New to Supplements need some.

MakeTime

Awards
hello all.
I am completely new to supplements and I have been reading some threads on here and It looks as though I might not be ready at this point to start. Need some opinions from you guys.
32 Yr old 250 Lb. Couldn't tell you Body Fat Ratio just yet. Signed up with Trainer to body build which I have not done since the good old High School Days and of course that is when I was pumping it hard.
I was never a monster in size but noticed results fast mainly in my upper body. So now that I am older, what I need is some ideas of supplements, vitamins, and such to help me get started again. Any ideas would be great. I have purchased Havoc but from what I am seeing it could cause major problems health wise if I do not use the correct Vit, Min, etc.
Not gonna give you any sad details on todays look because unfortunately Being a single dad has left me wondering what happened to the good ole' days. I don't plan on being a competitive builder, just ready to get back in shape and bring the Muscles back.
Any Sugg?

:hot:

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
I'd avoid Havoc for the time being, until you get the chance to read up on it forwards and back. There are some negative potential side effects.

Search info on products like Neovar, RPM, Drive, Activate Extreme, and X-Factor. These are all proven time and time again to be highly effective products. Feel free to hit me with a PM if you're looking for additional help man.

krazy

Awards
Heres what you need to focus on:

Food (get your calroies up.. calculate your BMI and BMR and stuff)
Fish Oil (I recommend Carlsons)
BCAAs (I recommend Xtend)
Creatine (I recommend bulk powder Micronized Creatine Monohydrate to start - drink 2 liters of water a day with this - can be mixed in with your Xtend pre and post workout)

...and keeping with your routine.

Do that for 4-6 months and you'll see drastic changes. Throw in some cardio if youre fat.

At 32, I would recommend seeing an endo regarding your T levels. They're starting to naturally decline and you can supplement T and you'll feel like a kid again and see gains in muscle. Post up a 'what do I need to know and what labwork do I need' in the Male Anti-Aging Medicine forum here and there are some stellar people in there who can help you.

Theres your 6 month plan.

MakeTime

Awards
wow, questions get answered fast here. Awesome. Doing research on Lanbane's and I HAVE seen alot about the fish oil thing for sure on here. Also have heard that it is just a good dietary supplement for most out in the world. Will check out the Male Anti-Aging Med forum.
appreciate the responses

MakeTime

Awards
also, are most of these able to be purchased at GNC? They had no clue what HAVOC was when I asked them about it.

krazy

Awards
also, are most of these able to be purchased at GNC? They had no clue what HAVOC was when I asked them about it.
Noooooo. Never go to GNC!!!! Stay away!

NutraPlanet.com

plus there are alotta other sites to buy stuff too but NP pays this place money and Im sure they wouldnt like me naming them. A simple Google search will find plenty of sources for supplements.

yeashescool

Awards
multi
whey
and keep your diet in check
down the road look into bcaa's, and creatine
since new to lifting i would stay clear of Havoc, natty test boosters would prob be a good thing to look into tho

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
just to validate this: are you aware that Havoc is an oral Steroid?

honestly, I'd stick to fish oil, protein, training, sleep and a clean diet for a while before I considered diving into the supplement world.

if you haven't hit the weights for a while you'll make progress really fast for a while without taking any supps. if you're trying to lose some fat and you're watching the scale then I wouldn't take creatine for a while...the flux in water weight makes it difficult to monitor your fat loss with the scale.

how tall are you, what's your waist size? (250 pounds is relative)

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You don't need to think too much about supplements at this point you have a few years where increasing knowledge and reorganizing your lifestyle will bring about good progress.

Just get some decent proetein powder, nothing fancy or expensive and a multi-vatamin maybe some b-complex and some C and D. Good health should be your goal, the rest will follow.

MakeTime

Awards
just to validate this: are you aware that Havoc is an oral Steroid?

honestly, I'd stick to fish oil, protein, training, sleep and a clean diet for a while before I considered diving into the supplement world.

if you haven't hit the weights for a while you'll make progress really fast for a while without taking any supps. if you're trying to lose some fat and you're watching the scale then I wouldn't take creatine for a while...the flux in water weight makes it difficult to monitor your fat loss with the scale.

how tall are you, what's your waist size? (250 pounds is relative)

WOW - I really had no idea! I saw that it was giving great results to alot of guys on here but guess I never noticed that info! I will definately get the fish oil and protein. I am 6' with a waist of 36 @ 250. I am planning to do quite a bit of Cardio with the weight training to get rid of the spare tire.
Would suck after four weeks of training to wonder why I beat the hell out of anyone who looked at me wrong because I was taking a steroid. But being that I am 32, I don't have the drive I used to to Push as hard so Any ideas on that would be good also. Appreciate the input fellas.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just a friendly heads up you are not likely a 36 waist if you have a spare tire. If you wear 36 inch pants means you could be as large as 39-40. I used to make this mistake way back when. A 36 inch waist at 250 would make you pretty damn lean. Maybe your very small boned and I'm wrong though. Just something to look out for.