All body routine 3 days???? - AnabolicMinds.com

All body routine 3 days????

  1. tommytucker69's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    138
    Rep Power
    147

    Reputation

    All body routine 3 days????


    I just wanted some opinions on my gym routine. I don't have a 3 day split i just have one all body routine.

    Bench
    Incline
    Flies
    Hammer Curls
    EZ Isolated Curls
    Tricep Pull Down
    Preacher Curls
    Lat Pulldown
    Seated Row

    *some days throw a few more or subsitute a few exercises


    At the moment i'm trying to recomp, hopefully lose some of the fat and get a little bigger and toned. I know everyone uses a split like back/tri chest legs/bi's or something but ive been just doing this mon wed and fri. I love the workout as my whole body feels wrecked after it. I think i am getting good results too. Just wanted to see what you guys thought about a gym routine like this one.

    Thanks

  2. suncloud's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    37
    Posts
    6,352
    Rep Power
    3260

    Reputation

    i've done full body, but the way i do it is one compound exercise per body part. adding in flyes and two curls at the expense of deadlifts and squats seems counterproductive.
  3. tommytucker69's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    138
    Rep Power
    147

    Reputation

    yeah some days i leave bi's out and do squats and deadlifts
    •   
       

  4. suncloud's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    37
    Posts
    6,352
    Rep Power
    3260

    Reputation

    personally, i would do one exercise per body part something like

    pick one of each :
    legs - squats, hack squats, leg press, front squats
    back - deadlifts, sumo deadlifts, suitcase deadlifts (deads with dumbells)
    upper back (and biceps) - chins, reverse grip chins, pull ups, wide grip pull ups, bent over rows
    chest - bench, incline bench, chest dips (head down, body forward, legs back)
    triceps - close grip bench, dips (head up, body straight, legs straight), skullcrushers (while laying on a bench)
    delts - military press, upright rows, clean and press, push press

    your biceps should get a pretty decent workout from the pullups or chins. though you could add biceps if you really felt the need.
  5. jdg487's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,316
    Rep Power
    737

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by suncloud View Post
    personally, i would do one exercise per body part something like

    pick one of each :
    legs - squats, hack squats, leg press, front squats
    back - deadlifts, sumo deadlifts, suitcase deadlifts (deads with dumbells)
    upper back (and biceps) - chins, reverse grip chins, pull ups, wide grip pull ups, bent over rows
    chest - bench, incline bench, chest dips (head down, body forward, legs back)
    triceps - close grip bench, dips (head up, body straight, legs straight), skullcrushers (while laying on a bench)
    delts - military press, upright rows, clean and press, push press

    your biceps should get a pretty decent workout from the pullups or chins. though you could add biceps if you really felt the need.
    Looks like a pretty good workout, nice advice!
  6. Minus83's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  275 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    29
    Posts
    169
    Rep Power
    195

    Reputation

    Im doing full body workouts right now, 3 days a week, day 1 and 3 are the same, on day 2 i try to use a different exercise for each muscle group.

    I focus on doing alot of compound lifts, and try to choose the exercises that are rumored to build the most mass.
  7. CopyCat's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    33
    Posts
    6,254
    Rep Power
    719847

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Consider making all the various Olympic lifts your basis and add onto/tailor from there.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222
  8. Resolve's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    8,062
    Rep Power
    350690

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by CopyCat View Post
    Consider making all the various Olympic lifts your basis and add onto/tailor from there.
    ATG Squats + Clean and Press for 8x3, supersetted, and you've got a complete workout already.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

    ***NOW @ NP***
  9. stosh517's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  206 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    71
    Rep Power
    117

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    ATG Squats + Clean and Press for 8x3, supersetted, and you've got a complete workout already.
    just did this exact routine tonight! threw in some weighted ab work too. great full body pump...loved it... finished in abt 35 mins...perfect routine when you've got limited time...
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. My 3 day full body routine. Thoughts?
    By hitsquaddd in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-04-2009, 08:43 AM
  2. full body vs 3 day plit routine
    By frezel in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-11-2007, 08:10 AM
  3. 3 days routine vs. 5 days routine
    By HolyPower in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-10-2007, 07:01 PM
  4. Irregular workout days, need routine help
    By Icebrc in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-16-2005, 05:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO