Training in the shower

thedawg3545

thedawg3545

Awards
I don't know if anyone else has heard of this but it's when you take a shower in just regular warm water for the majority of your shower, this is supposed to open the pores in your skin, then for the last minute before you get out of the shower turn it on cold and it's supposed to make your heart beat faster almsot like you've been running a marathon- i've tried it a couple times but havn't gotten past 30 seconds
has anyone else heard of this method?

avenue Red

Awards
I thought that that was just for acne and muscle recovery

Sunder

Sunder

Awards
  • Established
I heard it was to help increase GH.
I don't do it either.

IamSOFAking

IamSOFAking

Banned
Awards
i train with the gf in the shower couple times a week.

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
this is a little extreme come on lol. just do work in the gym, sometimes we tend to over think things.

getbigbyjune

getbigbyjune

Awards
hahahahaha yah me too. lol dude if u feel its doin somethin than sure what the hell! sounds good to me im probably gunna try it now.

biggerthantex

biggerthantex

Awards
i dont know what the benefits are exactly... but i have tried it... i sat in the sauna for 15-20 minutes then jump into the "cool-cold" pool.... i didnt like it. it always made me feel sick to my stomach

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
ive done this with the sauna to cold shower... it makes me feel like i am having a heart attack. its the worst feeling ever. like your entire body is contracting at once and everything inside of you.

Heartless88

Heartless88

Awards
I do it alot.
i love taking hot showers
but then if its hot out or warm out coming out of a hot shower sucks
so ill run the cold water for a little bit before i jump out
i love it it feels great its refreashing
and awakens you

D3vildog

D3vildog

Awards
  • Established
I do something similar... cause it helps with circulation and recovery. (At least for me) Being allergic to painkiller this is big if i pull / strain something

Hot shower for 15 min, i mean HOT (again for me) to loosen the muscle, then colder for 1 min, then hot for 1 min, then cold again, etc until i feel better. this also helps me relax.