Pull up bar
- 03-03-2009, 06:48 PM
Pull up bar
im looking to install a pullup bar in my basement because i dont really have a good doorway for the hanging ones and was wondering anyone know any good cheap pull up bars you just screw in or is it better to just buy a heavy duty pipe drill a hole in a beam and put some grip on it ive heard a lot of people do this.
- 03-03-2009, 06:52 PM
- 03-03-2009, 07:39 PM
That 'perfect pull up' thing looks pretty sweet; but it costs like 60 bones. If you're a cheap ass, you can always make a run to home depot. The one I made works quite well.
03-03-2009, 07:51 PM
For your basement you could make your own like this pic below. However, I would put 2 bolts next to each other instead of just on in the middle. This will keep it from rocking if you are doing things like kipping pull ups etc. Prolly cost 10 bucks at most.
ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
Strongest On The Market
RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222
03-03-2009, 08:39 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By philek9 in forum BulkingReplies: 10Last Post: 02-10-2011, 02:46 PM
- By brownstown89 in forum Powerlifting/StrongmanReplies: 6Last Post: 04-22-2010, 04:10 PM
- By Bigguy851 in forum Training ForumReplies: 31Last Post: 02-03-2009, 12:53 PM
- By MEH89 in forum Training ForumReplies: 8Last Post: 09-07-2008, 10:15 PM
- By jbono731 in forum Training ForumReplies: 14Last Post: 02-16-2008, 08:30 PM