Bigger arms

  1. Registered User
    Stallion83's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    467
    Answers
    0

    Bigger arms


    Hey any suggest a good way or another routine for bigger arms. Liek maybe supersets or something. I really love doing 21's they are a B[]*C[]-[] but I find it effective. Just wanted to know if anyone has any thoughts on getting a bigger peak you know. Thnx

  2. Registered User
    Stallion83's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    467
    Answers
    0


    ANYONE?
  3. Board Supporter
    Frank Reynolds's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,667
    Answers
    0


    Lets see a pic.
    •   
       

  4. Gate Keeper
    jminis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    4,023
    Answers
    0


    Peak is very genetic
  5. Registered User
    FFChris's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Age
    46
    Posts
    22
    Answers
    0


    Typically straight barbell builds the mass.. and if you incorporate those with seated alternating and burn them, due failure reps, exhaust them to no end.. they will grow.. Building peak is incline curls.. least for me it is.. I wouldn't so much worry about the weight on the bar..cause the bicep is a small muscle.. Just burn the ever living crap outta them..
  6. Registered User
    Stallion83's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    467
    Answers
    0


    lol thnx chris. How ofton can I do them 3x a week to say? So I would do my standins curls, then seated ones, reversed (for forearms) then at the end my 21's to really burn em out. On Anabolic Pump and I should see some reults so.
  7. Registered User
    suncloud's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    37
    Posts
    6,353
    Answers
    0


    weighted chins are a great movement for me. it really helps start an insane pump.
  8. Registered User
    MMAMONSTER19's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  178 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    544
    Answers
    0


    what i started doin and have never felt such a deep burn since i switch it up every week but here are some: chin ups or weighted chins, incline db curl, standing barbell curl, concentration curls, ez bar curl, one arm cable curl right after two arm cable curl, and dont kno what its called but heres how i do it get dbs in both hands and hold by ur side and instead instead of thumbs out make the top of ur hand out and curl straight up against your body like a hammer and it burns badly at the end of my workouts, i also started incorporating squats on my arm day as well not as heavy as leg day tho just started so i cant tell if its helpin but hopefully it does
  9. Registered User
    Stallion83's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    467
    Answers
    0


    ahh ok all good advice guys thanx. Here s a little what I like to incorporate. I like doing skull crushers and keep my tri/bi workout all in one. So what about negatives? Do you think maybe the end workout doing the negatives might do the bi's any good?
  10. Registered User
    elementrip's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  258 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    400
    Answers
    0


    Cant forget that tris are almost 2/3 of the upper arm man! Kill the tris and size will come, quick. But you need to maintain symetry too...
    A good routine i used for a month only training arms twice a week was this, worked well. Got an inch!
    (3 sets 12 reps per set, pyramiding)
    Bi's: BB curl, DB pronated curls, EZ bar 21's, High cable D ring curls, EZ bar heavy preacher curls, Concentration curls, DB cross chest curls.
    (yes thats ALOT, but if you're supersetting which i'd suggest you will break those muscles down waiting on protein)

    Later that day...
    Tri's: V bar cable pushdowns, Rev. grip flat bar push downs, High pulley D ring cable kickbacks (underhand grip), seated single DB two handed overhead press, Incline skullcrushers, French press, and weighted dips.

    I can GAURANTEE if your protein habits are on point as well as sleep you will make good gains off of this setup, and mind you this is only 8 times a month at twice a week....
  11. Registered User
    MMAMONSTER19's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  178 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    544
    Answers
    0


    so you would go to the gym twice in one day to hit your arms up?
  12. Board Supporter
    Frank Reynolds's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,667
    Answers
    0


    The issue is this.. Are your arms out of proportion? Or are they proportionate to the rest of your physique. People bitch that they want bigger arms, when in reality their arms are fine, they just need MORE MASS..

    LIke Jminis said, peak is very genetic.

    You want a pump/burn, try these
    YouTube - Picture 173
  13. Registered User
    elementrip's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  258 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    400
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by MMAMONSTER19 View Post
    so you would go to the gym twice in one day to hit your arms up?
    Yeah, they were the one part on me that was for sure lacking at the time. It seems a bit excessive but it depends on your specific goals. My schedule is funked most of the time so i have only four days to lift some weeks and i use the split day to make sure if get everything done that i need to. My schedule is normally an A-E type. Arms (bi's and tri's), chest, Delts, Full back, and Legs. With Abs and calfs in there twice.

    But im drifting from the subject... Yes I split my Bi and tri's on the same day occasionally when im after the best burn i can get. But dont make the mistake of slacking on your protein for the day because then its a wasted effort, sleep is equally important
  14. Registered User
    elementrip's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  258 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    400
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by imprezivr6 View Post
    The issue is this.. Are your arms out of proportion? Or are they proportionate to the rest of your physique. People bitch that they want bigger arms, when in reality their arms are fine, they just need MORE MASS..

    LIke Jminis said, peak is very genetic.

    You want a pump/burn, try these
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FNELBTsHjQ
    Love this exercise, my fav is getting the fullest contraction possible by starting palm down, wrist facing out then curling until the pinky end of wrist is facing as far up as possible. Hold for a good 2 seconds or so, then a slow eccentric contraction too. BURNS so hard! But the pump is intense.
  15. Registered User
    MMAMONSTER19's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  178 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    544
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by elementrip View Post
    Yeah, they were the one part on me that was for sure lacking at the time. It seems a bit excessive but it depends on your specific goals. My schedule is funked most of the time so i have only four days to lift some weeks and i use the split day to make sure if get everything done that i need to. My schedule is normally an A-E type. Arms (bi's and tri's), chest, Delts, Full back, and Legs. With Abs and calfs in there twice.

    But im drifting from the subject... Yes I split my Bi and tri's on the same day occasionally when im after the best burn i can get. But dont make the mistake of slacking on your protein for the day because then its a wasted effort, sleep is equally important
    ok i gotcha man, like dont get me wrong you have a good workout set, and i understand that you needed to do what you could in a limited amount of time so it makes sense, just to ask could you have just shortened the workouts like instead of doin 6 bicep exercises just done 3-4 superset with your tricep routine cut short with only 3-4 exercises instead of doin say 10 total exercises in one workout and then the next time you go in do the other exercises you didnt do, could that be an even better routine so your muscles to get used to what your doing 2x a week and create muscle confusion?
  16. Registered User
    Stallion83's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    467
    Answers
    0


    errrrrr lol my left arm in all honety is prolly night equilalent to my right lol. So does that mean work my worst more to get it in proportion??? Thanx a lot guys for all the help. I used to do tris last when I hit chest back and bis all in one day then have a sep ays dedicated to arms. Its like even 21's sometimes I cant feel that ripping tear u know the hypertrphy that I use to. Thnx again imprez and element most appreicated.
  17. Registered User
    Stallion83's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    467
    Answers
    0


    Hey guys u seen pone routine that Arnold used to do. Its like he stands up and hangs his arm. Its a concentration curl like bending over and not useing anything to rest the arm on it just hangs and he curls it. I dunno what its called but u think thats any good????????
  18. Registered User
    elementrip's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  258 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    400
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by MMAMONSTER19 View Post
    ok i gotcha man, like dont get me wrong you have a good workout set, and i understand that you needed to do what you could in a limited amount of time so it makes sense, just to ask could you have just shortened the workouts like instead of doin 6 bicep exercises just done 3-4 superset with your tricep routine cut short with only 3-4 exercises instead of doin say 10 total exercises in one workout and then the next time you go in do the other exercises you didnt do, could that be an even better routine so your muscles to get used to what your doing 2x a week and create muscle confusion?
    I undertsand what you mean and yes! I agree totally. I took it the different route, but the one you mentioned would also work. I keep my confusion set by augmenting things every month or so...
  19. Registered User
    elementrip's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  258 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    400
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Stallion83 View Post
    errrrrr lol my left arm in all honety is prolly night equilalent to my right lol. So does that mean work my worst more to get it in proportion??? Thanx a lot guys for all the help. I used to do tris last when I hit chest back and bis all in one day then have a sep ays dedicated to arms. Its like even 21's sometimes I cant feel that ripping tear u know the hypertrphy that I use to. Thnx again imprez and element most appreicated.
    In regards to attaining symetry a little heavier work could yeild a better overall match. But at the same time neglect the right one too much and the problem may flip flop. But I sincerely doubt you would fail to notice that happening. It's not necessarily "the best" way of matching up but when my right was a little smaller i added 2 reps on per set. They got better with time... You may have to try a couple things to find what best locks in the symetry you're after. Hopefully you arent trying to compete in the very near future, because if not then play with it.

    As for the not feeling the ripping tear anymore, thats a time thing. Eventually you stop feeling that deep tear. You'll feel the breakdown but not as intensely. Want to try and feel that again, try a new set of workouts for that muscle group.
  20. Registered User
    Stallion83's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    467
    Answers
    0


    So go heavy. Makes more sence. See I always been trianed to do 21's a lot and shoot for 15. So maye if I uped the weights and maybe shoot for lets say 8-10? But for bi s and tris is it need to go to failure. People tell me mixed thinsg some say it is some say dont its useless so I am kinda confused.
  21. Registered User
    Stallion83's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    467
    Answers
    0


    so 3 workouts for each bis tris and 2 for forearms? Hows that sound. Pyramid routine
  22. Registered User
    elementrip's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  258 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    400
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Stallion83 View Post
    So go heavy. Makes more sence. See I always been trianed to do 21's a lot and shoot for 15. So maye if I uped the weights and maybe shoot for lets say 8-10? But for bi s and tris is it need to go to failure. People tell me mixed thinsg some say it is some say dont its useless so I am kinda confused.
    You want to put the most amount of stress on the most muscle fibers possible without injury. So the most important thing is knowing your limits and pushing them but not TOO much. And provide the proper nutrients in your post workout shake and rest.
  23. Registered User
    elementrip's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  258 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    400
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Stallion83 View Post
    so 3 workouts for each bis tris and 2 for forearms? Hows that sound. Pyramid routine
    Sounds alright though i'd sub another bi and tri in the place of forearms. Unless you really feel they are lacking i wouldnt put too much emphasis on the forearms. But the rest sounds great man!
  24. Registered User
    Stallion83's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    467
    Answers
    0


    Kool. Tell you want this is one I am thinking of. Lets start with 2 standing curls (ex bar) 2 warm ups to 10. then the next 3 sets will be pyramid up. Then afterwords Skull crushers. Maybe before that 2 sets of push ups for warm up. Then after skull crushers alternating dumbells. I usually do 40 in each hand to 10 but I know trhat may be weak for now but Im still building. Then after maybe try overhead press. Then that arnold thingy using a 25. Then last for tris would be close grip bench maybe? Or perhaps dips I got 2 options. Then 1 forarms workout. And the last and the most insane 21's to finish my bis. Im sure after no-xplode im sure they will be swoll dayum right cant wait damn its almost midnight and im so crunk! Ahem anywho lol im off to bet lemme know what u all think lol
  25. Registered User
    panther77's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  197 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,330
    Answers
    0


    from readin an above post i think you thought when they said proportionate they meant your right arm compared to your left... I think they were talkin about your entire body. If you just want to work out your arms theyre going to stop growing at a certain point because your body grows proportionately. You need to keep the legs and other parts growing also if you want to see continuing results
  26. yea!!!!!
    brk_nemesis's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  249 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,403
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Stallion83 View Post
    Hey guys u seen pone routine that Arnold used to do. Its like he stands up and hangs his arm. Its a concentration curl like bending over and not useing anything to rest the arm on it just hangs and he curls it. I dunno what its called but u think thats any good????????
    standing concentration curl. I love these,... and like arnold i believe it really hits the peak,... but also like others above, its also genetically influenced.

    YouTube - Arnold Schwarzenegger Pumping Iron Biceps Curls



    Besides standing BB curls, ...another fav of mine are Zottmanns. Get on an incline bench with DB's, and start with your palms facing backward. As you curl both DB'c, rotate wrists 180 degrees so they face up, and then do that in reverse for eccentric portion of rep,... Good stuff.
  27. Registered User
    Stallion83's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    467
    Answers
    0


    Yup thats it! Thats sucha weird technique I don't catch ppl in the gym doing lol. Zottmans I will do also but this arnold on I wanna se if the "pump" he calls works. Anyways thats a great idea and I will try those that u all told me. Pyramid up keeping it to 8-10 reps heavy intensity.
  28. Registered User
    Stallion83's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    467
    Answers
    0


    lol funny 180 ppl read this thread but only less than 25 replied. Anywho I tried doing the arnold routine I like it it works
  29. Board Supporter
    Frank Reynolds's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,667
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Stallion83 View Post
    lol funny 180 ppl read this thread but only less than 25 replied. Anywho I tried doing the arnold routine I like it it works
    What more do you want? You want bigger arms, gain more mass. You can do all the Arnold concentration curls in the world, if your diet isn't on point, and you are not gaining mass, then your wasting your time.
  30. Registered User
    Stallion83's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    467
    Answers
    0


    My diet has never been more on key. I am trying to see if anyone else had any ideas. But I already came up with some that some mentioned on here and going to try them.
  31. Registered User
    TheLastRonin's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    960
    Answers
    0


    Heres a couple of posts of mine in a similar thread;

    "I find training arms with heavy low numbered sets and reps works well. For instance in the 4-8 rep range with 6-8 sets per muscle. I pick certain excercises too that are all about size.
    For bis standing barbell curls-preacher curls(barbell) or leaning cable curls-arnold curls or spider curls and pinwheels at the end. (A good tip for the brachialis muscle as well is to sit in front of a over head cable machine with your elbows above your head and your bis tight to the sides of your head and curl down without moving your elbow. Working that muscle kind of pokes your bis up like a tent pole, learned that from a larry scott video, worked for me)
    For triceps Close grip bench press 6-8 inches apart(i like 6 personally) close grip military press(standing) either with the ez curl bar or a barbell. Then finish with wide grip pressdowns then narrow grip pressdowns.
    Vary your sets and reps to where your doing heavy forceful reps , push yourself and don't worry about getting a "pump" You want big muscles that stick around , not deflate after a short while. I also love using grips for forearms at the end since my mind muscle contraction is already there. Alot of people overtrain their arms, and they stay small. Try this out balls to the wall and let me know how it works for you."

    "I work back with bis and regulate myself to around 6 sets for bis, because of the heavy back work I do. I also train tris with shoulders keeping it to around 6-8 sets total for tris, because of the heavy shoulder work. I then work legs take a day off and hit pecs so they get maximum intensity without my tris wearing out first."

    Heavy compound exercises build big muscles, don't leave them out of your routine.
  32. yea!!!!!
    brk_nemesis's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  249 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,403
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Stallion83 View Post
    Yup thats it! Thats sucha weird technique I don't catch ppl in the gym doing lol. Zottmans I will do also but this arnold on I wanna se if the "pump" he calls works. Anyways thats a great idea and I will try those that u all told me. Pyramid up keeping it to 8-10 reps heavy intensity.
    I love arnold curls, but remember, slow negative, full stretch to the bottom w/o loosing the "contraction," curl to the shoulder, not the chest, and supinate. After all this, you should be burning like hell in the bi's.
  33. Registered User
    BignBad's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    64
    Answers
    0


    German Volume Training is you can handle it!
  34. Registered User
    timmmah's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    797
    Answers
    0


    I get the best pump from mixing bi's and tri's. I know I should change it up and focus on either one or the other sometimes, but it's hard without the motivation of seeing my arms blown up from bi/tri supersets. Slow twitch(heavy/low weight) followed by fast twitch(low weight high reps) muscle focus is important for the big pumps. For me anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by madds87 View Post
    Im not to fond of taking serm's for long periods of time....
  35. Registered User
    fightbackhxc's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,385
    Answers
    1


    concentrate on your bigger compound movements and your arms will grow!
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  36. Registered User
    CrownRoyal's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    329
    Answers
    0


    PFL
  37. Registered User
    timmmah's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    797
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by CrownRoyal View Post
    PFL
    PFL? WTF?
    Quote Originally Posted by madds87 View Post
    Im not to fond of taking serm's for long periods of time....
  38. Registered User
    shortstop1616's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    119
    Answers
    0


    If you workout out with a partner swith off with him

    Barbell curls 3 x 10
    21's 2 x 21
    Seated DB Curl with starting 10 second parallel hold to ground 2 x 10
    Hammer Curls 2 x 10
    Conc. Curls 2 x 10

    Should only take [B]14 minutes[B]

    If you workout by yourself.... take 30sec rest between sets


    www.vastmuscle.com
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Will this be to MUCH! Bigger arms?
    By SlyCamaro in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-25-2011, 02:44 PM
  2. Am I doing the right thing for bigger arms?
    By meiantse2 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-28-2009, 08:02 PM
  3. Need bigger arms
    By bkoguy07 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-25-2008, 02:20 PM
  4. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 05-28-2006, 01:25 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in