Whats the best split for a cut?

p00ndawg

p00ndawg

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ive been following cdk for awhile, but ive been going 6 days a week splitting up my muscles in 5 days and using the 6th day for my depletion.

so it would be something like:
legs
chest
arms
back
shoulders
depletion
rest

is this split ideal for cutting, and fat loss? My diet is pretty solid as well.

mathis50262

mathis50262

Awards
  • Established
Ive been following cdk for awhile, but ive been going 6 days a week splitting up my muscles in 5 days and using the 6th day for my depletion.

legs
chest
arms
back
shoulders
depletion
rest

is this split ideal for cutting, and fat loss? My diet is pretty solid as
well.
We are on the exact same program. I'm on the CKD and my w/o is the same. Cardio on m/w/f

p00ndawg

p00ndawg

Banned
Awards
  • Established
We are on the exact same program. I'm on the CKD and my w/o is the same. Cardio on m/w/f
has it been going good for you?

i do cardio whenever my legs dont feel like complete ass after leg days.
so usually on arm, chest, shoulder and depletion days.

damn we have similar stats too.

mathis50262

mathis50262

Awards
  • Established
Well I'm 7 weeks in as of today, and I'm 25 down. Lately it seems that the weight has slowed in dropping off.

mathis50262

mathis50262

Awards
  • Established
Rephrase that. I am focusing on loosing fat as well, while maintaining of course. It's ok that the weight stopped, no hopefully it will all be displacement.

p00ndawg

p00ndawg

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Rephrase that. I am focusing on loosing fat as well, while maintaining of course. It's ok that the weight stopped, no hopefully it will all be displacement.

ahh k makes sense.

The most recent pic is in my avatar, that was about two weeks ago. The last one on my thread is on 4/10

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/pics/120088-my-transformation.html

nice!

what you eat on ur carb up?

I went kind of dirty this weekend, box of fruity pebbles, 1 loaf of bread and a bag of light potato chips(olestra), and a half gal of skim milk.

mathis50262

mathis50262

Awards
  • Established
ahh k makes sense.

nice!

what you eat on ur carb up?

I went kind of dirty this weekend, box of fruity pebbles, 1 loaf of bread and a bag of light potato chips(olestra), and a half gal of skim milk.
I'm kinda nervous about getting too dirty, I have heard you can eat what you want, but..... I usually do lots of fruit, oatmeal, whole wheat pancakes, and whole wheat pasta. And my diet is modified... I carb up for 48 hours

p00ndawg

p00ndawg

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm kinda nervous about getting too dirty, I have heard you can eat what you want, but..... I usually do lots of fruit, oatmeal, whole wheat pancakes, and whole wheat pasta. And my diet is modified... I carb up for 48 hours

ahh my carb up is a little over 24. I went dirty cuz I had gone clean for such a long time. I needed to indulge on something. It was nice, and usually after I cheat somewhere it gives me more motivation to be much stricter with my diet and exercise since I cheated.

My usual carb up consists of whole wheat bread, spaghetti with whole wheat pasta, and lots and lots of brown rice.

UKStrength

legs
chest
arms
back
shoulders
depletion
rest

is this split ideal for cutting, and fat loss? My diet is pretty solid as well.
If it's currently working for you mate then I wouldn't change it up (i.e. you're losing fat).

I tend to do more volume training when cutting (e.g. GVT, OVT) adding in extra fasted cardio and HIIT sessions where needed to burn extra calories.

It works for me, others might overtrain on such a regime but I only seem to respond to it well, might be something to try.

GymRat7197

GymRat7197

Awards
  • Established
Cutting is done through a calorie deficient diet. No routine cuts you, the loss of glycogen that requires your body to burn fat as a source of energy does.

The best advice for your routine structure while cutting is to slightly increase the reps (to burn more calories).

BBDF

BBDF

Awards
most important thing while cutting is diet. as for training im a huge fan of push/pull routines, for example.

Day1:Heavy pull:3-5rep range
Day2:Light Push:6-12rep range
Day3: off/ maybe some cardio
Day4:Light Pull:6-12rep range
Day5:Heavy Push:3-5rep range
Day6: off/maybe some cardio
Day7:repeat

given that your diet is in check this routine will allow you to preserve strength and keep muscle while you cut.

GymRat7197

GymRat7197

Awards
  • Established
most important thing while cutting is diet. as for training im a huge fan of push/pull routines, for example.

Day1:Heavy pull:3-5rep range
Day2:Light Push:6-12rep range
Day3: off/ maybe some cardio
Day4:Light Pull:6-12rep range
Day5:Heavy Push:3-5rep range
Day6: off/maybe some cardio
Day7:repeat

given that your diet is in check this routine will allow you to preserve strength and keep muscle while you cut.
I actually really really REALLY like the set up and idea behind this routine.

It slightly reminds me of the push/pull that was uniquely modified by the original author Frankie NY, dealing with the workout a, workout b philosophy. It was called push then pull and legs in which would require utilization of the squat and deadlift in the same session.

This is pretty cool and I'm going to take note of this.