Chaffing.....

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So... I recently started to develop a chaffing problem... It is been popin up when I run here and there but is getting worse to where just simply walking for extended periods of time (like at work) I start to chaff real badly. It is like right inbetween the thighs sorta behind the scrotum area and even on my taint!!! I am serious here it is gettin annoying, I had gotten some underarmour underwear shorts to help but its gettin ridiclous to wear them nearly everyday..

any suggestions? or anyone with similar problems and how you solved it?

I actually tried to research it and found a product bicyclist use called body glide. Dont know if it is legit and will work.. any info on that too would be good

Thanks for the help and so for the graphic description

glg

glg

Awards
  • Established
well you might try the old babypowder solution. Boxers instead of briefs. And how tight are the upper pant legs? Do you need to get a fuller cut in the thigh part of the pants?

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wear boxers when it happens... briefs are actually a lil better as it puts a barrier between my thighs from rubbing but now it is gettin chaffed on my taint.. i dunno what to do its driving me insane havin to waddle like a penguin

I try and put some babypowder on tomorow for work see how that works.. I was thinkin maybe vaseline...

glg

glg

Awards
  • Established
no vaseline that will make things sticky, it's not a lubricant. It will rub like when you are sweaty. You need a smooth dry surface . Also is it with all pants/shorts or just jeans etc.?

Baby powder may seem funky and has it's own smell but it's been a stand by for years & years

wrkn4bigrmusles

Awards
  • Established
drill sergeant told us to use foot powder to heal the chaff.. i think thast was before goldbond... i wear underarmor undies now everyday... no chaffin..

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yea but that underarmour gets expensive at $20 a pair

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
Here's what I use; not too pricey and it works:

drivehard

drivehard

Awards
  • Established
you can get compression shorts other than underarmor. I buy mine at sams club...champion brand. Work great!

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
you can get compression shorts other than underarmor. I buy mine at sams club...champion brand. Work great!
thanks for the tip.. I didn't realize other brands had em too.. do the have the long sleeve tops there too?

ticco

ticco

Awards
  • Established
tj maxx/marshalls usually has the under armor and nike dri-fit pretty cheap too i got a top for 7 bucks there last week,