3 months till baseball season re starts

Bigguy851

Bigguy851

Awards
I have 3 months till the season starts again. I am a pitcher, I am wondering if there is anyone in here that knows a good workout rountine that I can do 4 days a week with also incororporating pitching into it also. I am in need of some good advice on this I am needing to get into tip top shape for this season. All advide and tips are welcome.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
i'm not a sports player, but here's my thoughts

any tri, delt, or trap workout would help. clean and press would also help. on that note:

dips, reverse grip tricep pushdown, rope pushdowns, military press, shrugs (try them seated). and clean and press.

hopefully thats the correct answer. you could also try total body training, which is great for improving functional strength. but its all around strength, so not technically answering your question. if thats the route you would like to persue, you can do them every other day - once your body gets used to it - one workout every 5 days for 10 days, every 4 days for 12 days, every 3 days for 9, then every other day (soreness is an issue initially). it would be an every other day workout, and i can speak volumes about its increase in functional strength, so three workouts one week, then 4 the next, etc. here's that workout, and should be done within 30 minutes (supersets are required), ideally in 20 minutes:

WORKOUT # 1

Squats (ATG) 4x10
Pull ups (close, med, wide, med) 4x10
Deadlift to shrug 4x10
Military Press 4x10
Push Ups 4x25 (my strong suit, alter to taste, no less than 10)
Floor Wiper 4x10 (look up on youtube)

WORKOUT # 2

Lunges 4x10
Bench Press 4x10
Clean and Press 4x10
Sumo Deadlift to shrug 4x10
Overhead Squat 4x10
V - Grip Pullup 4x10

WORKOUT # 3

Incline Bench Press 4x10
Floor wipers 4x10
Chin Ups (close, med, wide, med) 4x10
Dips 4x10
Upright Row (smith machine) 4x10
The Sled 4x10

shortstop1616

Awards
with only 3 months until the season begins you should be lifting to increase strength with reps in the 6-8 range. www.vastmuscle.com updates there workouts for all different sports all year round. They do speed and agility too.