sleep aids

Blue_moon

Awards
Fellas, I am wondering if any you have a good recommendation for a sleep aid supp? I use ZMA nightly and I am wondering if I could addition something into that mix (besides velrian root or melatonin)?

I'm reading up on:
X-dream
PowerFull

any insight, experience or other recommendations?

12STEP

Awards
  • Established
powerfull works pretty good ,but my old stand buy is 5mg melatonin and 3g of gaba if you mix that with your zma you should be good to go.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Somnidren is the most potent sleep aid out there. If you have the dough, go for it.

Knockout and Nocturnabol are both excellent, too, but they don't tend to make me sleepy; it's only once I'm asleep that I feel their benefits.

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
I'm running a log of Somnidren GH and ZMK right now and let me tell you.... IT KNOCKS YOU OUT FOR THE COUNT! If you got the cash I would recommend.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Somnidren for the win...look around there should be quite a few logs to check at the moment

subweevil

subweevil

Awards
  • Established
Big fan of Nocturnabol, GABA, ZMA, and Macuna Pruriens, but I'm looking forward to trying the Somnidren and ZMK stack, as I'm only hearing good things about it.

mr j

Awards
there is another bigger thread about this. look it up u will find some great info. i did

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've seen results from PowerFULL and Lean dreams. I normally sleep well though and for those nights I can't get to sleep and need to, i grab a tylenol PM. Rx wise, i've used Ambien and it will put you to sleep and keep you there unless you mix alcohol with it but that's another story :)

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
powerful was an amazing sleep aid for the first few months then it seemed like it was less effective. i would wake up in the morning and felt very refreshed for the first few months of using it. phenibut will knock you out but you will be very groggy in the morning and it should only be used once in a while.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Mate - PowerFull works even if your sleep is broken.

I have 1yr old twins, I should know. At it's worst, I was operating on 4hrs broken sleep max, with at least 3 bottle runs a night.

And the calming effect it had on my nerves during the day...

I can not sing high enough praises of PowerFull.

Oh yeah, and it's great preWO too.
:cheers:

lawman24601

lawman24601

Awards
I love X-Dream! The Mrs. and I swear by it. I haven't tried any other stuff mentioned in this thread so please understand that this is a bit biased. The only way I can describe the effect for me is : "You know that feeling when you wake up some mornings when the sheets are the perfect temperature and you're so comfortable that you don't want to leave the bed?" - That's the feeling you get PRIOR to even getting into bed with X-Dream! Once you wake up you FEEL like you're ready to start the day- no drowsiness at all. Keep in mind though that you can build a tolerance rather easily to the product.

polo

polo

Awards
get melatonin its great considering its price just 2-3 dollars for 100 capsules
plus its awesome.

luxxor

Awards
Started using LEAN DREAMS - just because I received a sample... love it!

Ziquor

Ziquor

Awards
  • Established
I've probably tried nearly every sleep aid OTC & prescription and as far as OTC goes Abyss is by far the best IMO. Excellent mix & seemingly precise amounts.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Phenibut! Neurobalance was the best! (and still is for me, I have a nice stash). It's a heavy heavy gaba agonist. Take an ativan with that and you're not only out super quick, but you're not waking up for 8 solid hours lol.

I've tried everything else, Abyss, Somnidren, Lean Dreams, etc...nothing touched the effectiveness of a nice double dose of neurobalance (which was basically a more potent form of phenibut).

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've probably tried nearly every sleep aid OTC & prescription and as far as OTC goes Abyss is by far the best IMO. Excellent mix & seemingly precise amounts.
this is good to hear. there are so many excellent sleep aids out right now, and its great that Abyss keeps getting positive feedback

gibbob2

gibbob2

Awards
  • Established
save your money and but melatonin. 3mg a night will knock you out.

all else fails, jerk off... that usually makes people pass out pretty fast!

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
I have used Lean dreams, ZMK, Powerful, X-Dreams and Melatonin. I liked them all but Lean dreams worked best for me.

TruffleShuffle

Awards
  • Established
I've just started on Powerfull & ZMK. Its odd tho, if i take both at the same time they seem to cancel each other out and nothing happens.

Now i take Powerfull, wait 15-20 minutes and take ZMK. Much better.

TonyMoFo

Awards
Powerfull works for me. Puts me in a deep deep sleep sometimes. Works in less than 20 min when I take it.:bruce3:

vette00

vette00

Awards
Can u take zma and Somnidren at the same time or would it be to much and they would cancel each other out?

MaxGolf

MaxGolf

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • Established
take a look at Primordial Performance. Dream Tea and Sleep Scent

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i have tried everything. The only things that really work well are prescriptions. Clonazpan is really great although its more for aanxiety. First you have decide why you cant sleep well. If you have to much anxity get an anxioltic, if you can fall asleep, then something like ambien. Benadryl (Liquid form is the best!) always works, but you can take it on a consitent basis

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I agree prescriptions can be great...nothing could ever match the combo of lorazepam and neurobalance (phenibut). Stimulates gaba through two seperate pathways, probably the closest you can get to ghb..although neither my dr nor I really know how safe this can be so I wouldn't try this at home..I just know it works out for me on occassion ;) Probably not too safe for ppl with sleep apnea.

Ziquor

Ziquor

Awards
  • Established
No doubt prescription benzodiazepines work but they lose their potency after time and you find yourself taking more & more. Also when it's time to stop taking them your anxiety and sleep problems rebound worse than they ever were, even when you taper.

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
true about benzoipedines, but clonazpan(klonopin) isn't as bad in this regard. Ive been takign .5 or 1 gram for a year with no problems.

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I agree prescriptions can be great...nothing could ever match the combo of lorazepam and neurobalance (phenibut). Stimulates gaba through two seperate pathways, probably the closest you can get to ghb..although neither my dr nor I really know how safe this can be so I wouldn't try this at home..I just know it works out for me on occassion ;) Probably not too safe for ppl with sleep apnea.
How would you compare phenibut to a benzopendine?

Ziquor

Ziquor

Awards
  • Established
true about benzoipedines, but clonazpan(klonopin) isn't as bad in this regard. Ive been takign .5 or 1 gram for a year with no problems.
Klonopin is one of the most potent benzo's by far. Used much in epilepsy patients.

Benzodiazepines produce their effects from modulating the Gaba-A receptors. Phenibut has very minimal effects on Gaba-A but rather gets most of it's effects through modulating the Gaba-B receptors instead. Thus it's somewhat similar to benzo's in certain ways but not as strong, also not nearly as addictive. Though the potential for abuse is there in some individuals. The issue with Phenibut is a tolerance builds up extremely quickly and it'll quit exerting effects when taken daily. Cycling it is much better.

The 1st couple times I used Phenibut I had absurd 'sleep hangovers' the next days. In fact the 1st time I took it, I got really tired and went to bed just to wake up 12 hours later feeling like I hadn't slept. IMO one of the worst sides from Phenibut when using for sleep is it gives many people temporary sleep apnea. I like the day time mental clarity effects it exerts at low doses though. If I use it again it'll be very sporadically and at low doses.

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
what you said totally makes sens. Im probally not going to try it. I already have a script for klonopin