Missing which of these makes you OCD ?

Missing which of these makes you OCD ?

• Total voters

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Some people are so into bodybuilding/powerlifting that they get nervous, OCD, mental breakdown, etc if they miss diet or training. Which are you ?

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
not neccessarily OCD, just strict

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
For me, if I miss a meal or eat a cheat meal, I'm pretty cool about it, but if I missed a day I should be in the gym training it really bothers me.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
I can't say I have missed a gym day for a couple years, but I f*** up on my diet a lot and usually get pretty ticked off at myself. I can usually let it go by the end of the day though.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If im off doing something else, all I can think of is "dam i'd rather be at the gym right now."

I went twice today :D

As far as diet I can eat very high calorie and never gain any bodyfat.....love it. (not junk or fast food crap)

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
OCD is when you get caught up in a compulsion causing an end result of wasted time due to the long and drawn-out process these compulsions can create.

A better example would be ensuring that the plates are perfectly alligned, getting on the bar, gripping your hands exactly 12 times, doing 6 "mini pullup thingies" that you'll see some people doing, gripping the bar 6 more times, yelling "alright", in order to start the bench press. If at any point you were to screw up (i.e. accidentally gripping the bar 13 times), you would have to get up and start over.

You wouldn't experience OCD with any of these, but rather a feeling of guilt and motivation to overcompensate your mishap. This is more akin to bulimia nervosa.

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
^ Yeah, I was thinking OCD wasn't the word (acronym) he was looking for.

I'd have to say missing a day of training. Makes me feel pretty sh!tty. I can always work off a cheat meal, but I can't eat off a missed workout!

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I used to play hockey with a kid who looked EXACTLY like that guy. It was creepy.

But yeah, supercompensating for like a cheat meal or a missed workout to the point where it negatively affects your health or lifestyle is non-purging bulimia nervosa (unless of course, you puke up your cheat meals).

To humor your thread, I go crazy when I flat out miss a meal. When it's feedin' time, and I'm not feedin', I get really really irritable for about an hour or two and am not all that pleasant to be around. Then the lack of food energy kicks in, and I get really mellow and tired.

LT*

LT*

Awards
  • Established
For me, if I miss a meal or eat a cheat meal, I'm pretty cool about it, but if I missed a day I should be in the gym training it really bothers me.

Same here. I hate missing training days.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
For me, it is harder to get upset over eating, b/c you just drop the food down the hatch and that's that.

However even if you do go to the gym and train, you can still be tired, missing reps, not being able to hit certain weights. Training is so much more dynamic, so that's probably why I get more worked up about that.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
The thing the probably frustrates me the most is when I take a supplement, usually stims, right when I wake up. Then I wait about 30 minutes and have some kind of quick shake and then off to the gym about 30 minutes after that. Once in a while when I get to the gym my damn blood sugar will be so low that I will just not be able to function for like 15-20 more minutes until the shake hits me. I have tried so many different shake combinations of simple/complex carbs, MCT's, different proteins, etc and there is no rhyme or reason to when its going to happen.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Planned time off I am ok with.

Unplanned is a different story... It bothers me but I get over it.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I agree with planned time off doesn't bother me.

But if i miss a day due to some other reason it pisses me off. I train 3 days a week, so if i miss 1 day, it ****s my whole week up.

If i cheat 1 meal, it isn't that big of a deal as it is only 1 meal out of a weeks 40+ meals.

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
I get upset at myself when I eat a cheat meal, and real hungry when I miss a meal :frustrate

Missing gym days is really what upsets me the most.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
^ Yeah, I was thinking OCD wasn't the word (acronym) he was looking for.
Agreed.
I think the word would be "anal" as in anal retentive.
This best sums up my own psuedopsychopathic outlook, in which I structure meals, training etc. first around other things that need done (appointments, ballgames, family outings, etc.)..
Yes, I am this anal..

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established
missing a couple of workouts really doesnt stress me.
mainly because usually it happens very little.
but I have a horrendous sweet tooth.
and I get really mad at myself when I lose my disclipline about that.
saturday is my 'cheat' day... but I'll eat like two bags of cookies and a gallon of country time lemonade....

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
I usually never miss a training day, but I suspect it will happen more often now that it's summer and I'll most likely just conform my agenda to the way I feel rather than a rigid schedule set at the beginning of the week. That doesn't piss me off so much as not having a spot/eating a cheat meal.That's funny you post this poll because a few hours ago I ate a Double Whopper and I'm incredibly regretful right now. While I'm eating it, it's like I'm justifying it in my mind by just saying, "It's got a lot of protein in it" over and over in my head, but by the time it's down I feel pretty sh%^*y. I compensate sometimes by just going extended periods without eating as a sort of punishment, but I've been much better on keeping fats almost to a depleted level lately. Same thing goes for if I forget to eat my protein shake. I wake up in the morning and get legitimately upset at myself for missing out on 60+g's of protein, and end up eating tuna, eggs, some kind of soy product, and the protein shake the next day to make up for lost ground.

casey2

casey2

Awards
since im on h-drol, yes. infact not 30 min ago i started getting all kinds of angry (i keep it in my head, as in i try not to let it manifest physically) and build up frustration n anxiety from...missing a meal by 30 min ha!! but im an ecto and am eating for this cycle like never before. i decided not to hold out so im in bed by 11, always full and never missing a day. if any of these factors change, i get anxious haha. but i guess when you gain 24 lb in 4 weeks u know where it went. boo ya!

oh and its also a side of the drol of course. just getting so easily irritated at absolutely nothing, in itself is lately starting to PISS ME OFF!

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
The thing the probably frustrates me the most is when I take a supplement, usually stims, right when I wake up. Then I wait about 30 minutes and have some kind of quick shake and then off to the gym about 30 minutes after that. Once in a while when I get to the gym my damn blood sugar will be so low that I will just not be able to function for like 15-20 more minutes until the shake hits me..
That happened to me today with recreate and AP. I popped both,
ate some granola cereal w/ whey in the milk, waited a bit then went to hit the gym and was all under-carbed and strung out, bleh. Then I felt like an idiot because I had just gotten to the gym and needed to hit up the smoothie shop next door and then wait for my smoothie to get taken up before I could even start, and by then the recreate pep was all used up. Timing with supplements can be a serious pain.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
doesn't really make me OCD (as pointed out), but i can't stand missing any part of it. i've been late to work, dates, parties, etc. just to make sure i got those two important things in first before going. obsessed or dedicated, depends on who you ask.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
doesn't really make me OCD (as pointed out), but i can't stand missing any part of it. i've been late to work, dates, parties, etc. just to make sure i got those two important things in first before going. obsessed or dedicated, depends on who you ask.
Damn Beelz, lookin pretty lean brother. I guess you changed up from the strength/powerlifting aspect?

Adams

Cash

Awards
if i eat a cheat meal or miss one its annoying but not too big of a deal, can make up for it later in some way. But if i miss a day in the gym when i had planned to go its just disappointing, i take each work out session as one step further towards my goal, when i miss one it makes me feel like im taking a step backwards. Its nothing that is noticeable by other people, but will be in my mind the rest of the day.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
Damn Beelz, lookin pretty lean brother. I guess you changed up from the strength/powerlifting aspect?

Adams
yeah man, it was starting to take a toll on my body. i feel much healthier at this weight and still lifting a pretty decent amount as well. it gave me a great base though, and provided with something to lean down to.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yeah man, it was starting to take a toll on my body. i feel much healthier at this weight and still lifting a pretty decent amount as well. it gave me a great base though, and provided with something to lean down to.
What type of approach did you use to drop?

Adams

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I also would like to applaud Beelze! :clap2:

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
i'm the same way, if i feel certain I will get to the gym that day and I don't, it irks me to no end. OTOH, I would say a cheat meal is pretty much always welcome for me :rofl::pizza::head:

although I would be much better off if that wasn't the case :(

jerxxcoo

jerxxcoo

Awards
I think both make me upset but more so if I miss a workout. I am craving bad food now!