Creatine and head aches

badbart

badbart

Awards
  • Established
Creatine and headaches

I’m getting bad headaches since starting creatine and I'm drinking lots o water. Anyone have a solution?

Last edited:
RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
2 gallons of water per day should help.

badbart

badbart

Awards
  • Established
2 gallons of water per day should help.

Wow thats a lot, I'll give it a try. I drink a cup of coffee in the morning should I quit the coffee? Creatine seems to be working for me so I would hate to have to stop.

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
Thats interesting because Kre-Alkalyn is supposed to be a side effect free creatine.

"A number of negative side-effects can arise from increased creatinine levels, among them; stomach cramps and bloating, diarrhea, indemia, water retention, dehydration, headaches, liver and kidney problems and creatinine poisoning. These side-effects are caused by the body's internal self-defense mechanism reacting to save itself from the ingested toxins by diluting it with water."

Creatinine is supposedly what mono turns into immediately after digestion, and the Kre-Alkalyn is supposed to NOT do that.

badbart

badbart

Awards
  • Established
Thats interesting because Kre-Alkalyn is supposed to be a side effect free creatine.

"A number of negative side-effects can arise from increased creatinine levels, among them; stomach cramps and bloating, diarrhea, indemia, water retention, dehydration, headaches, liver and kidney problems and creatinine poisoning. These side-effects are caused by the body's internal self-defense mechanism reacting to save itself from the ingested toxins by diluting it with water."

Creatinine is supposedly what mono turns into immediately after digestion, and the Kre-Alkalyn is supposed to NOT do that.
I seem to get a headache about an hour or two after I take the Kre-Alkalyn. I've been drinking water all day and i seems to be helping a little.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Water and sodium, you may be drinking enough water but don't have the sodium to transport it correctly. Powerade just came out with a zero calorie formula that has a good amount of electrolytes.

badbart

badbart

Awards
  • Established
Water and sodium, you may be drinking enough water but don't have the sodium to transport it correctly. Powerade just came out with a zero calorie formula that has a good amount of electrolytes.

I'm mixing up a a electrolyte Hammer HEED drink right now and we will see if it helps. I'll keep you guys updated in the next few days to see it it helps.

JaredGalloway

Awards
  • Established
is it a "migraine" type headache or more of a lightheadedness...cause if its the latter then it might just be a raise in NOS production...but krealkalyn shouldnt raise NOS production...this is the only thing i can think of...

SMOKEPALADIN

SMOKEPALADIN

Awards
  • Established
Have you checked your blood pressure to make sure its normal?, just wondering, maybe something else is going on not creatine related.

badbart

badbart

Awards
  • Established
migraine type headache, and I'll take my blood pressure.

lawman24601

lawman24601

Awards
I had a similar ordeal about 3 years ago. I went to the school nurse and told her my ordeal. She was lead to believe that my electrolyte levels were really low due to the crazy amount of water I was drinking. I went out and picked up some Gatorade to mix with my Creatine Mono. and the headaches were gone. I'm not sure if it will help in your situation but it is something to think about.

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
lawman-do u mix the creatine with the gatorade? i do...

badbart

badbart

Awards
  • Established
No headache yet today. I drank the creatine with Heed so maybe its working and I've been drinking lots of water.

badbart

badbart

Awards
  • Established
I quit the ceatine, my head aches stopped but my endurance in my Martial Arts class was terrible. Ceatine just doesn't seem to agree with me.

:nutkick: :whiner: