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 16Last Post: 04-09-2009, 04:40 AM