Top 10 Reasons Why You Train Like a Panzy….

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
From Zach Even-Esh's blog today :)

Top 10 Reasons Why You Train Like a Panzy….

1. You can’t get stronger. ****ing add weight to the bar and crank the tunes. Stop being scared of the weights.

2. You can’t gain muscle. You’re not training hard enough, period. You train like a pussy and eat like a bird, enough said.

3. You think dumbbells can’t do the job. I have a 150 lb dumbbell in my gym. If you can snatch it, clean & press it, floor press it, row it, carry it and swing it, you ARE a strong MoFo! Dumbbells work, and if they don’t work, it means you ain’t workin’ hard enough.

4. You keep looking for the “Secret Sauce”. Stop looking for the secret supplement. You won’t find results in a bottle or a jar. Earn it, SON!

5. You have NO passion for strength and muscle. If you don’t love the iron you will NEVER gain strength and muscle as fast as the next guy who loves wrapping his hands around a heavy barbell or dumbbell.

6. You’re a ****ing Quitter. Push yourself to the limit. Train hard. Stop popping zits in the mirror and checking your hair. The set ends when you have pushed past your limits.

7. You use a cell phone while training. Do you check text messages or take phone calls when training? You SUCK!

8. You don’t Deadlift. This exercise ain’t pretty. Squat down, grip it and rip it. And NO, the leg press is not a substitute!

9. You don’t Squat. Putting BIG weights on your back is no joke. Squatting heavy AND for high reps will shock your body into new growth.

10. Your stomach always hurts. If you eat like **** your stomach will always bother you. Stop eating like **** and do what needs to be done to improver your fitness. If not, you will always be nauseous. Get in shape and commit to yourself. And guess what, sometimes you just might throw up. Oh well.

That’s my rant.

I’m tired of the half assers and tired of the free loaders.

I’m tired of the quitters, the whiners and complainers.

Tired of the jealous *******s who feel entitled to everything.

It’s called WORK.

Step up, train hard, work hard and get your hands dirty

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
Nice. I like it. I really hate the mofo's using the bluetooth while working out. I have to crank the head phones to tune them out.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Why did he feel the need to tell people what most of them already know?

Grimninja117

Grimninja117

Awards
Puking is never fun, but you know you're workin hard if you need to that's for DAMN sure.

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
i made 9/10

i text while working out tho.. if i dont i end up just going threw my workout too fast and not resting enoughl..

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
MODs sticky please!

bustmetal

Awards
Well said. if ur not doing all of the above ur wasting ur time.
u know what shits me the most when u someone doesnt see u in a while and tells u you looking good or u have packed on mass and then, wait for it------'What are u taking'. I feel like punching their lights out.
I spend 8 to 12 hrs at the gym lifting my guts out, busting metal until I throw up, or squatting and dead lifting til I cant walk and making sure my diet and supplements are spot on day after day..........piss off.

People have a window of opportunity when they go to the gym......make the most of it.
And everyone knows what to do.....they choose not to do it......and then complain they dont get results.

Grimninja117

Grimninja117

Awards
Well said. if ur not doing all of the above ur wasting ur time.
u know what shits me the most when u someone doesnt see u in a while and tells u you looking good or u have packed on mass and then, wait for it------'What are u taking'. I feel like punching their lights out.
I spend 8 to 12 hrs at the gym lifting my guts out, busting metal until I throw up, or squatting and dead lifting til I cant walk and making sure my diet and supplements are spot on day after day..........piss off.

People have a window of opportunity when they go to the gym......make the most of it.
And everyone knows what to do.....they choose not to do it......and then complain they dont get results.
Yea my lifting partner gets that all the time.

His every reply is "I eat a lot".

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Damn I know I wouldn't be allowed to post this at my gym because other than me and like 2 other people I have seen that actually lift...

i would offend the other 95% of people ^.^

drivehard

drivehard

Awards
  • Established
i made 9/10

i text while working out tho.. if i dont i end up just going threw my workout too fast and not resting enoughl..
If you can fly through your workout, and need texting to slow you down, you are NOT working hard enough!

ato ucf

Yea my lifting partner gets that all the time.

His every reply is "I eat a lot".
haha i hadnt seen my friend in about 6 or 7 months since i went off to school, he asked what i did and i told him pilates... he believed me and went to a couple sesions. i almost died when he came back and told me i was laughing so hard

D3vildog

D3vildog

Awards
  • Established
I'll text sometimes, if im arguing with the woman or i just need to relax however, then no. I'd say about 40% of the time i bring my phone in to my workout. Mostly when i do just cardio and abs tho. When i lift, i normally won't bring in my ipod cause im usually the only one there.

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
If you can fly through your workout, and need texting to slow you down, you are NOT working hard enough!
ok, if im doing a wsbb routine with a max bench of 265
135 x 5
170 x 3
205 x 3
235 x 3
255 x 1
270 x 1

im suppose to just not rest in between sets??!?! i need 3-4 mins between sets 4 and 5 and 5 and 6... so what am i suppose to do stand there and stare at the weights?!? or smash my head against the wall.. i just send a couple texts and then nail my set..

it comes down to self control... i mean tom brady has said he took a nap at halftime off his first super bowl.. was he not worried bout the game? no, thats just his way to remain in the zone.

sending a text keeps me resting between sets and not getting distracted and having a 10 min convo with others at the gym.

alwaysgaining

alwaysgaining

Awards
  • Established
ok, if im doing a wsbb routine with a max bench of 265
135 x 5
170 x 3
205 x 3
235 x 3
255 x 1
270 x 1

im suppose to just not rest in between sets??!?! i need 3-4 mins between sets 4 and 5 and 5 and 6... so what am i suppose to do stand there and stare at the weights?!? or smash my head against the wall.. i just send a couple texts and then nail my set..

it comes down to self control... i mean tom brady has said he took a nap at halftime off his first super bowl.. was he not worried bout the game? no, thats just his way to remain in the zone.

sending a text keeps me resting between sets and not getting distracted and having a 10 min convo with others at the gym.
go do diff lift

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
go do diff lift
lol lol wow r u serious?!

so i hit 235 x 3 then i should go miltary press 135 and then go try to max out riiight cuz im sure u do that between ur max nice try tho.:wave2:

Jeremy Brown

Jeremy Brown

Awards
  • Established
great post!! im not religious, but if i was im pretty sure id consider this to be a page out of the bible!! LOL.

oh and brownstown - quit your f***ing b*****ing, this is supposed to be a positive and motivating thread. take your negativity elsewhere.

Grimninja117

Grimninja117

Awards
i made 9/10

Normally you should bang out your set and have a spotter to help you with the last few, then be spotting your m8 on his set.

Texting in the gym just doesn't seem right, but I guess it's better then those phone calls!

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
great post!! im not religious, but if i was im pretty sure id consider this to be a page out of the bible!! LOL.

oh and brownstown - quit your f***ing b*****ing, this is supposed to be a positive and motivating thread. take your negativity elsewhere.
alright next time ur going for a max or a low rep set i want u to do a "diff lift" inbetween and tell me if u break ur personal records..

my point is u take 3-4 min breaks between BIG lifts, why cant u send a text? i lift alone if i need a spot i go ask for one if someone needs a spot im more then willing to give one..

so my ? remains unanswered why cant i text when i have a 3-4 minute break between max effort sets..

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
Normally you should bang out your set and have a spotter to help you with the last few, then be spotting your m8 on his set.

Texting in the gym just doesn't seem right, but I guess it's better then those phone calls!
like i saidi do westside workouts, i dont need to "bang out " a couple extra reps...i save it for my last rep.

i give a spot when someone asks. no real need to neg me for it but its cool

Jeremy Brown

Jeremy Brown

Awards
  • Established
alright next time ur going for a max or a low rep set i want u to do a "diff lift" inbetween and tell me if u break ur personal records..

my point is u take 3-4 min breaks between BIG lifts, why cant u send a text? i lift alone if i need a spot i go ask for one if someone needs a spot im more then willing to give one..

so my ? remains unanswered why cant i text when i have a 3-4 minute break between max effort sets..

i understand the point of YOUR argument, you already stated this in your previous post and i already read it. that is your argument. apparently you did not understand the point of MY statement. it was very simple: quit B****ING. if you feel the need to, take it somewhere else.

thanks.

FINISHED.

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
i understand the point of YOUR argument, you already stated this in your previous post and i already read it. that is your argument. apparently you did not understand the point of MY statement. it was very simple: quit B****ING. if you feel the need to, take it somewhere else.

thanks.

FINISHED.
easy badass, i was just making a pont that its dumb to do a diff lift between max efforts... i had no negatvity in my first thread i just stated my opinon, that texting in between sets wont harm anyones workout as long as you have self control

so you can stop acting like a badass

FINISHED!!

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
For real, great f-ing post man.

Squat till you drop and do it again!

Phone in the truck, Ipod on and I dont talk.......I work.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
I workout at home. Ffuuck gyms and their pansy azz clientele! :D

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
is it ok too talk b4 u lift? i do that alot while gettin changed and stetching but after its all buisness

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
we all know those things already.. but from time to time, some of us overlook it or forget it..

Jeremy Brown

Jeremy Brown

Awards
  • Established
easy badass, i was just making a pont that its dumb to do a diff lift between max efforts... i had no negatvity in my first thread i just stated my opinon, that texting in between sets wont harm anyones workout as long as you have self control

so you can stop acting like a badass

FINISHED!!

i was in no way trying to act like a badass. i was being blunt and to the point in an attempt to discontinue the pointless rant that you and the other poster had already began. i ended my post with FINISHED in the hopes that you would take the hint and just drop the matter, unfortunately it seems as though youre a little slow on the up-take... so perhaps ill just use a shorter more easily comprehendable term:

END.
:wave2::wave2::wave2:

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Oh yeah!

I just wanna pick up where previous posters left it and say ...

FINITO!

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Geeez most reps I've ever gotten from 1 post ever. And I didnt even write it! :) I'll tell Zach you guys thank him.

bustmetal

Awards
do u think it is acceptable that u lift, while texting and emailing and on a phone call with the ipod pumping while typing in the anabolicminds forum, and having a coversation with ur gym mate, while drinking BCAA.....i am exhausted just typing this....lol

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
Love it,.. good posting Royd!!!

Sinon

Sinon

Awards
I text in between lifts. I try to keep a good balance of working out and talking to women/ lookin at the clock, usually no more than a min rest. Minute and a half maybe

Flyers2385

Awards
I work on my novel in between sets on my blackberry. That way everyone sees that I'm writing in public and I know I can go home and read about it on AM. Then I pick up my 100 lb dbs and continue my incline press. :)

j rad

j rad

Awards
I have an iphone and nothing pisses me off more than when i get a text at the gym because i have to check it or itll keep alerting me. God damn smartphone, trying to ruin my workout. Its straight though, I just press the button and keep going, the only thing i wanna hear when I lift is some Slayer, and the sound of weights hitting the floor/rack/eachother.

Illgetthatbig

Awards
God bless the truth! Death metal really ramps me up!

LIGHTWEIGHT!!! haha

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i leave the phone in the car, it's my time to get away from the world and release some stress, the only time the phone comes is when i gotta pick up little bro or something to that extent

jcp2

Awards
  • Established
I am on call for work so one out of every four weeks i have to have it. I talk in the locker room though when it rings. As far as not talking when i am lifting or not taking it seriously, i bullshit from the minute i walk in the gym, to the minute i leave. the only exception is when one of us is lifting or getting psyched. I can get myself prepared to lift in a very short time, especially without gear on.

RobbyG66

Awards
if you need to text when you work out thats sad. I consider the gym a place i go to bust my ass and get big not talk to the gf. She can wait