Favorite Lift

AllMaxBrian

Awards
The "Seldom Seen Lifts" thread inspired me to make this one. Is there any lift that you really look forward to? Why?

For me, it's squats. I like them because I can feel practically every muscle in my body working, from my legs to my core, driving that weight up towards the ceiling.

jtp217

jtp217

Awards
Either front squats or deadlifts. I suck horribly at both which is why I like them. Nothing like a challenge.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
deads. nothing else gives me the "gym high"

AllMaxBrian

Awards
Yeah, deads are a solid choice, you can really feel your entire body working, I love that.

stosh517

stosh517

Awards
deads totally...close second is heavy cable crossovers...always gives me an insane pump...

Matt6969

Awards
  • Established
if this counts pullups, because i just enjoy doing them.

thaOrleanyte

thaOrleanyte

Awards
  • Established
dumbell flies........... cause i make em look sooooooooo goooooooooooood

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Curls because I never really did them before. Always focused moreso on triceps and trying to hit areas I have neglected. Can't say deads or Squats are a favorite because when i'm done i'm completely exhausted and hurting... I enjoy the pump and the effects of them but I never enjoy them while doing them.

thaOrleanyte

thaOrleanyte

Awards
  • Established
least favorite............. that fukin forearms curling bar where u gotta twist a weight up on a rope. it's a forearm building monster but i think it was a form of torture in ancient Egypt.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Reverse Hypers have got to be my favorite exercise, depending on how you do them they can leave you feeling great or they can make you not want to walk for a couple days.

Here is one of the most fun exercise I do, its a reverse band bench press set up metal militia style. You get no assistance at the top of the lift, but about 250 lbs of assistance at the bottom. I am in the one in the yellow shirt:

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
Deads all teh way

AllMaxBrian

Awards
Reverse Hypers have got to be my favorite exercise, depending on how you do them they can leave you feeling great or they can make you not want to walk for a couple days.

Here is one of the most fun exercise I do, its a reverse band bench press set up metal militia style. You get no assistance at the top of the lift, but about 250 lbs of assistance at the bottom. I am in the one in the yellow shirt:
Wow, I've never seen that one before, looks pretty cool.

freqfly

freqfly

Awards
  • Established
Lately for me it's been good ole' flat bb bench. I had some past wrist issues that really prevented me from pushing to hard, but they have diminished so I've been able to push myself much more. Love db hammer curls too.

warriors34

Awards
Its for football =]
how do i get em up faster?(the weight)

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Deadlifts, because it works my weak parts (back, traps, glutes)

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established

Forget the lift, what a great song!!! :D

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
1) Weighted Chins ss. Heavy Cable Rows
2) Romanian Deadlift or partial Deadlift
3) DB Press

bubbachew

Awards
  • Established
Floor presses and decline BB skull crushers...I'm lovin' leg presses right now too

Liquid13

Liquid13

Awards
  • Established
I love bb bench and squats. I really want to get into deadlifts but I don't know proper form. I'm going to do a little research right now.

thaOrleanyte

thaOrleanyte

Awards
  • Established
deads are money! you wont be disappointed but make sure to watch your back.

AllMaxBrian

Awards
Deadlifts are very rewarding in terms of strength and pretty fun. Here's a video to help you figure out the form:
[youtube]8-O_MT72rck[/youtube]

Liquid13

Liquid13

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for those posts thaOrleanyte and AllMaxBrian. It is greatly appreciated!!

Liquid13

Liquid13

Awards
  • Established
So it's like a half squat, but back lowers more?

joelast

joelast

Awards
I actually can't single out just one... There are no lifts that I dislike (with the exception of that sh*t on those big balls). Back's def my favorite day though.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good instructional vid except for one crucial part is off: on the eccentric portion of the lift, you do not slowly lower the weight, you drop it to the floor (more or less).

fieldt76

Awards
Skull Crushers and Bent Over Barbell Rows for me, although it's hard for me to keep form when I try to go really heavy on the rows.

thaOrleanyte

thaOrleanyte

Awards
  • Established
I suggest some heavy grippers..... i got 100/150/200/250/300

they r pretty rough but bo your hands up! Im gettin kung fu grip! I can only close the 200 maybe 4 times. its great sh!t

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
squats i hate deadlifts but do them anyway