How to do Squat & DeadLift without targetting the gluteus?

anabolicmuscles

Awards
as per title, I've seen a thread on here about that,but I can't find it. It was something with leg position, not going to the flloor in squat and legs positioned widely or something like that.

I think it would be very helpful if someone knows about this with illustartions?
Thanks

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
as per title, I've seen a thread on here about that,but I can't find it. It was something with leg position, not going to the flloor in squat and legs positioned widely or something like that.

I think it would be very helpful if someone knows about this with illustartions?
Thanks
If you want more emphasis on the quads, do either high bar squats, front squats, or zercher squats with a narrow stance. As for deads I would say try to keep your upper body pretty vertical and pull mainly with your legs, keep the weight moderate though.

anabolicmuscles

Awards
TBH I do not want to get my legs bigger , they are already well defined,always been like that genetically. When I was 16-17 I've managed to squat 100kg for 2 times. Basically they were my strongest body part compraed to upper body. Then I've stopped training for some 6-7 years and they have always stayed defined even veins have been visible all the time. A year back I've started training again. I personally feel that my arse looks big in some jeans,but when I've been wearing some slim fit ones I've been told by friends that I have no arse. I went through an eating disorder episode last year,think I'm ok for now though.

The main reason I am asking and want to incorporate these exercises in my routine is that I know of them being a natural testosterone booster.

Otherwise I wouldn't bother with squat/deadlift and right now I'm training them in isolation i.e. quads/calves/hamstrings.

I could be well wrong but wasn't it the other way around with feet wide apart?I've seen something like this on exrx.net but the link is not here now.

I've not been in the game for quite a while,nutrition I think is spot on though-been reading on it for years.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Wide stance will involve your hips, glutes, and hamstrings more. You can read any Westside Barbell article on squatting and it will tell you that. If you want the max hormonal boost from these lifts without hypertrophy just go for sets of 1-3 at about 90-95% of your 1 rep max. Testosterone release occurs when a muscle is stressed with a close to maximal load, hypertrophy occurs when a muscle is under tension for a extended period of time. If you do heavy sets with a lot of speed you will get strong as hell but wont grow much.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
People do deads for back first a foremost and hams a distant second.

If you're trying to iso your back do rack pulls. If you're trying to iso your hams do good mornings.

If you're trying to iso quads do front squats.

anabolicmuscles

Awards
still aren't these involving the gluteus as a synergists?

I'm not bothered to do any of these for other reason than boosting the testosterone levels. making 1-3 reps of these do make sense though.
I've found a link :
Large Glutes
There they suggest 12-15 plus HIIT
however for my goal of increasing the testosterone it would be definately better in the 1-3 rep range.
thing is I do like my fashion pants and do not want to change my wardrobe.
I've trimmed my waist down to <24" and sometimes I do think it's all in my head that my ass is huge. In some mirrors it seems fine, in others.. oh hell. I'm 6ft 1" ,could be just visually due to the size of my waist

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
I've trimmed my waist down to <24" and sometimes I do think it's all in my head that my ass is huge. In some mirrors it seems fine, in others.. oh hell. I'm 6ft 1" ,could be just visually due to the size of my waist
I know the feeling man, when you focus on a particular bodypart that you don't like, it only seems to make it worse. I could have sworn that my love handles grew while I was looking at them in the mirror the other day. My point being, the more you focus on it, the worse it's going to seem. The hardest part is stopping yourself from getting into the negative place where your body makes you feel bad. It's one thing to assess your progress in the mirror, its another to obsess about it. The trick is to try to catch yourself before you get negative. Hopefully, my words will be helpful.

Also, in regards to having ass thing. There is nothing wrong with having a big ass. Mine is friggin huge and it rocks. I get tons of of drive-by ass pinches by attractive chicks in the club and plenty of complements to boot. I even had one girl come up to me out of the blue and tell me that her and her friends were staring at my ass all night. :think: It seems that large hindquaters are loved by all except those who possess them.