Chubby girl looking to lose her title

dawn0028

Awards
Hi there,
I'm new here, and have been scouring the forums for quite some time. This website seems to have the best evaluations of supplements and regimines there is, with little advertisement. Problem I am having though is finding enough information specific to women & weight loss, w/ no super muscle gain so sorry if I'm top-posting.

I'm a military wife/student and am looking to drop some serious flub asap (since the husband returns from Iraq in late July), but am plateauing hardcore. I'm also a vegetarian that leans towards the veganism side when it comes to animal byproducts in supplements/foods. First off, here's the progression I've been seeing:

Day 1: Date: July 17th, 2007
Body Part Inches # parts Loss/Gain
Calves 14 8/16 2 N/A
Thighs 24 8/16 2 N/A
Booty 42 1 N/A
Tummy 37 1 N/A
Bust 37 1 N/A
Forearm 10 2 N/A
Arms 12 4/16 2 N/A

Total Loss Weight Weight Loss
N/A 150 N/A

Most Recent Weigh in: April 26, 2008
Body Part Inches
Calves 13 13/16
Thighs 22 8/16 2
Booty 39 6/16 1
Tummy 29 9/16 1
Bust 35 12/16 1
Forearm 8 11/16 2
Arms 10 11/16 2

Total Loss Weight
-22 143

I have a ridiculous amount of health problems, but have been getting better over the last month since stepping up my cardio and coming off some heavy meds. I have lung disease (non-smoker, just evil lungs that decided one day many years ago to hate me horribly, causing a lot of blood buildup in them if I run much). I'm looking for supplements that would help me lose weight without having the scary-ass side effects of facial hair for the rest of your life or high chance of heart problems. I'm very sensitive to caffeine, but okay with stimulant types. I'm currently on 10 mg Adderall for my ADD, but will get a stronger dose once I go back for a new prescription. I've tried Hot-Rox Extreme and they were alright, but was hoping for something I may either get in a drugstore or affordably online. Currently I've just been taking Zantrex-3 because it's cheap and keeps me awake during class/gets me up early enough to workout each morning.

The closest gym to wear I live is about 50 miles out, where I go to school on Mondays and Wednesdays. I hit it up each M&W, and will step it up this summer when I have class M-F.

I purchased some Lean Grow in the idea that maybe I could do 2 shakes a day with one healthy meal, as a less-intense velocity diet. I am planning on starting this tomorrow w/ the supplements that the diet recommended.

Well, I guess I'm just looking for supplement recommendations and overall ideas about what I could be doing. Looking forward to the replies --Amber

Attachments

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
As for supplements checkout:
Sesamin
CLA
DCP by RPN
Fish Oil

Also try utilizing Non Exercise Physical Activity (NEPA) more. Pretty much just try to move as much as possible throughout the day. Walking more and even just standing over siting all add up to some substantial results. Since you are mentioning the velocity diet I am sure you have read about NEPA as well because it is a big part of that diet plan.

Finally don't be afraid of lifting weights because woman simply do not have the hormonal profile to build muscle like men do. Compound exercise will do wonders for your body and won't bulk you up, but will make you more toned. Remember muscle is metabolically active so there more of it you have the more calories you use throughout the day. So lift and try to gain muscle but trust me you will not become a mass monster or anything.

Good Luck!

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
So from what I gather from your post you're only having 3 meals a day?
I could do 2 shakes a day with one healthy meal
If my guess is correct then you need to eat more often. Since you're vegan, perhaps rice or pea protein + a bunch of vegetables and flax oil/evoo.

If you're willing to do fish oil that would be more desirable than flax, but if you're lifestyle doesn't allow it, flax will suffice.

dawn0028

Awards
Re: pmiller383

I've noticed a lot of talk about the DCP on the forums so I think that'll be the first of the purchases. I've heard a lot of guys mention Lipo 6 X as well, but never in cases of women. Is that just because the issue hasn't come up, or is there another reason?

As for the lifting weights...I actually prefer the weight machines over the cardio equipment by quite a bit. I do build muscle really easily, which is not all bad, but need to shed some of the fat layer on top before building much more. I have been trying to lift lower weights on the machine with more reps, but it gets a litltle bit confusing as to what is considered low weights, especially as the machines become easier. I know that this method will eventually get me to my goal weight since it has before, but would love it to work faster (thus the looking into supplements).

Would you be able to recommend any good appetite suppressors? I'm going towards being completely repulsed by the site of food so that the velocity diet becomes a lot more doable when I'm out and about during the summer.

dawn0028

Awards
Also, any idea where one can order the DCP? I can't seem to find a site without it on backorder.

tim1985

tim1985

Awards
  • Established
if your looking for something to keep you at attention in class you should look into Levi-R although it does have caffeine in it i don't think it has all that much in it. levi-r stacks great with DCP, or you could go with recreate and DCP. btw welcome to the site there are alot of good people on here i think you'll like it here. also congrats on your progress so far.

tim1985

tim1985

Awards
  • Established
Also, any idea where one can order the DCP? I can't seem to find a site without it on backorder.
if nutaplanet is out im sure they will have it back in stock within a few days, also inquiring about an outside site is not allowed just so you know.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
I've noticed a lot of talk about the DCP on the forums so I think that'll be the first of the purchases. I've heard a lot of guys mention Lipo 6 X as well, but never in cases of women. Is that just because the issue hasn't come up, or is there another reason?

As for the lifting weights...I actually prefer the weight machines over the cardio equipment by quite a bit. I do build muscle really easily, which is not all bad, but need to shed some of the fat layer on top before building much more. I have been trying to lift lower weights on the machine with more reps, but it gets a litltle bit confusing as to what is considered low weights, especially as the machines become easier. I know that this method will eventually get me to my goal weight since it has before, but would love it to work faster (thus the looking into supplements).

Would you be able to recommend any good appetite suppressors? I'm going towards being completely repulsed by the site of food so that the velocity diet becomes a lot more doable when I'm out and about during the summer.
Best weapon for dropping bf is going to be increasing the amount of lean mass on your frame. With more lean mass, you would be burning more calories than you would with less.

Again, if you're only eating 3 times a day I don't think you should be looking for appetite suppressors. Your body is telling you that it needs fuel. But if you're dead set on starving yourself there are several products available.

Recreate by USPLabs is one of the newest weight management products, as well as the top seller at Nutraplanet presently. Leviathan Reloaded by PAL is another popular supplement for weight management.

krazy

Awards
Please, spread the word to your other women friends. We need more skinny women in this world.

Cheers to you for supporting your country and doing your part to help a vet :) :)