training question confusing

cessna

cessna

Awards
this is my question

it is bad to train biceps and triceps the day after training chets and shoulders? thanks

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
depends. the truth is everyone will tell you something different. honestly, i did this with great success. however.... if you train your chest with DB's and try training your triceps the next day, you're in for a world of hurt (at least if you keep the DB's close to your body). the real factor here is : are they sore after a chest workout or the next day before your arm workout? if yes, then its bad to train them. if not, go ahead and rip them apart.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Yes. Your triceps will be significantly weaker because they will have been taxed the night before. The same applies to back and biceps.

cessna

cessna

Awards
hey thanks for the advices.....no not at all my triceps are not sore after chest training......usually this is my split any adivice or critique is welcome my arms are my weakest point

monday: chest---shoulders/ abs

tuesday: arms----biceps

wednesday: cardio at morning (no weight lifting)

thursday: lats/traps/low back/abs

friday: quads/hams/calves

i change my split every 3 weeks-----(actually i doing power/rep range/ schock training

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
weak point arms.... the classic problem. the solution is simple (relatively). do 3-4 sets of 8-10 reps each of the following supersets:
close grip bench
weighted chin ups (underhand grip)
weighted dips
barbell curls