cutting advice pls!

  1. New Member
    elliotuk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  167 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    166
    Rep Power
    155
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    47.82%

    cutting advice pls!


    Ok so i only started properly going to the gym about 10 weeks ago, ive been stuffing my face with food and working out 6 times a week and have managed to go from 67kg to 75kg. I am looking more muscular but have put on a little fat on my stomach as well.

    Anyway ive been reading up in these forums and elsewhere and hear that after some time spent bulking I need to go through a cutting phase. I have decided to do that in 2 weeks simply because I would have finished all the supplements ive been taking.

    Anyway I need advice as to what exactly I should change during the cutting cycle in order to keep my muscle gains while losing my belly!

    Ofc i need less calories but should i keep my protein intake high while carb intake low?

    Also how should I change my workout at the gym.....should I still lift heavy 6-8 reps and just as often? Or should I ease back on the weights and increase reps ?

    Should i continue to take creatine during this time or give it a break?


    thx in advance

  2. Advanced Member
    spres444's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    651
    Rep Power
    401
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    29.44%

    look into carb cycling, or CKD diets.

    keep protein high, and carbs moderate to low. higher reps lesser weight and HIIT cardio and youll be shredded in no time =)
  3. New Member
    elliotuk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  167 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    166
    Rep Power
    155
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    47.82%

    Quote Originally Posted by spres444 View Post
    look into carb cycling, or CKD diets.

    keep protein high, and carbs moderate to low. higher reps lesser weight and HIIT cardio and youll be shredded in no time =)
    other thing that concerns me is that prior to starting at the gym 10 weeks ago i smoked 30/day for 8 years! Ive succesfully stayed off them for 10 weeks now but my lungs are still f**ked from these 8 years. Have tried a little cardio and really I cannot do more than 5-6 mins at the moment without getting close to collapse....horrible to see the damage smoking has done. I hope that I can still lose this fat without excessive cardio
    •   
       

  4. Advanced Member
    spres444's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    651
    Rep Power
    401
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    29.44%

    Quote Originally Posted by elliotuk View Post
    other thing that concerns me is that prior to starting at the gym 10 weeks ago i smoked 30/day for 8 years! Ive succesfully stayed off them for 10 weeks now but my lungs are still f**ked from these 8 years. Have tried a little cardio and really I cannot do more than 5-6 mins at the moment without getting close to collapse....horrible to see the damage smoking has done. I hope that I can still lose this fat without excessive cardio
    Try Low intensity cardio for a few weeks to get yourself back in shape. A speed of 3.5 on a high incline on the treadmill for 30 mins should be good.
  5. Senior Member
    TexasTitan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,186
    Rep Power
    667
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    63.51%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Cut down the road, not across.

    Har har har.
  6. New Member
    elliotuk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  167 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    166
    Rep Power
    155
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    47.82%

    anyone else any advice? should i stop the creatine while cutting?

    Also i read while looking up CKD that while cutting "you must not fall into the myth of lighter weights with higher reps. You got your muscle by benching 240, and you have to bench 240 to keep that same muscle!" what do people think about this? Is it true?
  7. New Member
    Filthy McNast's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Age
    47
    Posts
    67
    Rep Power
    108
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    62.06%

    Personally, I'm on a cut right now and I'm getting stronger and still hitting most compound lifts in the 6-10 rep range. I agree with what you quoted, you gained that muscle by lifting heavy it would not make sense if you want to keep your strength gains to do an 8 week cycle of high rep/low weight work. I think you eat high protein, moderate carbs, no carbs after 6 PM unless you lift at night, and relatively low fat with some heavy duty cardio thrown in. If the cardio affects your ability to lift heavy I suppose that's one thing, but to intentionally lighten the weights would not make much sense to me.
  8. New Member
    Filthy McNast's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Age
    47
    Posts
    67
    Rep Power
    108
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    62.06%

    If you are really trying to get rid of some of the fat around the belly area, you may want to lay off the creatine for the cutting cycle. Alot of the creatine causes bloating and water retention which can lead you to look a bit less ripped than you really are in your mid-section. I cycle on and off creatine routinely and always want to be on it during a bulking phase. Sometimes I get off it on a cut and at times I've stayed on. If you haven't cycled off in awhile, I would cycle off for this cut you are presently undertaking and give your body a break from the creatine for awhile.
  9. New Member
    elliotuk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  167 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    166
    Rep Power
    155
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    47.82%

    Quote Originally Posted by Filthy McNast View Post
    If you are really trying to get rid of some of the fat around the belly area, you may want to lay off the creatine for the cutting cycle. Alot of the creatine causes bloating and water retention which can lead you to look a bit less ripped than you really are in your mid-section. I cycle on and off creatine routinely and always want to be on it during a bulking phase. Sometimes I get off it on a cut and at times I've stayed on. If you haven't cycled off in awhile, I would cycle off for this cut you are presently undertaking and give your body a break from the creatine for awhile.
    ye its the first time ive ever cycled so will lay off the creatine then, thx for help!
  10. New Member
    Stallion83's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    467
    Rep Power
    304
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    92.68%

    Cut cretaine like most of the guys said I will agree on higher reps more cardio. I am doing cardio in the AM on a fasted state. Also tryna get into ckd mode keeping proteins high and carbs very minamal with good healthy fats in the mix. I am on an ECA stack too which helps a ton in shredding up. I drink a lot of water to keep hydrated and I cut out a lot of refined **** that got me back here in the first place so diet is key I don't think any of these guys would disagree. Try eatting 5-6 times smaller portions to keep metabolism high. Ok back to my cardio hope this helps!
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. cutting advice pls!
    By elliotuk in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-19-2009, 06:28 PM
  2. Looking for Advice..! Cutting up.. or trying
    By Obsidi8n in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-01-2009, 02:17 PM
  3. Need advice on cutting
    By toyoxrunner20 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-09-2008, 09:42 PM
  4. Cutting Advice.
    By xxtruxx1 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-16-2007, 03:16 AM
  5. Cutting Advice
    By TGx in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-03-2005, 06:17 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in