need advice on supplements

jonathonk10d

jonathonk10d

Awards
I’m new to the site; just found it a couple of days ago. I was not sure where would be the best place to post this so let me know if I need to move it.
I would like some supplement advice, if it’s not too much trouble. I’m sure there are a lot of posts like this and I am sorry for having to ask but there is just so much out there and I don’t want to waste my time.

Alright let me give you my stats first,

There are current pictures in my profile if that helps
I am 5’ 9” and weigh 171lbs.
I have been lifting seriously for seven years. I have taken some breaks but never for very long.
Throughout the years I have always gone up in strength with little mass gains.
I do not do any cardio because I have been trying to gain, although I work in the construction industry so I am always moving and lifting.

I eat at least 1 gram of protein per pound every day and eat plenty of fruits and vegetables.
I take a good multi vitamin, creatine, and just ran out of glutamine.

So finally, I would like some suggestions for something that will help me gain some size. I prefer lean gains. I was thinking about maybe trying a prohormone but I am completely up for anything.

Thanks,

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
I’m new to the site; just found it a couple of days ago. I was not sure where would be the best place to post this so let me know if I need to move it.
I would like some supplement advice, if it’s not too much trouble. I’m sure there are a lot of posts like this and I am sorry for having to ask but there is just so much out there and I don’t want to waste my time.

Alright let me give you my stats first,

There are current pictures in my profile if that helps
I am 5’ 9” and weigh 171lbs.
I have been lifting seriously for seven years. I have taken some breaks but never for very long.
Throughout the years I have always gone up in strength with little mass gains.
I do not do any cardio because I have been trying to gain, although I work in the construction industry so I am always moving and lifting.

I eat at least 1 gram of protein per pound every day and eat plenty of fruits and vegetables.
I take a good multi vitamin, creatine, and just ran out of glutamine.

So finally, I would like some suggestions for something that will help me gain some size. I prefer lean gains. I was thinking about maybe trying a prohormone but I am completely up for anything.

Thanks,
Welcome to the site. :welcome: How old are you?

sreed11

sreed11

Awards
  • Established
Welcome to the site bro. I'm sure this is soon to come from many others but we're all going to want to know your diet and see what your workout looks like. I dont think a PH is necessary yet bro, but let us know what your diet and workout looks like and i'm sure many people will be able to help you out.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
welcome bud! I would start out by saying def do cardio! no matter what your body will thank you. gotta get an even mix IMO. also try a high carb diet and HIT or bill star madcow 5x5. you should see some mass results with that, also try to take 2xBW in grams of protein perday for mass and bulk. ANy questions feel free to PM me. GOOD LUCK!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Diet improvement is going to be your answer here. I can feel it. Seriously when you say you have been making good progress without weight gain simply means your not eating enough. Once you get a diet that works for you then maybe look into supplementation.

Things that don't play with your hormones in any way are going to be the way to go with supplements. Some nutrient partitioning perhaps Anabolic Pump, Pslin or Neovar. You don't need a test booster at your age. Anyways diet first then supps later. You have to learn what works for you without supps to know what supps will do for you.

Oh and things like fish oil and vitamins are part of diet. 6 grams of fish oil, a good multi, some C and D and E would be ok with maybe a B complex. Some people here are knowledeable aminos as well, this should be your first area of focus.

jonathonk10d

jonathonk10d

Awards
Thank you all for the advice and I agree with everything said about importance of a good diet. I feel the same way. It has always been the most important part for me. I know there is room for improvement but I really do feel good about my diet.
I do take a men’s multi, and joint vitamins (which contain a lot of fish oil), along with a couple of Aminos. And when I said at least 1 gram protein per body pound I meant minimum, I usually eat much more.
It was my fault for not being more specific. I feel that I am on the right track as with training and diet but would like advice on some good supplements.

lightemup

lightemup

Awards
  • Established
dont go with prohormone man. i like incarnate cuz it give me plenty of energy. im also trying out powerFULL by USPlabs. its a pretty nice supp. sleep like a baby, and impressive gains and energy.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
well what are your goals again? specific