• No

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Depends on how sick i am

Votes: 29 56.9%

• Total voters
NerdFlexd

NerdFlexd

Awards
Do you workout when you have a cold or other minor sickness, or take a break until your well?

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
Light exercise is ok, but an intense workout with weights might slow down the healing process. Of course, what you should do and what actually going to happen is a bit different, imo. I will always make it to the gym unless I'm really sick.

mmzawa

mmzawa

Awards
it really depends how sick you are, i mean if u have a minor cold, hell yea go pump the weights, but if u have a fever or something along that nature, get better!

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
If it's something major, it totally throws off my lift, rendering it pretty much pointless anyways. If it's a cold or something minor, I can get through it pretty well.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
I work out even when sick.......

Unless body fluids(waste or vomit) are leaving my body, I will go to the gym....

It has been years since that has happened..........decades actually.

DreamOfWeight

DreamOfWeight

Awards
  • Established
yaa u asshol*s that workout sick.lolol.. thats why i got sick, from someone in the gym.. i was out for 3 weeks. i lost like 10 lbs.

get better, then hit the weights.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
yaa u asshol*s that workout sick.lolol.. thats why i got sick, from someone in the gym.. i was out for 3 weeks. i lost like 10 lbs.

get better, then hit the weights.

I dont believe that shite...........

wash your damn hands...........thats where 99% of the damn germs come from............

DreamOfWeight

DreamOfWeight

Awards
  • Established
me? lol i always jump in the steam room after a workout then straight to the showers.

and oh... its my fault i got sick? i also take vitaminC before and after a workout

EDIT: and bottom line is that if ur sick you shouldent be in a public place shaking hands and touching doors and crap.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I felt major colds coming on and slight feverish, but after a good run it was smashed, but for me it's one of those listen to your body kind of things. I can tell if I'm good to go or should go work out or if it'll only make it worse.

liquid

liquid

Awards
  • Established
Cold, cough, is no problem.
Diarrhea, flu, is totally a different story.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
If its a slight issue, then i can still do cardio. But i dont do weights when I have a cold or whatnot, it drains ALL of my strength. Rather just take a few days to recoop, the muscles are more than ready by the time you get back to make up for it.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
if im SICK then no... if I am slightly under the weather with the sniffles or small cough then ya I will do a workout with les intensity and it tends to help it actually.... SICK still is different to me, if Im all achey, have a temp and the chills or am shiittin my brains out no thank you I rest up.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
im around lots of people and lots of kids..........

Im telling,,,,,,,,,,,,,wash those d i c k beaters and you will be just fine.....

or your body is weak and cant fight off illness....

I wash my hands when entering the gym and when exiting, I make it a point not to touch face or eyes while in the gym..... Then i wash hands at home again prior to making post workout drink.....

I get sick once a year or less.......... usually 3 days.......

NerdFlexd

NerdFlexd

Awards
Thanks for all the input. Next time its just the sniffles i'll shake it off with a good run.

D

dommer

Banned
Awards
it always makes me feel better ill lift like normal and then go sit in the sauna for 30mins i have yet to find a cold that i couldnt work threw

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I work out even when sick.......

Unless body fluids(waste or vomit) are leaving my body, I will go to the gym....

It has been years since that has happened..........decades actually.
agreed, i also dont workout when i have a fever

but ill goto the gym if i have diareah or something, just make sure its not leg day, and that i get as much out as i can before hand lol

throwing up is different. if i do it and feel better ill go, ....

theres always circumstances

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
if i have a cold i wont lift too heavy,but if i got a fever or my body aches then ill just wait till i get better.2 days max!

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
Being sick is when I have to take off work or not do other things. If I am sick there is no way I am going to the gym. I can't give it my all when I'm sick. A cold or something,that's fine.

glaze1353

glaze1353

Awards
if the sickness is only above the neck then go for it but keep the intensity lower then you usually would but if its a sickness making u dizzy and your body tired then let your body rest

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
do the head test.
if your symptoms are above your neck then don't be a pussy and work out!
if your symptoms are below your neck, take the rest.

O

onimusha

Awards
i wud suggest take a week off for recovery, and take 10 grams of glutamine to help fast recovery. if ur sick means ur over fatigue, REST is the best solution.

Tone

Tone

Awards
  • Established
Funny i saw this post today! I went to the gym this morning and about mid way through my chest workout i got stomach craps.. thought i had to duece, while i was sittin on the throne, i had to puke, puked 4 times, all water... needless to say i went home, i was all shaky and weak, it would have been pointless to finish..hope its just the 24 hour bug...

I agree, with just the sniffles I workout as much as I can but its all up to the way each individual feels... just make sure to drink PLENTY of water

G

Gus1986

Awards
I used to work in a pharmacy and I got sick ALL the time. I kinda got used to working out sick... I would be in the gym squattin heavy with a 101 fever or bronchitis. After I left the pharmacy I never got sick again... When I did work out sick I would always wear gloves and wash my hands before and after working out. Even being sick all the time I still saw some minor gains