Rugger

Awards
  • Established
no/depends on how much she got for 10bucks

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Depends on the quality too. How much ECGC? How many mg's per serving??

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
$10 buys f*ck all these days so either way it's not a biggie, 30 day supply for $10 sounds like an average deal to me.

Boyders

Boyders

Awards
  • Established
Not the most efficient weight loss supp imo but ECGC has shown to be a great fat loss aid. She will really just have to watch her diet and git 'er done with some cardio and the fat will slip away

EDIT: Is your avi your sister? :chick: :pose:

Ziquor

Ziquor

Awards
  • Established
Damn, the 'my friend' thread just turned into a 'my sister' thread :)

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Green Tea is still a decent anti-oxidant.

jdev

Awards
  • Established
Probably depending on the egcg content. She should have gotten Tea-GCG nutracaps.

lector606

lector606

Awards
meh, what's the worst case scenario? she gets some antioxidants. i'm sure she's dropped ten bucks on far worse things in the past

Boyders

Boyders

Awards
  • Established
last time I dropped 10 bucks on something cheap, i ended up with the clap

ba boom chiiing

pantherdude63

pantherdude63

Awards
  • Established
MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
last time I dropped 10 bucks on something cheap, i ended up with the clap

ba boom chiiing

:clap2: So someone did that when you dropped the money....i dont see whats wrong with a little applause for saving some green...but in brolics sisters case...its eating the Green! OOHHHH ill be here all week fellas dont worry...haha

$10, worth it. A try at least

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
Green Tea is still a decent anti-oxidant.
she brought some green tea caps and green tea gum for cardio sessions

might want to reconsider the benefits of anti-oxidants, especially during a green tea gum chewing cardio session.

MYTH: Using antioxidants post workout enhances recovery.

Here’s a myth that just makes sense: we work out, cause all kinds of damage to our bodies, then we use antioxidants to help clean up the mess. Simple and sweet. The reality? Neither simple or sweet. In fact, it may not surprise you to find that there is a clear lack of data on antioxidant supplementation following exercise.
Taking a step back to look at the basis for the theory, it’s been shown that damaging eccentric exercise didn’t change the normal levels of our body’s antioxidants (Child et al., 1999). In other words, our body has a natural antioxidant defense capability, and this was not stressed at all despite the exercise and the subsequent muscle damage.
This is contradicted by other data showing that there is an impact of exercise on natural antioxidant levels (Lee et al., 2002; Goldfarb et al., 2005), but clearly the case is not closed. With this conflicting research, you’d have to wonder if antioxidant supplementation would have any effect at all! Oh it does, my oxidized friend, but the effects are not what we’d expect!
Once again, here’s one of the most underrated research papers of the last 5 years—take note folks because this is one of those studies you need to know about. This groundbreaking research by Childs and buddies (2001) examined the impact of post workout antioxidant supplementation on subsequent muscle damage and healing.
You’ll be shocked to know they found that this practice actually increased muscle damage and delayed recovery! That’s right, the microtrauma experienced by the muscle cells was exacerbated by the antioxidants. With this, the greater the damage, the more time it takes to repair.
It seems that there are pro-oxidant effects happening here, meaning that the "antioxidants" actually started causing the damage they were meant to clean up! While this effect is thought to occur with excessive antioxidant use, it’s surprising that these effects were seen at a Vitamin C dosage of ~1100mg and ~900mg N-Acetyl Cysteine per day, for a 200 lb guy, neither of which are all that incredibly high. To my knowledge, this is the only study to investigate antioxidant supplementation after strength training. This makes the findings incredibly powerful because they are directly applicable to us! On a personal note, I was pretty blown away when I read this paper because I’d been using Vitamin C post workout for years. While these data aren’t strong enough to make me swear off antioxidants altogether, they clearly show that we can overdo it quite easily with these supplements. More importantly, these data help us rethink the post workout window dogma.

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
hank V knows his sh*t so listen up

:thumbsup:

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
not really - this will help with the weight. the question is what is the quality and quantity for how much she paid.

smshannon001

smshannon001

Awards
  • Established
Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
hank V knows his sh*t so listen up

:thumbsup:
thanks for the ego boost bunit!
i might have a little bro science tucked away in my head, but i for sure know how to use google. lol.